iMito MX1 - Disassembley and short Test

Discussion in 'MX1' started by mrkus21, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mrkus21

mrkus21 Staff Member Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    ATAB

For now, I contacted hiapad to sell me a Hi-802 the first Version with a Freescale I.MX6Q Quad Core 4x1.2GHz.
    Maybe I sell the imito again, maybe not... I wait for their Answer, how much the Quad is.

:D
  2. ATAB

ATAB Staff Member Global Moderator

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2

As far as I know - that stick has still to be seen in the retail channel..

But please do not give up on the MX1 so easily... ;-)!

Could you test the bluethooth function at all!? ;-)
  3. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I don´t give up.... lol

Yesterday I connected my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard from my iMac to the iMito, runs great. My Magic Mouse wouldnt connect to the iMito, maybe theres a Pairing Problem.
    The iMiti now waits for my 22 inch TFT, which should arrive next Week, I hope ! Then I can do more testing.
    My 2,4GHz Mouse is running great and also my Android Keyboard from ahappydeal. This one: http://www.ahappydeal.com/product-97238.html
    Runs good.

I tested some USB Sticks with no Problems. Live Wallpaper running also really smooth on the Device, like everything.
    At the Moment I can not test more Bluetooth Functions cause my Galaxy S3 has a hard Brick and is on Repair.
    My JiaYu G3 China Handy is not on Stock so it did also take some Time to arrive. I goit no more bluetooth Devices, only a little Keyboard, yeah....
    This one I´ll test these Days if I got the TFT.

I have an Idea... I think, for some People a Android Stick could be a Cheap PC Alternative.
    I mean not People who work every Day with, not People which need more Office Stuff or Something.
    I have this Idea since I see my Mum, she has a PC, that only runs 1 times in a Month... She needs no Printer, not much Space to save Documents...
    No Webcam nothing. She only needs a simple PC which she can only check E-Mails, Surfin the Internet, play some Music, nothing more...

The Power of the iMito really is enough for this. So she needs a TFT, a imito, a USB Hub, an external Harddrive or 32GB USB Stick, thats enough for her.

This Idea id like to test in real Life. Now I wait for the TFT to arrive, Keyboard and Mouse also could be USB, better Connection.
    So I think maybe I don´t sell the imito, its a really good Device without a Custom Rom... Could be I flash it, but not yet.
    Need first to test everything or my Idea.

Also see my Signature for Testing Updates...
    Diegommm likes this.
  4. filip

filip Member

hi there guys,

I am not so satisfied with device. I ordered one from mcbub and it came very fast to Croatia but....
    I have this problem with lockups. My MX1 freezes on every 15-20 min. base.I alredy done everything people adviced me....got new 5v/2A power suply, flashed newest firmware, rooted....nothing. it keeps freezing and that makes that device unusable. Maybe I should somehow unroot and get original first firmware cause I dont remember that I had lockups then. I flashed because of wi fi/mac address issue...

any ideas?

greetings
  5. KRWiFi

KRWiFi Member

Tablet:
    WM8650, U8650, IMITO MX1
    Hi.
    My IMITO MXI arived in 7 days to Croatia. I have ordered him from geekbying.
    Out of the box, pluged to the USB port of my Pany g20, Antutu showed around 8500, but after a few hours of stressing, poerformace was below 8000!
    My router is a half meter from TV so WiFi is OK without droping from network. Decoding 1080p MKV movies works great without stoping.

I did not test Ubuntu yet, but what I saw, it was ported for RK3066 and further improvements are assured...CLICK
    I'll get back with my mod!

WBR., Gordan
  6. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    This also happened to me 3 times, but as I disassembled it and pu all together, everythings fine now.
    Maybe the Wifi Cable connects to something inside. You should look inside.

Now I take the 32 inch TV of my Bedroom which I did not use as much to get my iMito here in my Computer Room, till my 22 inch TFT arrives.
    So now I´ll do some tests about the bad Wifi Signal and some Bluetooth Stuff.
  7. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    So now I am online with a disassembled iMito, got a 40cm Cable fitted on the Wifi Metal Plate, Signal is now 75%, about 5 meters from my Router could be better. The Connection Speed to the Internet is now normal at 13400KBit without the Case, before I got only 2600 !

