Help Required! MK809III from ebay - a warning!

Discussion in 'MK809' started by Rancid, Nov 17, 2015.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Rancid

Rancid Member

Hi

Sorry that my first post is a cry for help, but hopefully this will help other users in the same position.

So, I bought this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3217089274...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT - which worked fine at 720p output.

But of course, I'd like it to output 1080p so I attempted to install a new image.

Unfortunately, every time I try to 'Restore' using Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7 I get 'Check Chip Fail' and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Here's what info I have from the device (see image)

Then, I decided to open up the device, to see if I could detect any further information, and to my suprise, the chip is actually a RK3128, and not a RK3188 as advertised. (I've been in contact with the seller and they are going to send me a new device, so that's good news)

But the question is, can the current device with a RK3128 chip be rescued with a new firmware?

I don't have any experience with creating firmware, so I don't know how complex it would be to take a ROM for a 3188 and make it work with a 3128... Can anyone help with this?

Thanks
    rancid chip.jpg info.jpg

2. Boggyboy

Boggyboy Member

TV Stick:
    MK809III
    I have the same stick....unfortunatly I have bricked it to the point of no led light.....been looking for a way to unbrick but seems to be no support for this stick....oh well in the box with all the other broken bits.....

Remove Advertisements