Couple of questions for imito users..

Discussion in 'MX2' started by ilzzy, Dec 21, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. ilzzy

ilzzy Member

Tablet:
    imito mx2
    Phone:
    sgs2
    I recently purchased a imito MX2 and have a couple of q's hopefully you guys can answer.

With the notifications bar there is a section with an arrow pointing down, when pressed this will drop the notification bar off the bottom of the screen - thats handy for video playback but my question is, Does anyone know how to get it back?

Also I'd really like to be able to control the device from my android handset (SGS2)
    Rather than using a standardish VNC server/client setup where i'd control the tv stick via mouse pointer from my handset is there a better way of doing this..

I'd like to be able to control the device via swipes and touches on my handset effectivly as if i was on the tv stick itself - I know i found some software to do this a while back while reseaching the imito but i cant find it now....

Any idea's?

2. famtasmicmickey

famtasmicmickey Member

You should be able grab the bottom of the screen and pull the navigation menu back up.

For controlling your stick from another android device you can either use RKRemoteControl or DroidMote.

3. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
  4. ilzzy

ilzzy Member

Tablet:
    imito mx2
    Phone:
    sgs2
    perfect that's the one, many thanks

5. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Cool, test it and tell us about your thoughts !

;)

6. ilzzy

ilzzy Member

Tablet:
    imito mx2
    Phone:
    sgs2
    The RKRemoteControl app seems to work well, would be nice if there was some kind of visual feedback on the client device during touchpad use because it make selections hard..
    I picked up a a Microsoft desktop 800 wireless KB/Mouse set for AU$29 from officeworks as my main controller but the remote is a cool addition to that.

The US$4 USB to ethernet adapter works fine but I just got this in case the wifi signal was poor - so far its been great.

The only issue i'm having is lose of sync when viewing shows on ABC's iview. I've read this can be an issue but it only seems to be happening with that service for me.

Out of interest mrkus21 why are you selling your imito?

7. ilzzy

ilzzy Member

Tablet:
    imito mx2
    Phone:
    sgs2
    also.. my device is imito Mk2 if you want to move this tread to the correct new forum

8. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Done... It´s now under MX2 Section.

I got an imito MX1, that has really big WiFi Issues, it freezes sometimes after 4-5 Hrs.. and also my 2nd. micro USB Port is dead.
    The freezing Problem might be a Memory issue of a Wifi Card Problem, don´t know.
    But I can´t fix it with Custom Roms and also the Original is not fixing that.

But no Problem, I´m waiting for a MK808B to arrive which makes it easier to fit in my Box I built.
    This one here: http://vondroid.com/threads/self-made-universal-case-for-mini-pcs-first-pictures.4016/

Otherwise I have an Idea how you can get feedback on Screen. Go to the Developer options at your Menu, there must be a Point where you can
    select optical Feedback on Screen while touching. I don´t know how the correct Name is... but after you select this, you get a Circle under your klicks.

9. ilzzy

ilzzy Member

Tablet:
    imito mx2
    Phone:
    sgs2
    it sucks you're having issues, I'm guessing the wifi reception could be down to the metal case although I have to admit mines placed about 4 feet away from my router and I'm yet to test it in any other rooms.

A cheap usb to ethernet adapter would be an alternative way to get a network signal in..

I have this:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-USB-...?pt=AU_Laptop_Accessories&hash=item23233314bf

The usb issue you are experiencing could be down to the cables you are using.. I've noticed that the MX2 ships with cables that have slightly longer connectors on the micro usb end.. I've had problems using anything except the 2x cables that came with the unit - they make weak connections and have a tendency to fall out because of this.

if anyone has any idea's about the snyc issue on the mx2 I'm all ears, right now I'm going back a screen and reloading every 20 mins.

10. ilzzy

ilzzy Member

Tablet:
    imito mx2
    Phone:
    sgs2
    the box/case idea is cool but i think its overkill.. the idea of these devices is that they are small and don't take up any desktop space, so far I have no problems running the unit even with a non powered 7 port hub connected.

Not sure why you would need a power supply like that though from my experience a good OEM power adapter is the way to go, any of the Chinese stuff that ships with these types of units would be questionable.

I've come to only ever use Samsung, HTC or Apple OEM power adapters with a usb charged devices since killing a PSP with a cheap charger a few years ago..

Ive attached a pic of my basic setup
    Ive had 2 or three USB sticks connected to the hub at once with no problems.

Attached Files:

11. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    The WiFi Signal is not Only bad with the Case, I tested it also with a external Antenna and without a Case, it gets a bit better but not as I want !

I also have this Ethernet Adapter used on imito MX1 but this wouldn´t work for me. Seems this is also a Problem causing to the red PCB !
    No Problems with Cables, the Port itself is Dead, I measured it, maybe because I did a flash without external Power supply !

Your Setup is not enough for me, first the Power Supply should have enough Power at my Case Version to Power up all Components !
    The Original PowerSupply is too small for that !

Also I really need my "overkillin" Case, because I want to Overclock the Device with a ROM from Freaktab.
    My imito MX1 is sold, because the MK808B is a better Device I think and it has the SoC Overclocking Function.

Your MX2 or also the MX1 only runs at 1.2 GHz, but could run at 1.4 or 1.6 ! But the Problem is a heating Thing !
    This is why I built my "overkillin Case" to get a 80mm Fan on Top of my Case which cooles down the Device as running on more GHz !

Your Picture is nice, but you´re only talking about USB Sticks, try to mount a external 2,5inch Harddrive and see whats happening without a external Power Supply !!!
    Your Phone Power Supply could also overheat if you connect more devices like Harddrives, Fans, Ethernet Adapters, Usb Sticks,USB Sound Stick like I do !

P.S. I use my Own USB Cables, because of Data Package Problems like flashing...or also for the OTG Port. I always use short Cables !
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/Micro-USB-OT...stige_Hauselektronik&var=&hash=item4d0647b0b4
    If you use it the normal Way, like You, this is a normal Setup... But if you are Crazy like me or KRWiFi you have to engineer you own "overkillin Case" ;)

12. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
  13. tharsis2

tharsis2 Member

Tablet:
    Xiaomi M1 Plus
    Phone:
    IMito MX2
    Hi,
    I just received my iMito MX2. Can you please inform me where I can download the latest official IMito MX2 firmware?

Thanks,

14. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Yes you can install the mx1, it's the same. You can get it at official imito firmware here. But you can also flash a finless custom rom. You can get it on freaktab.com. this offers more performance, root, 1080p and more features.

Gesendet von meinem JY-G3 mit Tapatalk 2

15. micro0815

micro0815 Member

Hi there!

I'm not sure if the ROM is 100% the same: When flashing a MX1 firmware the power on splash screen with the Jelly Bean filled Android shows "MX1" instead of "MX2"
    as it does with untouched MX2 sticks.

Is there any way to keep the original splash screen? Or does there exist a "real" MX2 stock firmware?

16. Geekbuying

Geekbuying Verified Store

Tablet:
    Ainol N10
    Hi
    The MX1 and MX2 use the same software, they have the same pcba board, just case is different. so the factory just made one stock firmware, don't worry about the boot image, it won't effect anything.
    You can find the stock firmware on our blog.geekbuying.com

Enjoy!

17. ATAB

ATAB Staff Member Global Moderator

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    Really?
    Thanks to make this clear... ;-) !

Remove Advertisements