chuwi vx8 3g ROM?

Discussion in 'Chuwi Unlisted' started by iktor, Sep 17, 2014.

Remove Advertisements
  1. iktor

iktor Member

Tablet:
    VX8 3g
    Phone:
    Moto-G
    Hi!

I recently puchase this tablet but I cannot find any rom or support, (not even the official rom, cant find it at chuwis webpage)

I would like to root it and play with xposed framework but without a rom to restore it just in case gets bricked i´m not willing to do it.
    I could do a nandroid backup but i dont know if i will be able to instal a custom recovery.

Someone can help me with that?

THANKS A LOT!

EDIT: Think I fount it, its in .bin format so I suppose should load it via download mode, but there are a lot of different archives so dont really know what to do with that....

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  2. ATAB

ATAB Staff Member Global Moderator

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    Hello,
    it's been a while...are you still using the tablet? How is it!?
    Any stable ROM found for it!?

Thanks,
    ATAB

3. iktor

iktor Member

Tablet:
    VX8 3g
    Phone:
    Moto-G
    Hi,
    I have been using it for a week until I found out that the headphone jack wasnt working properly. So I shiped it back to china an have a teclast air x98 3G instead.

The chuwi was a great tablet the only problem I see its its software, needs optimization (mainly the battery use), the tablet its always working with its 4 cores at full speed when its on, you don't need that while browsing through the menu,(I think its more an Intel problem than chuwi) you can fix it via root (and I did) but when you buy something you want it work properly since you unbox it.

So well.... I think its a cool tablet with a nice desing (looks more expensive that its looks), for its price its a great value, decent battery life (but not great) the 8 inch screen makes it very portable with a decent size, so I think its worth buy it.

I bought it at banggood, I asked them the latest ROM and they send me a link, with the 1.08 version(mine came with 1.05 I think), I don't know if there is a newer.
    I also receive an OTA update so its looks that they are working on the tablet.

(Sorry if I made any mistake, English is not my native language)

4. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I also now got a Chuwi VX8 3G, theres no ROM yet, but I don´t know why need one ? It runs really great wthout any Bug for me.
    The best Thing is Battery drain at Standby, it´s only 3% after 10 hrs !!! Great Thing. Always keep it on haha.

I wanted to sell it, but noone likes it this Time, so maybe I will try to get Root with kingo or soomething.

Remove Advertisements