1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery doesnt charge, stuck at 1%

Discussion in 'N101 Hardware & Technical' started by rekec, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Silver_Johnes

Silver_Johnes Firmware Developer

Well, i've got new battery from Eternal Team installed in my N101 today, also gat new charger from them.
    For the better or worse, but new battery does not solve this problem. It still does not charge.

I've heard that 4.85-5.15V gap is strictly required for controller to start charging. Didn't measure voltage of mine yet.
  2. PyromaniacB

PyromaniacB Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung GT-N7100
    TV Stick:
    MK808 TV Stick
    So it is probably a charge controller issue then...
  3. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    so it a controller fault in the tab that got the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Silver_Johnes

Probably it is, but i'll try to play with charger voltage and try to get battery controller' firmware upgrade from them also.
  5. sneasle

sneasle Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    I'm having a similar issue.

I've been having issues charging the tablet for the last week or so. First noticed the problem when it wouldn't charged with the tablet all the way shut off (yes, it did charge initially with the tablet all the way shutoff). Now it won't charge at all, I watched it drop from about 40% to 1% over the course of a day while plugged into the charger.

I work at a University in the electronics department so I went in and checked my wall plug, it is fine. Next step was to cut the wire in half and I've hooked the tablet directly to a bench top power supply so I can monitor what it is doing. At ~5.05V at the tablet it pulls between .4A-.1A, it cycles though this range.

Currently my battery is at 1% so I can't do anything with the tablet without the charger in. I've been running the stock firmware but at this point I can't flash it as I get a "prepare IDB fail" message when trying to flash.

I have a set of wifi antennas on order, I will crack this thing open when they get here and do some investigating on the battery charge issue at the same time.
  6. zetlaw

zetlaw Member

Ihad that problem i send mine back to the supplier after 2 weeks of testing. I think the problem is with the dc plug inside the tablet. Because of mine sometimes it charge and sometimes it didnt. But after 2-3 days when i play with the cable in the dc port it stop charging at all. What is still weird is that i figure out that when the device is off it can charge but very very slowly. Like 5% in A 8 hours. When i put my ear near the back of the tablet i hear the dc circuit start and stop repeatedly.
  7. Silver_Johnes

8. Licher Pils

Licher Pils Member

Tablet:
    Window N101
    i also have this problem - i will test it today
  9. Licher Pils

Licher Pils Member

Tablet:
    Window N101
    But...I am a noob in this - first i want to make a factory reset, what have i to do?
  10. rekec

rekec Member

Tablet:
    N101
    Did it fix batery stuck problem for anyone?
  11. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    don't really need because firmware restore will erase your tab

Sent from my Window N101 using Tapatalk 2
  12. wrbex

wrbex Member

Tablet:
    n101
    Oh, another thread about not charging :-/ I got my tablet yesterday, and it was fine while there was juice in battery, when time for charging came, problems start...same as above. Here is vid, how screen flickers, and in end of video where I unplug charger tablet shut's down.

13. wrbex

wrbex Member

Tablet:
    n101
    Hi again....Now I have another problem :-(
    As I was reading about wrong charger, that canot charge properly N101, in few post ppl wrote that they shorten lenght of charger cable...So i tired that, and guse what, it didn't help. Now I got what i think is bootloop?!
    here is vid
  14. forosdenadie

forosdenadie Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101 Coming soon
    after you short cable lenght, n101 start bootloop?
    without flashing, restoring or any else?
  15. zetlaw

zetlaw Member

The Bootloop happens because the device doesnt have much juice. i had the same problem as yours.
    i found out that when the device is off it will chrage but very very slow.
    meaning you can have 10% of charge over a full night.
    take the advice of people here and contact your seller there is no other way.
  16. zarkay

zarkay Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101
    To me it was the same problem with the battery, up to 15 hours and was still charging 1%, after trying and trying. I removed the sd card and internal, on the half hour and had charged 5% ....... I keep trying . It is not normal if charged 100% yesterday, and tonight has not uploaded nor a 1% . ....
  17. zarkay

zarkay Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101
    Nothing has changed, now my tablet does not charge, no way, after 17 hours the charger plugged in, it has risen to more than 4% .... and back down, wifi off, no sd card .... keep trying ... and when i get a 50% load i change my rom .... and will install the 3.2.1 vondroid....
  18. wrbex

wrbex Member

Tablet:
    n101
    Yup.....but as somene on other forum say's it might be because battery is FULLY empty...I don't know, on my tablet everything is stock...only few app's that I installd in that 5h of using tablet.
  19. wrbex

wrbex Member

Tablet:
    n101
    Forget to write, I left 2 times overnight chargin, tablet OFF not in standby...after 10h charge was 1%
  20. sunmike132

sunmike132 Member

I have problems charging my n101 too... i have figured out that on my situation, it's because of the plug on the charger. So i'm waiting a new charger right now.

What happens to me is that most of the times when i plug it in, it shows it charges but battery amount does not rise even after hours. I put it on sleep mode with screen off and when i put my ear on the wall charger i can here some ticking sound looping every second. I read on this forum that this is because the charger shuts down and restarts and the tablet does nto charge even though it show so. It makes sense i think. Also charger does not warm up.

BUT: Keeping my ear on the charger i move the plug of the charger attached on the tablet slowly around until it connects correctly. Then the ticking sound becomes constant to something like deep 'grrrrr' and the charger after some minutes becomes hot (since it's working) and tablet charges ok. I practiced a lot to do this and all the time i keep my ear on the wall charger in a silent room and move the plug until i get the correct sound coming from the charger.

Untill my new charger arrives, this method works for me. i hope i described my experience well enough to help...

ps1: one user recommended cutting some cord to prevent volt loss, i did this on my charger leaving 40-50 cm cord but don't know if this provided any help. also i'm on finless 1.8 cfw but i doubt it's a firmware problem...

ps2: i have noticed a third high pitched sound (like 'zzzzz') coming from my charger, this comes out when the tablet does not show 'charging'