Help with flashing please.

Discussion in 'MK809 II' started by marvi0, Mar 30, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. marvi0

marvi0 Member

New member, here please be gentle. I have followed the guide to install finless 1.7, but running into difficulty. Am using windows 7 64bit and can only go as far as found RKAndroid mass storage usb. if I press reboot to flash mode, Iget "device can nnot do flash mode because of no drive", and I can't get any further please help.

2. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Like Finless sayd...
    try it this way he described:
    I also use this "hard Way" to flash all my Devices because this is much more easy then to boot it an set it up to connect...

3. marvi0

marvi0 Member

uote="mrkus21, post: 28783, member: 2321"]Like Finless sayd...
    try it this way he described:

I also use this "hard Way" to flash all my Devices because this is much more easy then to boot it an set it up to connect...[/quote]
    Thanks for your reply, can you please be more specific I have been following the guide and been trying for hours, but can't get it to work.

4. marvi0

marvi0 Member

5. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Yes this is the Guide for flashing it with a Official Image but not with Finless.

Anyway, to get it recognized by your PC, you don´t have to click "connect to your PC".
    I have no MK809 top test, but on the MK808B it´s really easy, to get it recognized by your PC. Theres a little Hole on the Case where is a Reset Button inside, of you have One and I think the MK809 has, you can push it with a Paper Clip, hold it and until holding it, connect your OTG Port to your PC... It should then get recognized and you can pull out the PaperClip, then install the Driver to your Windows and after this the Flash Tool from Finless should recognize it.

But Notice: On Finless every Time first Erase Nand before doing a new Flash !

6. marvi0

marvi0 Member

Thanks for your reply, my problem is I think windows does recognise my device because the bottom of the flash tool says " found RKAndroid mass storage usb". However when I then hit reboot to flash mode, I then get device cannot do flash mode because of no drive". So arcoding to your advice if I press the reset button, I should then be able to get into flash mode?. Sorry for being such a noob, and thanks for your advise.

7. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    If it says Found RKAndroid mass Storage you can click update ! You are in Flash Mode if the Light is Green!

8. marvi0

marvi0 Member

But the flash tool doesn't have a green button?. If I hit flash, I keep getting an error.

9. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Are you using Finless ? or RKBatch Tool ?

If you´re on Finless, it has no green Light, correct. but...
    if it says Found RKAndroid mass.... then you should be in Flash Mode. Have you tried "ERASE IDB" Before flashing !!!

10. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
  11. marvi0

marvi0 Member

uote="mrkus21, post: 28810, member: 2321"]Are you using Finless ? or RKBatch Tool ?

If you´re on Finless, it has no green Light, correct. but...
    if it says Found RKAndroid mass.... then you should be in Flash Mode. Have you tried "ERASE IDB" Before flashing !!![/quote]
    Thanks, no haven't tried "ERASE IDB" Before flashing, is this the solution?, am just scared of screwing this up, but am determined anyway to get finless on this.

12. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    You have to be patient ! You can do it...

It´s important, every Time you want to flash a Finless, Erase Nand before Flashing, because some Finless Roms have other Partitions and then you can not flash it. I have no MK809 but normally it should work the same as MK808B.

If it says "Found RKAndroid..." and you disconnect the USB, what shows up then ?!

13. marvi0

marvi0 Member

ote="mrkus21, post: 28817, member: 2321"]You have to be patient ! You can do it...

It´s important, every Time you want to flash a Finless, Erase Nand before Flashing, because some Finless Roms have other Partitions and then you can not flash it. I have no MK809 but normally it should work the same as MK808B.

If it says "Found RKAndroid..." and you disconnect the USB, what shows up then ?![/quote]
    Thanks will try that and get back, after church many thanks.

14. marvi0

marvi0 Member

When I plug in usb I get "found RKandroid mass storage usb. And when I press flash rom Iget mmac device can't do upgrade. If as you suggested I press erase nand, Iget msc ccan't do erase nand.
    When I pull out the usb I get "no found RKandroid rock usb. So have basically tried everything, anymore suggestions, I know you are busy at the downloads though.

15. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Did you install the correct rockchip drivers depending on your system? Look into the room kitchen on rockchip top get them...

Gesendet von meinem JY-G3 mit Tapatalk 2

16. marvi0

marvi0 Member

When I try and install the drivers for my device it says "the best driver software for yourddevice is already installed".

17. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    You need to uninstall it and reinstall the correct one. This is a Windows problem

18. marvi0

marvi0 Member

I have resigned to the fact that, on windows 7,these drivers cannot be installed cause been trying now since yesterday. No matter how many times I install and un install it's the same result. Has anyone managed this at all on windows 7,64bit?

19. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I did it on xp 32bit and on 7 32bit. Maybe you have a old pc to try it

20. marvi0

marvi0 Member

Hello am back again, I finally managed to install Cwm recovery and am rooted now. Is there anyway I can install a custom rom now please.

Remove Advertisements