Guide Avoid Purchase of Pipo M3 P102 10.2" Tablet

Discussion in 'M3' started by djpleasure, Oct 8, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. djpleasure

djpleasure Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M3 P102
    I would strongly advise against purchasing a Pipo M3 P102 10.2 tablet. I recently received mine after purchasing direct from Pipo.

I received item as faulty, the top buttons are poorly made, volume control on mine is stuck in the down position, rendering the function useless at present. This was NOT something that occurred via postal damage, packaging was sound, box solid and not crushable at all. It had left the factory in this state.

Efforts to remedy this situation have been strained to say the least. Pipo customer services are rude and throw accusations. I have reverted to making a Paypal claim due to this.
    Paypal have frozen their account, this shows they have issues, Paypal do not tend to do this after just one complaint.

More importantly, after further investigation, run your tablet through "Android System Info" App, and you will see there is a major flaw in the speed of the processor, processor runs extremely slow.
    Worse is "Pipo" are fully aware of this issue, but still send the tablets out.

I would presume many buyers and retailers would buy these due to the processor, the 4 cores and the speed. As a retailer, expect to pass out a lot of refunds once the news of this flaw gets more publicity.

2. bluestang

bluestang Member

Tablet:
    N101 II w/TNT R5
    Phone:
    Novo7A w/ICS 4.0.3
    How did you purchase direct from the MFG/Factory?

3. djpleasure

djpleasure Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M3 P102
    Direct from Pipo, Pipo do not make the units however, they are outsourced to a factory

4. roman2025

roman2025 Developer

Tablet:
    PIPO Max M1
    My unit was perfect quality, and the firmware issues have been resolved. It is by far the best 10.1" unit on the market in it's price class. My 2-cents and I am primarily comparing against the N101 II which is hampered by bad QC and not very good firmware :(

They did have a major processor glitch but it was firmware which has since been fixed.

5. djpleasure

djpleasure Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M3 P102
    Firstly consider yourself lucky, secondly, lets hope you do never have to contact PiPo as CS Is useless. Once I have finished my conversations with them, I will show why, show you how they treat customers and show their dishonesty.

6. smileypete

smileypete Member

Tablet:
    7" MID Cortex A8
    Thought it was the other way round and they were OEM for other tablet labels:

http://www.pipo.com.cn/page.php?cid=47

What website did you buy from, as there's no online purchasing on the above site?

7. djpleasure

djpleasure Member

Tablet:
    Pipo M3 P102
  8. smileypete

smileypete Member

Tablet:
    7" MID Cortex A8
Remove Advertisements