Also I take a 40mm Fan with my Laboratory Power Supply to get RK3066 frozen, lol.
    Maybe we should build our own Cases to get more Power from the Device. Better Wifi, better Cooling and more Connections. I thought about to build a Case with a 7 Post USB Hub inside, and if my Ethernet Adapter is here, also with it in the Box.

The Idea from KRWIFI to put it in a Box, seems great.
    Everyone could do his own special Device. My 40mm Fan is running only at 5V so that we can put it into the Box and connect it to the USB Power. No need for some Aluminium Coolers on top of the RK3066, its cold ! Everything is cold !

For better Wifi Signal I ordered an external Antenna, but its also possible to take a Antenna from an old Wifi PCI Card and put the Connector inside, so I can take the Antenna off.

Much Ideas... but from mz Dreams back to Bluetooth Test...
  8. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    So lets test Something...
    My mini BT keyboard is also working great.

Now I take Pictures for you to see my testing...
    Heres the Gallery: http://vondroid.com/useralbums/imito-mx1-disassembley-and-short-test.10/view

But I also have now this little freezing Bug... The iMito is disassembled and cooled, so this might be no heating Problem that 4.1.1 freezes after 2 Hours !
    Mine also, like filips...
    Also McBub Shit ! Damn it !
  9. ATAB

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    Cool pix - ;)

Too bad that there are freezes...firmware issue?
    Does it happen at random? Or always after about 2 hrs!?
    Did you check the mem?
  10. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    To Wifi Problem I found a Solution to fix it within 2 minutes.
    Take the Case of the iMito, the Wifi Cable is near the HDMI, take it from here to the other Side where its mounted to the Board. Then take the Cable with the Metal Plate and before you now close your Case get the Cable out of the Case on the Edge of the USB Host, no Problem with that. So after it you got maybe 4cm Wifi Cable outside and also the little Plate. Put the Case on and there it is, 60% Wifi Signal and 135Mbps Link Speed ! This is ok for me, with that little Cable outside I have nothing to create.

The Freezes, I don´t know why they are... Now its running about 2 hrs without freezes. Yesterday got 3 freezes after 15 minutes. But we´ll see. Tomorrow I got to work till 12 and 22 O´Clock so maybe I have some Time in the Morning to do more testing. I got now running Nova Launcher very fast and smooth, so the Interface really is great. But out of the Box the Wifi Signal is unusable. The MX2 would be the best Choice I think for now.

Want to habe a Hi-802 !!! And a BC1301 Android A10 Netbook. But now Waiting for the WM8850 Tablet for a Friend to arrive.
    I try to be a Member on ARMDevices.net, where you can buy great Stuff directly in China Factories, but for the 20 USD Membership you need a CreditCard to pay with PayPal, I have not !
    BC1301 is a great 13 inch Netbook with A10 CPU and its only about 89 USD ! Maybe next Order could be a Netbook or something.

Tell me how you would test the MEM ? With an App that writes and reads ? Is there something ?
  11. filip

filip Member

Hi there,

I found one more bluetooth related bug on my Mx1. Somehow it is not possible to send and receive files over bluetooth to paired devices. And ,mrkus21, I found out that devices ordered from mcbub all have red pcb and geekbuying have blue pcbs. After disassambling I found my anntena in diferent position then yours. Mine wire was bended and layed on usb/power side not on hdmi side like yours.

Attached Files:

12. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I tested Bluetooth only for connecting my Apple Keyboard, a mini Keyboard and my Apple Mouse, my Mouse didn´t work. Keyboards no Problems.
    For sending Data I choose WiFi and the AirDroid App from Play Store, didn´t test Bluetooth for Data cause have no other Device yet.

But you´re right. McBub has bad Devices also the Freezing Problem is only on Red pcbs, yet.
    The Antenna on yours could be right cause near the USB theres more Plastic then near the HDMI, so your Signal could be better. But I would try this with mine.

Otherwise this is also my last Order from McBub, because I payed 13,70€ extra for DHL Express and waited 17 working Days... Damn Shop !

