Support Request CS918 V2_6 20140929 - rooting help please

Discussion in 'General Android TV & Unlisted' started by Skelmy, Dec 8, 2014.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Skelmy

Skelmy Member

TV Stick:
    Generic Android TV RK3188 says the Chip Checker RK3188T says the ebay seller?
    I have tried every method for rooting this:

Android 4.2, RK3188 Quad-core, 2G DDR3, 8GB Nand flash.

CS918 V2_6 20140929 << is what it says on the motherboard inside the device its one of the green motherboards and the silver case.

I have rooted android phones and other phones before, but I cannot seem to get any where with this!!

The easy root unroot for the RK3188 newest version does not work!! IT SAYS it completes but it doesn't!!

I have also tried to get it into recovery mode for flashing a custom rom, but to no avail. The app that was installed by easy root unroot for the RK3188 installed root explorer and I cannot seem to uninstall that either so I can't even send it back!!

Please can people help me!!

Thanks

2. Skelmy

Skelmy Member

TV Stick:
    I forgot to add the easy root RK3188 says its completed, re boots, then when you open up super SU it says it cant install because there is no SU binary installed. but it says its completed on the lap top end in the CMD custom winder in RK3188 easy root unroot.

3. fivegoldstars

fivegoldstars Member

TV Stick:
    rk3188
    I have the same board and used Rootgenius.

4. Skelmy

Skelmy Member

TV Stick:
    Thank you very much. I will have a look for Rootgenius

Thanks.

^_^

5. Skelmy

Skelmy Member

TV Stick:
    Ahh I now have another problem. I would like to install a custom recovery and a custom rom but im banging my head against a brick wall!!

I could install a custom recovery with rom installer from playstore but i cannot find a custom recovery for this device.

Can anyone help?

Remove Advertisements