Support Request Bricked MK809IV RK3188T

Discussion in 'Rikomagic' started by ripabr, Apr 11, 2015.

Remove Advertisements
  1. ripabr

ripabr Member

TV Stick:
    MK809III
    Hi guys,
    I think I have bricked mine MK809IV. It all started because it started to ask for a password before startup. After not much luck with password, I decided to flash firmware. I have searched on the forum for one that would fit mine, but it was very hard to find. I have tried a lot of them, but none worked. Always about the same problem some Penguin Frozen on Screen or infinity loop after showing the logo. But than It was just do same procedure of reset button connect to PC, rockchip tool and flash a new rom.
    But unfortunately the last one I''ve flashed none is shown on screen and when I tried to connect on PC it is not recognized.
    When connect to power supply or USB (on both OTG or regular power source) Blue light is on (so it is not completely burnt), but I can not make my PC to recognize it. I have tried 3 different cable, 2 different PC booting win 8.1, 7 and XP.
    Not sure if there may be another way to erase NAND to try to re-flash.
    Here are pictures of it:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Please help me!
    Is there any hope?
    May the force be with you!

koolryde likes this.
  2. ripabr

ripabr Member

TV Stick:
    MK809III
    Almost solved!
    I've managed to recognize it. Just short circuit NAND Chip (Big Chip on Last Image - which has a white tag). There is a point marking the chip close to the border opposite side of HDMI connector, count from there between 8 and 9 connector. Hold a paper clip there than connect to usb computer using OTG port - try in multiple times (be sure to install and re-install driver - I tried that many times before accomplishing) and it can take longer than expected (hold for like 5 seconds).
    Still missing correct firmware. Does any one has to share? If has a working one please do a backup and share firmware, I have tried already over 10 different firmware,with no success - original firmware showed ANDROID as logo while booting.

thanks

3. onlocash

onlocash Member

TV Stick:
    MK809IV
    Did you ever get this working I'm looking for the ROM for the MK809IV Rk-3188-t
    I tried a few no luck.How can I tell what wireless i have
    So far I tried 6 ROMS I short pins 6 and 7 and that gets me a blue box on RKbatch tools
    then I hit restore and it restores successfully but so far no go..

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  4. onlocash

onlocash Member

TV Stick:
    MK809IV
    Here's a pic of the MK809IV i have
    MK809IV.JPG

5. kevin sanders

kevin sanders Member

Phone:
    lg
    TV Stick:
    mk809iii
    how can I un brick my mk809iii and were can I find a proper tool that will work also is there any way toun brick a mx2 box on my p.c an not by reset toothpick please some help im new at this

6. ripabr

ripabr Member

TV Stick:
    MK809III
    I have tried ROM on following page: http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=523397329&view=share#category/type=0
    I don`t recall which has worked, but one of them have.
    Most probable to be cyxtech_rk31_cs918_8723_140901_8G2G.img

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  7. mecors

mecors Member

These links don't work anymore! Someone has a ROM which works WiFi in the MK809IV? I'd like to do flash from SD card and I'm already thinking to throw this stick in the garbage. I'm crazy, because it's not boot anyway. Help me, please!

Remove Advertisements