CHUWI V88 Working fw to what version and serial?

Discussion in 'Chuwi Unlisted' started by Bengt-Arne, Nov 19, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Bengt-Arne

Bengt-Arne Member

Tablet:
    Chuwi v88 CW0838 V88 16G213090xxxxA
    Phone:
    HUAWEI U8850
    Hello

Any news about the new FW?

2. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Yes, we work closely with geekbuying to bring a firmware up, but it is crazy, because chuwi has different revisions with different Rom's and different kernels. So, this means, you have to flash a firmware depending on your serial number and tablet revision.
    I personally flashed my chuwi with the false one, then you only get a black screen and the tablet did not boot anymore. After flashing and testing about 20 Rom s I get mine back to life and working with oma custom Rom and kernel 459. I changed it myself before flashing. So really a hard work.
    If your firmware works, I would just use the stock Rom this time... I have the tig edition, the green one which also has other Rom as the white version.

You can search Google about chuwi v88 on slanderous.com and you will understand me...

Gesendet von meinem Jiayu G4T-Advanced mit tapatalk

3. Bengt-Arne

Bengt-Arne Member

Tablet:
    Chuwi v88 CW0838 V88 16G213090xxxxA
    Phone:
    HUAWEI U8850
    Yes mrkus21

I have seen and experienced that. And really don't know how many HW revisions they have, I got a feeling that they change HW every 6 or 8 week.

If it had been possible to solve/find out what HW and Serial is compatible/working whit what FW, had been nice :)

Its a real mess...

Bengt-Arne

4. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    As I can tell you from my expierience, you can easily open the Chuwi v88 with a Guitar Plectrum. No Problem. Mine is MV3.0 could mean Revision 3, but I used FW for Revision 2 of OMA ROM. But I have a Green one with black bazel... and found out that this is the so called " Titanium ICE Green" Version of the v88.

I also did not know this before... So I took a Custom ROM and flashed it, in the End the Flash is successfull every Time, but the Tablet did not boot, because of different Kernel Versions.
    So only thing you can do is, check your Original Kernel at Device INFO, something like Kernel #351 or Kernel #459 or another one and then Download a ROM for your Serial Number... from Slatedroid. or XDA. like here http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/698-chuwi-pad-mini-v88/

I choose OMA ROM v5.1 for mine, then I replaced the Kernel at this ROM with the SlateDroid Kernel #351 and flashed it, did not work, then tried Kernel #459 and this works.
    After the Flash is takes long Time to boot, but only first boot. Then I see that the Internal Nand was not mounted, so no Data Memory. There is a Fix from OMA, it´s a Zip File you have to copy to SD Card Root and then put in your Chuwi, then boot into CWM which is installed with the Flash of the ROM and install the Fix from SD and then NAND works perfectly again.

That´s my Chuwi Story this Time.
    If you are not as crazy as me and want to do it correct, really dump your Stock ROM to be on a Save Side and then read your Kernel Version to flash it back then.
    After this choose a ROM fpr v88 Quad or v88... depending on your Serial Number.

But I have to say, the Stock ROM on my Chuwi was not bad, only the Display Settings did Stop after clicking it... So I had to use an App to regulate the Screen Brightness.
    Now with OMA this works, but also the OMA bootup is slower. Features are cool on OMA.

I think it is too much work to list every Device and I can´t buy every Revision to test.
    If you need a List, search at Slatedroid.com, theres a lot of helpful Stuff for the v88 !

I can see, you have a Serial 090xxxxA... this is before mine, I got 1100xxxx
    To make it clear,

16G213xxxxxxx = 16 = 16GB Flash, G2 = 2 GB RAM, 13 = 2013 Manufacturing Year.

No way to read the Revision on the Device... only on the PCB like mine here...

IMG_20131206_005507.jpg

Also the XDA Thread here let me think about changing the Kernel only and try it...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45993907&postcount=656

I now use Kernel #459 and it works !
    This is the ROM I´m using but v5.1 !

http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=1499

Also really helpful : the Main Page... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2310818
    But you have to read much and try a Lot to get the right Version running.