I don´t know why it freezes, that makes me angry cause the Wifi Signal is not a Problem if I get my Ethernet Adapter then I need no Wifi.
    But freezing is a Problem, and I can´t do nothing. Its no Overheating Problem, sometimes it runs 2 hrs, sometimes only 10 min. then freezes.
    So like you said, you have Custom Rom, and also freezes, it could only be a RAM Chip Problem with those G.E.I.L Chips... I think. Like on PCs which get bluescreens by bad RAM.
    I have Original Rom installed yet.

Maybe anyone would upload a Rom from a blue pcb and then you flash it to the red one. If all Hardware is the same, and it fixes the Problem, we have a Reason.
    We should check the Kernel Versions and so on, to compare both Devices.
    If you and Rnd would do this, it would be great, I have no Monitor at the Moment to do something.
    I think the blue one doesn´t freeze, isnt it ?

So if you have the Time, please both upload your Specs from the Device Info to compare each other...

So Rnd and filip please upload your Devices Info to compare....
  13. filip

filip Member

Hi there

I suppose that blue dosen't freeze. We must find it out-is there a user that have blue pcb inside of MX1 and having lockup issue??

1 assume that lockups have something to do with wi fi anntena cause some users reported freezing issue with turning on/off wifi, browsing etc...
    Did you notice that anntena is atached to another spot on blue pcb. Maybe that is reason, I dont know..

I am novice to android so I cant do nothing about kernel and stuff but maybe someone can.

Greetings
  14. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Rnd

Rnd has a blue pcb. I can test the Wifi Problem since my Ethernet Adapter arrives.
    The Wifi Card at the Blue pcb is the same, maybe the blue pcb is a bit different to the red one so they have to assemble it in another Way.
    I have no time today to test, but maybe you could turn off your Wifi and let the Device running stand alone and see if it freezes again.
    If its a Wifi Problem it isn´t important to me, cause a mini PC youre always running on a TV or a TFT. And then you can also put a Ethernet Cable on if it works.
    Let me test this if I got my Adapter from ahappydeal.

I´m also no Kernel Guy if everyone thought. Only Tuen does some Rom´s here.
    Only test som FW Stuff and some Devices If I have time. I´m only a little freak on new Android Devices like Tablets, Phones, and so... It´s like a hobby to me. Kind of leisure Employment.

Nice Day... :cool:
  15. filip

filip Member

I agree with you that Mcbub sucks!

After I rearanged anntena cable as in your device(next to hdmi) I tested mx1 today. For the firs time it worked for 3,5 hours without freezing but I was offline. As soon as I turned wi fi on and go online after 1 min. device freezes. It has to do something with anntena/wifi/.....
  16. ATAB

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    So there are already two versions out there? Blue vs. red PCBs...!?

BTW there has been a Ubuntu Pre Alpha Update that now also supports MX1..supposingly...
  17. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Now my 22 inch ASUS TFT arrived, imito runs on 1920x1080p with 60Hz.
    I try to check that freezing Problem again... maybe its a Wifi Problem, but my Antenna was outside now.
  18. filip

filip Member

Hi there,

Is this what your TFT show or is this on MX1 cause mine shows 1280x720p max. output?
    One more thing I can't get mine HDD recodnised by MX1 niether any of my usb stick works. Do I need special setings and how??
  19. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    On my TfT Iit shows 1080p if I change the HDMI Resolution on MX1 to 1280x720p my TFT shows 720p... so this would be ok. The Screen itself didn´t look different to me at 720p or 1080p but my ASUS says
    1080p at the 1920x1080 60hz Setting.
    But Antutu shows a Resolution of 1280x 627 ?! Don´t really know, which Resolution this is.
    Now I mailed McBub that Wifi Problem, and if they do a Part Refund for me, or a Replacement, this is really Shit !

But you´re right, mine also didn´t freeze with Wifi turned off, so this could be a Wifi Board Problem.
  20. filip

filip Member

Well I've also mailed to mcbub service two day a go and no answer till now. Totaly unprofesional..I think we can forget that we got any help there.
    Anyway, MX1 isn't switched to 1080p yet only scaled 720p. But maybe community will make it if they got source code.
    How do I switch usb for usb hdd and usb stick recognition. On my iconia tab ICS and other tv box also ICS everithing is recognised only on MX 1 -NOT!