installed wrong firmware!!!!

Discussion in 'MK809 II' started by mektek, Feb 14, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. mektek

mektek Member

Tablet:
    mk809 ii
    hi I am hoping someone can help me. as the title says I have installed the wrong firmware on my icube mk809 ii with Bluetooth. I have installed the latest firmware for the non Bluetooth version and although the device is booting up and working it has disabled the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Can anyone tell me how to go about reinstalling the original firmware I.e. what software/ programs are required and where to get them. cheers

2. axeman3d

axeman3d Member

Tablet:
    iPad
    Phone:
    MK809ii
    1. Go to http://www.mk809.com/CS102II/en/index.html and download both the firmware and the firmware tools.

2. On this forum, go to http://vondroid.com/threads/rockchip-usb-driver-for-windows-2000-xp-vista-7-8.6151/ and download the USB drivers.

3. Connect your MK809ii to your PC. To do this you need to press the tiny reset button on the side of the unit at the same time as you insert the USB lead into your PC. The reset button is hidden behind a tiny hole in the side that can be pressed by fishing about with a thin wire or pin, or some people just prise the case apart to make it a lot easier to press. It is important to get the proper USB port or it will not be detected, not all ports are the same. Avoid front ports and try the rear ports on your PC first.

4. If you got number 3 right you will hear a sound as Windows detects the stick, and then it will pop up and tell you it cannot find a USB driver to suit. Browse to the USB drivers you downloaded in number 2 and point it to the one that suits your version of Windows.

5. If 4 goes ok you now need to open the firmware update tool you downloaded in part 1. It will probably open in Chinese language mode. To turn it back into English go to the bottom left hand button and click it. It will open up with 2 options, one of which is ticked. This is the language selection button and selecting the other option should give you the English version.

6. Press the IMG selection button (...) and point it to the 210Mb image file you downloaded in section 1. It will confirm the selection in the window below.

7. Press the 'UPGRADE' button and hope for the best. It should start going through the device and reflash with the new firmware in a minute or two. You're done.

mrkus21 likes this.
  3. mektek

mektek Member

Tablet:
    mk809 ii

Thanks, I have eventually managed to reflash my device. I didn't need to activate the restore button for Windows to detect the device and all went well. Thanks a lot for your help.

Remove Advertisements