For me I, I spend about 8 Hrs to get my Chuwi back to life and booting again. This sucks... And I´m happy that it runs again.
    I have no Fear to brick it, because RK3188 are really hard to brick, I never did it. Only important, use the ERASE NAND before every new Flash and you will normally have no Problems.
    Now I know, it´s easy to open, so if a Soft Brick happens, no Problem to reset NAND manually.

Have Fun with it, I will now test OMA ROM in daily Life and maybe I bring up a Device Review !
    :p

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  5. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    So again, did some Tests with CPU and Kernel Tuner. Spotted that CPU0 is running normal others are stopped, crazy... if I do nothing, Antutu = 10990, if I set Kernel Tuner to "Link all Cores" Antutu gets 19333 ! This is maybe of OMAs Settings for Battery saving... I don´t know.
    Need to test it more and try some other Settings to get the 19333 every Time I use it. But anyway, a really smooth Device !

Maybe Tuen can explain me that. Should I use the "Link all Cores" Setting ?! If I do, I get Antutu every Time about 19200, 19333, 19219 and so...
    if I let it be as normal without linking it, Seems that only the CPU0 Core is running on higher Speeds while the others stuck at 316MHz... then I get Antutu 10900, 10800 and something like this.
    Kernel Tuner is set at interactice Gov. I didn´t change this, but how about linking all together... ?!
    Or should I use another Tool for it ?

@Tuen

6. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    You need know: we have power saving or we have performance.. You can't get both of them

Personally antutu score is just a score. If you feel that battery saving is fast enough then you don't need to set higher performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I know this, but I don´t know before that CPU 1, 2 and 3 can be stopped...

This Time I got no Sound, this is crazy, because I did not change anything about this...
    Did Reset it to Factory Settings, now it works again, so maybe I should let the Settings be Original

8. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Some Screenshots of this Chuwi v88 with OMA ROM v5.1

Screenshot_2013-12-08-11-49-55.png Screenshot_2013-12-08-11-50-10.png Screenshot_2013-12-08-11-50-14.png Screenshot_2013-12-08-11-50-19.png Screenshot_2013-12-08-11-50-40.png Screenshot_2013-12-08-11-50-55.png Screenshot_2013-12-08-11-51-11.png Screenshot_2013-12-08-11-51-43.png

9. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    @mrkus21 maybe also planned to buy a tab xD
    can you give me some information:
    - how are the battery usage in standby? % of battery draining.
    - 5v charger?
    - front camera quality? (dark environment?)

10. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Hey Tuen, I can tell you, I´m really happy with the Chuwi v88...
    I´m using OMA Custom ROM v5.1 this Time with Kernel Bob 459 depending on the Serial No.
    The Battery is a real 5000mAh Batter which is really cool. I took the Tablet with me on a Trip and I can tell you the Battery usage in Standby is about 1% / hr.
    1 hrs = 1% but that Time I got WiFi turned off... I will test it with WiFi on.
    It has a 5V 2000mA Charger included.
    Front Cam is not really good if it´s dark, its a 2MP Cam. Back is 5MP. But for me not needed, Skype Video Calls did not work on this Rom yet. I don´t know if this is ROM or APP related.

I will try to test the OMA v5.3 ROM next Time...
    There are much ROMs up here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/76665-oma-rocks-rom/

The Chuwi v88 is worth it´s money, I paied about 145€ including Taxes and DHL Express Shipping from Geekbuying and I got the "Titanium ICE Green Edition Model". ;-)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  11. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
  12. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
  13. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    45min, Battery drain is about 2% with WiFi On !
    Doing more Tests...

but I have to say, WiFi is set ON also in Sleep Mode. This can be changed (tweaked) to OFF in Sleep Mode. But I like it to change it myself how I need.

14. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    OK. Now battery is ab out 92% after 4hrs. Wifi on, tablet screen off.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 4

Remove Advertisements