How to Upgrade Chuwi VX2 Firmware or install Custom Rom

Discussion in 'Chuwi Unlisted' started by Wendi, Jun 17, 2014.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Wendi

Wendi Member

Tablet:
    Chuwi VX2
    Phone:
    971-282-1349, Chuwi VX2
    Hi. I'm looking to either re-flash stock rom or upgrade to a custom rom on my Chuwi VX2. I need a bit of instruction on how to do this as I'm new to android; this is my first smartphone/tablet.

The reason for this, other than the obvious fun of it, is there are a few problems with the current rom. The thing doesn't recognize the SD card, it reads it, but write to it only occasionally, and I can't get apps to install there. Also it flips out on occasion and phantom buttons are pressed at random unless I'm actively using it. That problem could be the charger, it usually only happens after a charge, but as I'm new to android I can't be sure.

Any instruction would help. Thnx.

Serial: 123456789SABCDEF
    Kernal: 3.4.5
    Android version: 4.2.2

2. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    First welcome to the Forums, Wendi !

I´m personally not familiar this time with MTK83 SoC flashing, but as more Devices come up I try to learn about Mediatek 83 Series.
    Anyway, let me tell you some Things about Chinese Tablets and Stuff...
    First Note: Firmware on these Devices is not always the best, but Custom Roms also aren´t the Solution every Time.

Just go to Device Info, and post the Build Number and FW Versions and stuff...
    Maybe I can provide you the Original FW from Chuwi. Last one was 2014-03-31.
    Just tell me what Version you have ?!

Your Problems...

SD Problem ? Did you try other SD Cards or did you format the CARD to make sure its really a Problem of the Tablet ?!
    Normally you have about 970MB to install APPS, you can´t install APPS to the SD itself. SD is only used, if you have much Apps installed to move the Data of some APPS to SD.
    Just try to erase your SD and format it on your PC and try that again.

If you want you can do a Factory Reset, this helps on some Problems sometimes... just try it, but keep in mind that your Data are lost !
    Goto Settings... Reset and Restore... and just do it. This takes a while, don´t worry about the little green Android and give it time to bootup.

The 83 Mediatek Devices Series are very new, so I personally do not know a Custom ROM this Time for it.

Hope I can help a bit with that.
    Cheers, mrkus21

3. Wendi

Wendi Member

Tablet:
    Chuwi VX2
    Phone:
    971-282-1349, Chuwi VX2
    Ive tried everything to get the sd card to write propery consistantly, and install apps on it. Its been formatted multiple times. The phone's been reset to factory settings multiple times. Its been rooted. I've gone so far as to change adb to install from the external sd card, but as it seems to thing the internal sd card's partitions make it both internal and external that does nothing. Even the platform.xml file is correct. The thing writes when sd card errors are fixed via computer but then that disappears the next day.

Specs are on the screenshot i uploaded. Thnx for responding.

Attached Files:

4. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I have no Idea, the only Thing I can do for you, Wendy, is to offer you thie Firmware for your Device.
    I´m sorry for that, but the Device is really rare...

Attached Files:

• VX2.rar
      File size:
      331.4 MB
      Views:
  5. Wendi

Wendi Member

Tablet:
    Chuwi VX2
    Phone:
    971-282-1349, Chuwi VX2
    That is the best help I've got since I bought the silly thing. Thank you. If any other options come to mind let me know.

6. Wendi

Wendi Member

Tablet:
    Chuwi VX2
    Phone:
    971-282-1349, Chuwi VX2
    PS: Just a possibility. A friend of mine suggested the sandisk sd card wasn't capable of being acknowledged by the phone as it's not a universal brand and the phone is chinese. It does, however, recognize and write/ read from a kingston usb memory stick without problem.

7. mociu

mociu Member

Tablet:
    vx2
    Hi, I installed the software. VX2 now is dark and unresponsive. Do not communicate with the computer.

8. mociu

mociu Member

Tablet:
    vx2
    There is a some way?

Remove Advertisements