Discussion about the UBIK Uno

Discussion in 'Ubik' started by mrkus21, Nov 2, 2015.

Remove Advertisements
  1. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    You can discuss and post new Threads about the UNO itself.

Use the same Forum as I do here to post new Threads.

Regards, mrkus21

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
    we definitely need a dedicated ubik uno forum for when we all have the phones, so that we can report things about it etc. communicating on kickstarter all the time isn't ideal.

3. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Hi and welcome willngg.

Everything we need is possible here, I set up a Gerneral Discussion about UBIK and a Sub Category about the UNO.
    So feel free to post and comment here. As Iḿ also a early Backer, I think the same and this is needed !

4. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I thought here at the SUB Forum UNO we can discuss Hardware and Software Stuff, and if needed, I will do more Subs then...
    At the Parent Forum UBIK we can discuss Community Problems about the Sellers and Stuff.

So any Ideas, let me know if I can help.
    Good Night, I need to go to Bed now.

5. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
    something i wanted to point out as unacceptable from ubik is that on their website it says order now. order now.. not pre- order but order.. when the production phase isn't actually over. i think it's disloyal to newcomers who think they're actually going to receive the phone in 2 weeks. Second they're already selling accessories... Doesn't make sense to me, there's no phone yet. Otherwise i've been patiently waiting hopefully we do get the phone.

6. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Just open a thread above and we can sort the problems in different threads, would be great.

I go to bed, will be back tomorrow, it's late in Germany, haha

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

7. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
    more people should come on here because not all of us can write on kickstarter... i backed the phone through indiegogo, and some other people bought the phone through ubik's site so they don't know about the kickstarter comments

8. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Maybe someone should post this forum link here on their Facebook. I personally can't, I don't have Facebook... Maybe this helps.

Gesendet von meinem Sony Xperia Z5 compact mit Tapatalk

9. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
    "UBIK UNO on Pre-Sale Now
    http://ubikmobile.com/" ... That's what ubik just posted on facebook a few hours ago so im assuming they're close tp ready for shippments

10. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I will sell mine after a small great.

Gesendet von meinem Sony Xperia Z5 compact mit Tapatalk

11. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
    i'm gining up on the ubik i bought something else. the thing is they clearly lied to us. part of the reason they got backers is bcs they said the delivery date would be september. and you realise now it's a lie because they keep pushing the date again and again. today they said mid december for delivery. wtf?

12. ixtlan66210

ixtlan66210 Member

At this point, I don't even believe the mid-December date.

13. ixtlan66210

ixtlan66210 Member

This question was posed by Jacob Kleinman in an interview on July 26, 2015 to Christian Areco, Business Director of Ubik:

JK: How fast do you think you can upgrade the Ubik Uno to Android M once it comes out?

CA: We plan to work with any new software, and we should have a new phone running the latest version of Android by December. As for the Uno, we’re working with MediaTek’s schedule. It won’t be as fast as a Nexus phone, but it shouldn’t be much longer either.

I'm just curious. Does this sound like Ubik had planned a second phone by December?

Here;s the link:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/07/26/ubik-uno-kickstarter-interview-specs-features/

14. Jon_efc

Jon_efc Member

Can someone possibly help me.

On the Kickstarter pages in the comments i was banned yesterday. My username is "Jon"

I am unable to post comments on the page until Early December and this is down to Ubik making a complaint about me. I noticed "Jeh" has also had his post removed so its very likely that this is the case for him also.

My post on the comments was a repost of something posted by "Charles" about ubik, and address's and phone numbers and also some legal documents. I simply posted links to these sites on the comments page, and "jeh" posted something similar but in his case to review sites i believe.

Both posts were removed and when i questioned Kickstarter of my ban i received the following information.

-----------

Hi there,

This happened because we noticed you posting comments on a project - specifically, private/contact information for another user. This kind of activity is against our Guidelines (http://www.kickstarter.com/help/community) and it is not permitted. We take our guidelines very seriously; please take a minute to read through them.

Due to your inability to comply with our guidelines, your privileges to certain features on Kickstarter have been temporarily restricted. They will be restored on December 1st, but please bear in mind that future violations will result in stronger actions being taken against your account.

We understand the necessity of an open discourse between backers and creators. If you've had experiences that have led you to distrust this creator, it's fine to voice those opinions as longs as you do it in a manner compliant with our community guidelines.

Best,
    Kickstarter

-----------

I am unsure of the reasoning on how i breached the guidelines, as Ubik is a company and not an individual. Also we are also very concerned about how things are being undertaken currently i feel that providing information to the companies address and phone number should certainly not be against Kickstarters rules. Especially as its very overdue.

This is clearly Ubik trying to keep the complainers quiet and doing whatever in there power to keep there antics hidden. Can someone please post the above on the comments section and make everyone aware to be careful what they say !

We need to be careful not to allow ubik to silence us all, which is what it is doing.

15. Jon_efc

Jon_efc Member

I also posted yesterday on the comments board about ubiks failiure to acknowledge my request for a refund in anyway highlighting the terrible performance of customer service.

I have attached again some screenshots below of private messages but to cut a long store short :

1. I asked for a refund politely
    2. This was then asked 6 times with no response
    3. Ubik responded with the following, completely ignoring all my comments

4. I respond asking for answers to there dismisall of my questions, as follows

5. Ubik then replies again dismissing my comment without even reading it
    IMAGE SCREENSHOTS BELOW !!

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0ea5flp7a9
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/0845flpf95
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/0295flpk12

16. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
  17. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
    why does it look EXACTLY like the ubik uno??? loool

18. Jon_efc

Jon_efc Member

Can you post this on the kickstarter forums please

19. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
    i pleged through indiegogo so i cant comment on kickstarter . if you can post go ahead

20. ixtlan66210

ixtlan66210 Member

Remove Advertisements