Firmware sanei N10 vage screen

Discussion in 'Sanei' started by knabuw, Mar 4, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. knabuw

knabuw Member

Tablet:
    N10 quadcore
    Hi,

I have a question. I have a sanei N10 quadcore en updated it to firmware from 30 december 2012. I updated it because a number of apps in the play store were not compatibel. After that update it showed GT-P5110 and de screen was milky white, very vage. The problem with the apps was solved but now I have vage screen.

Does FW 1.64 help here? Does this have anything to do with W1 or W2 screen?

Can anyone help me?

Knabuw

2. jackMD

jackMD Member

Tablet:
    Sanei N10 quad
    Phone:
    Sony Ericsson X10i
    Hi Knabuw,

First of all, find out which screen you have, a W1 (or Samsung) or a W2.
    I'm not sure, but vage screen could be indicating a W2.

Now you probably have a modded rom (GT-P5110), cause the Google Play mod is coming from Samsung (tablet)
    Search a modded rom specially for W2, if it's the case.

Read both threads: http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/fre...apad-f10-offical-firmware-downloads-2862.html.
    and http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/freescale-i-mx6-quad-core/[rom]-i-mx6-stock-rom-mod-3234.html.

note. using custom rom with CWM (Clock Work Mod) is on hold due problems, as some people has issues right now.

3. knabuw

knabuw Member

Tablet:
    N10 quadcore

Thanks JackMD for your fast answer! I'll look into it!

How can I find out whether I have W1 or W2 screen. All I know is that the sanei N10 GC has a IPS screen.

Í'm new to the tablet business, so can you explain what a "modded rom" is?

Knabuw

4. jackMD

jackMD Member

Tablet:
    Sanei N10 quad
    Phone:
    Sony Ericsson X10i
    What you've now is a "modded or custom rom" cause you have a modified Google Play as an example.
    So you "see" more apps at Google Play.(PT5110 is Samsung tablet not Sanei or Ampe etc)

In the original firmware on your tablet, there should be an info about the version with or without a W2 written.
    (see "Options ---> about phone-->fw name) .

btw. you know how to update your tablet, so just try the firmware threads links I gave above.

Good luck.

5. knabuw

knabuw Member

Tablet:
    N10 quadcore
    Hi JackMD,

I tried various Firmware updates en ended with the official Ampe FW 1.64 W2 update. After installing that update on the tablet the problem with my vague, milky white screen was solved. Pffffffff.... The tablet works just fine, is faster and seems to have a better batterylife. And I now know I have a W2 screen.

But since the update the compatibility problems of the playstore are back again. In the threads you referred to earlier I read that there are problems with the mod rom for 1.64 with google play fix. This has something to do with the CWM. Is it safe to try udating CWM en 1.64 W2 signed? is there another solution to this problem with the playstore

Thanks again!

Knabuw

6. jackMD

jackMD Member

Tablet:
    Sanei N10 quad
    Phone:
    Sony Ericsson X10i
    Congratz, a W2 screen after all. :)

As far as I know, problems only occurs CWM and a W1 screen fw.
    So go ahead and fingers crossed.

If Google Play is a must have to you, then try Google and search for 'Chelpus'.

note. use an older version of CWM if problems exists..

Remove Advertisements