Custom Firmware Finless 1.7 ROM [1080p][OC][Root]

Discussion in 'MK809' started by bothlyn, Jan 25, 2013.

1. derrend

derrend Member

I can't get the Rom Flash Tool to recognise my MK809 to put it into flash mode and i have reinstalled the drivers more than once now. I'm using windows 7, any suggestions?
    Also what does "4/ adb reboot bootloader" mean?
  2. df_cas

df_cas Member

Tablet:
    Ipad2
    im on mac but doesnt windows have a compatibility mode where you can run it as if it were being run on xp/vista/win7 etc
  3. derrend

derrend Member

It's rooted, following your root instructions so the drivers for ROM Flash tool are installed now yes? All i need to do is connect it to the computer and chence from MTP to Mass Storage so why no recognition? Any ideas please?
  4. derrend

derrend Member

I fixed it.
    USB debugging needs to be turned OFF when connecting to ROM Flash Tool else it wont get recognised. This is not clear in opening post which makes a point to leave it on.
    Also the Rom Flash Tool gave fail errors when trying to boot into flash mode so I ended up using the Rockchip Batch Tool (link below) it recognised it immediately, all you have to do is hit 'switch' then you can continue flashing with ROM Flash Tool.
    My HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 7 had four devices listed that were missing drivers so I had to right-click on them in Device Manager and select 'Disable' before connecting my MK809 (and so before flash mode of course) so that the driver knew which device to be applied to. After that it worked perfectly :)
    Batch Tool Link : http://vondroid.com/attachments/rockchip_batch_tool_v1-6-zip.1700/

This rom is amazing, If you're running an MK809 without it then it's only half the machine it could be so get flashing!!

Also, the instructions during root say to download and install the android SDK which for me was a stand alone set of programs and so there was nothing to install. Also lines were supposed to be added in "<Your Android SDK>\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf" but that didn't exist so I created the folders and file and threw the text in there any way but I'm quite sure it served no purpose.

One final question - Any way to turn off the boot screen during... boot? Would be nice to not have to worry about my epileptic neighbour erupting into spontaneous erratic break dance each time I reset it.

Thanks! :)
  5. sd_dracula

sd_dracula Member

TV Stick:
    MK 809 II
    I have installed this onto my MK809 II and it works great except 2 things WiFi and Bluetooth.
    WiFi I can live without due to the USB ethernet adapter but Bluetooth I cannot due to the fact I am using a BT keyboard/trackpad to control the device.

Is there any way I can get Bluetooth back working?
  6. bothlyn

bothlyn Member

Tablet:
    mk809 google tv
    Phone:
    motorola xoom
    I think that Finless 1.7 doesn't have the kernel drivers and configuration for BT. IIRC there is a different version of Finless for another device with BT support. Maybe Google will help.
  7. sd_dracula

sd_dracula Member

TV Stick:
    MK 809 II
    Yes that is correct.
    I have flashed imito MX1-2 and wifi and BT are working. Although I am not sure if performance-wise they are the same.
    So far so good though :)

Thanks.
  8. bruintje

bruintje Member

bothlyn likes this.
  9. bruintje

bruintje Member

It really is a huge improvement over the stock firmware.Absolutely great.
    I encountered no problems at all so far, only improvements.
    Should we perhaps make a new thread for the Finless 1.8 firmware?
  10. Girovend

Girovend Member

11. bruintje

bruintje Member

12. lin

lin Member

Phone:
    Samsung GT 9100
    TV Stick:
    mk809
    Hi, can I use kernel from finless 1.8 on my mk809 device ?
  13. P.Spekman

P.Spekman Member

Hello everbody,

I have been trying de guide but the finless rom tool doesn't recognize mij tv stick.
    I have completed the rooting guide and it worked.
    So i have the drivers installed and adb sees the devices.
    I can't seem to get the finless tool to see the stick.
    Changed the line in adb-driver.ini

Any body here for some help
  14. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Read the Guide at my Signature how to flash... maybe you have not checked Point 3 and 4 for Mass Storage, so the Device would not be recognized...