Discussion about the UBIK Uno

Discussion in 'Ubik' started by mrkus21, Nov 2, 2015.

Remove Advertisements
  1. ixtlan66210

ixtlan66210 Member

@mrkus21 - Sorry. . I forgot to add your name. Thank you.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

2. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I opened this Forum for Posting everything about UBIKs promises and i hope we will be on Google on the first Searches soon.
    Nothing here will be deleted and anyone can tell us his thoughts about Ubik and his expieriences with them.
    Vondroid is free, free to post any kind of Stuff that follows our Rules.

So only advertising and bad Stuff will be deleted here.
    Anyone fell free to tell anybody from this Thread.
    I lost about 300USD on Kickstarter and they do nothing, only delete Threads and Comments that tell the truth and now, i hope you all will post here, to let others know about this shit !

3. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    You dont need to add @mrkus21 anytime... please, only if Im not online and if needed. You can see my online status at the edge of my pic.
    I really do not have much time to visit Vondroid for the next 2 Years because of School but I will be here sometimes.

4. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    The @username is a Function to let a User know by Email about this Post like @ixtlan66210 does this for you...
    You understand ?! So please not on every Post, I get too much of this notifications then...

haha. So for now Im off, merry Christmas and CU !

5. ixtlan66210

ixtlan66210 Member

Thanks for clarifying. Have a wonderful Christmas!

6. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
    so christmas i kinda over and nothing has changed lool i gurantee you it will be the same in jan. the thing is i dont care and didnt care for the delays, the most important was creating a community and sharing information telling us how things were done etc. they say this is not a store but they actually act worse than chinese online shops lol. Anyway if by 2016 nothing changes im asking for a refund

7. ixtlan66210

ixtlan66210 Member

@willngg - Did you get a survey regarding your address like the KS backers did?

8. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
    guys this is how u make a bazel less smartphone in 2 months . spread the word and no i didnt get a survey . i pledged through indiegogo sooo...

9. ixtlan66210

ixtlan66210 Member

@willngg - Wow. It certainly gives you more bang for the buck than the Uno and great specs for the money.

I read on the Reddit site that someone who purchased the Uno from the Ubik website received a refund without asking for it. I don't really know what it means but someone suggested it might be because of the lack of CE certification. Regardless, it certainly makes me wonder what is going on. Hopefully, the Uno materializes for all of us soon.

10. ixtlan66210

ixtlan66210 Member

@willngg - WOW!!! Certainly more bang for your buck than the Uno. Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully, I won't have to buy a phone before Project Ara releases its phones.

I saw on Reddit that someone that bought the Uno from the Ubik website got a refund without asking for one. I don't know what that means for all of us but, hopefully, the Uno will materlize for the rest of us soon.

11. Artie 101

Artie 101 Member

I was removed as a backer with no explanation 3 days ago. I received my money back from my credit card company. I am relieved to say the least. I think Kickstarter removed me so I could not comment anymore. People were commenting that their credit card company said no to the charge back and I told them not to accept that answer and escalate their complaint. I guess kickstarter/ubik did not want me to continue to let people know about escalating their request for a charge back. So I guess if you want your money back and to be removed as a backer, do what I did. This is now over for me and I am very relieved that I do not have to deal with it again. I cannot comment anymore on kickstarter under ubik uno.

12. ixtlan66210

ixtlan66210 Member

I'm glad your credit card company refunded your money and this is over for you. I hope everyone who wants a refund gets it. I'm still worried about the FCC license. Hopefully, there will be confirmation of it soon.

I'm not surprised they took away your ability to comment. I suspect they will be doing this to others soon, too.

13. Artie 101

Artie 101 Member

Initial comments sound pretty shitty. Man, I am glad I got my money back and don't have to live with this regret. Ubik really sucks. And they have the nerve to post a comment asking people to upload pictures on their Facebook page simply to promote them. What a bunch of assholes they are at Ubik.

14. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
    exactly... i feel pretty bad now some people got their phones and they're saying it feels cheap and broken lol. i'm still getting mine hopefully get to see some pictures soon

15. ixtlan66210

ixtlan66210 Member

I'm still confused as to why no one has been able to confirm the FCC license.

16. willngg

willngg Member

Phone:
    le tv x500
    TV Stick:
    Roku 3
    ok so people got the phone already and one thing im really pissed about with these scum bags is that the phone build looks NOTHING like the review units they sent to technobuffalo cenet etc.... touch screen sensitivity is way off. a pile of crap is what it is.
    and then watch and tell me....

17. Artie 101

Artie 101 Member

I get the feeling the parts were all ordered and assembled in somebody's living room over the last 4 months and that is the reason for the long delay and terrible quality of these phones. People are saying there is glue splotches under the screens, light leaks and many other issues. Sounds like an amateur not a skilled, experienced factory.

18. Artie 101

Artie 101 Member

Vitsmo seems like a large, reputable company. Given the fact that the Vitsmo Uno and Ubik Uno appear to be exactly the same except for the back cover, and given the fact that all the Ubik Unos seem to be defective in some way (light leaks, touch screen sensitivity, sim card slots not working etc etc), I can't help but think that someone has agreed to buy the defective/returned Vitsmo Unos, slap a Ubik back cover on them and sell them through KS as a great rich quick scheme.

The Ubik Unos are coming in waves not all at once...the original seals on the boxes are all broken when received by backers...every phone seems to have issues...Ubik cannot provide exact shipment dates to backers...I can't help but think that is because they do not know when they will get the next shipment of returned Vitsmo Unos to rebrand and pass off to KS backers as Ubik Unos.

This is just my theory but it really makes sense to me when I take into consideration all the facts.

Anybody else have a theory?

19. Artie 101

Artie 101 Member

BTW - I've ordered the Blu Life One X-4G LTE...any thoughts or experience with this phone?

20. ixtlan66210

ixtlan66210 Member

WOW! It's an interesting theory that I hope isn't true. Unfortunately though, you may be right.

Remove Advertisements