Help! MK808C???

Discussion in 'MK80x' started by Paul t, Jan 20, 2014.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Paul t

Paul t Member

Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Phone:
    Moto G 16gb, Cabot C9+, Newman K1a
    TV Stick:
    Mk808, Mk808c (?)
    Decided to pick up a second stick, chose the mk808c, mainly due to AV support. The bl;ack/green plastic box has mk808b printed on it thou in ABIOUT DEVICE: IT Says m,k808c, with the name of manufactureer"sundry"

WHAT IS THIS DEVICE? There's no firmware or info anywhere on it, is it just mk808b with av, and can I flash Mk 808 or 808b roms? Whatever it is, it's unstable, a lot of app not responding messages, reboots, though Rom is cleaner and basically stock android, totally different settings options, etc. Please advise. Thanks , Paul Taraneh

Will attempt to open device, take photos and screen print about page later.. Any help, much apreciated..

Bought on Ebay bttw.

#sent from Cu bot C9+ add 4.3

2. Paul t

Paul t Member

Tablet:
    Phone:
    TV Stick:
    Mk808, Mk808c (?)
    Let me add, the mk808c is supposed to use an All winner A20 chip, but RK3066 is also printed on box

3. CooliCool

CooliCool Local warehouse in Europe, 72 hours delivery! Verified Store Member

Tablet:
    U30GT2
    Phone:
    STAR S9500
    TV Stick:
    MK802
    can you write the specifications here? so we can ask our engineer to make sure if it can be flashed with mk808b rom?

4. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    The only way to find out which ROM you can use is to open the Box and take a look, which SoC it uses and also which WiFi Chipset.
    Rk3066 would be cool, because the Chance to find a good ROM is much better then with A20 !
    You only need to find out the WiFi Chipset if it uses Mediatek, Rockchip or the AP or what esle.

5. Paul t

Paul t Member

Tablet:
    Phone:
    TV Stick:
    Mk808, Mk808c (?)
    Ok spent past 7 days trying to find firmware, found mk808c firmware update .img and actual rom .img on baidu chinese file hosting site. Through translation found firmware is to be flashed usung Pheonix Suite. Opened up unit, its got the A20 chip, AP wifi, but all other stats are same mk 808 b, 8 gb nand flash, 1.6 ghz, image is named sugar-dongel au873 Linux version 3.3.0 pre release, whatever that means. Gcc version 4.6.0 plenty of chinese sites selling it with the prices yet to be listed. Maybe it was a sample item?

I hit simulate second screen under developer options, (i know) and now boot blue screen with green android, then bootloops android logo 2x then nothing.

I found llwinner tablet firmware with exactly same specs, model c90a, was wondering if that can be used. It may just be 50.00 mistake/lesson, but wanna see if i can salvage it. anyone familiar with flashing allwinner devices?

6. Paul t

Paul t Member

Tablet:
    Phone:
    TV Stick:
    Mk808, Mk808c (?)
    i think it was sketcky to be sent in another item's packaging, im going to press for more info than get ebay involved for selling fake merchadise seller for more info, maybe get eby involved for selling fake merchandise.

7. mariosamper

mariosamper Member

TV Stick:
    mk808c
    hello, I have one of these mk808c, branded stayed at startup, android, and I could do nothing, if anyone knows how to reinstate the firmware .... thanks

8. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Ok Guys, as you are 2 People having Problems now, I spend some Time to get this Problem solved.
    I can´t test it by myself, because I did not have such a Device, so the only Thing I can do for you is to assist you and provide you the Firmware.

As I know the A20 Chipset on MK808C can be updated the same way like the MK808B or MK808. You can see my Signature, so for updating you need to get the Device recognized from your PC.
    To do this, follow the Guide http://vondroid.com/resources/get-your-mk808b-into-flash-mode.195/#.UY9G5ILoybE

But you need to use another Tool I don´t know. Normally for Allwinner you can take the "Phoenix Suite" here: http://vondroid.com/resources/phoenixusbpro.143/

You can do it like the Guide says, I think, only use the other Tool for it.

Here´s the Original Firmware Link: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=674797046&uk=4096954299
    I will also download this and upload it to our Server to provide you faster Download Speeds soon.
    Thanks.

9. mariosamper

mariosamper Member

TV Stick:
    mk808c
    ok, thanks

10. Emperor

Emperor Member

Phone:
    Runbo X5 Black Limited Edition
    TV Stick:
    MK808C
    Since we have a pretty "fresh" MK808C topic and i dont want spam i post here.

i have a really huge problem with the AV output. The Screen is complete washed,tilted and disstorted. I can barley read anything and changing the settings dont see to change much. Sometimes changing between to "working" settings even crash the video output(blackscreen with a white line flickering)

any idea?
    HDMI works flawless, but i dont see the point to buy a new TV
    IMG_20140223_093235 (Large).jpg
    i hope you can see what i mean

11. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    As you say, HDMI works, maybe it's on your old tv. I never tested a Android device on such a old tv. Sorry.

Gesendet von meinem JY-G4 mit Tapatalk

12. Emperor

Emperor Member

Phone:
    Runbo X5 Black Limited Edition
    TV Stick:
    MK808C
    o_Oold? i tried 4 diffrent TV´s and only with HDMI i got a good picture. and a gaming consoles work on my TV too.....so its maybe not the tv´s fault.

AV output is also important for me since i use it together with my car screen

btw thanks alot for the Firmware :D

13. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
  14. mariosamper

mariosamper Member

TV Stick:
    mk808c
    achieve restarting, putting the firmware that put mrkus21 phoenix suite.
    thanks

mrkus21 likes this.
Remove Advertisements