Linx Devices

Discussion in 'Linx' started by Piers, Dec 1, 2015.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Piers

Piers Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See signature
    Phone:
    See signature
    TV Stick:
    See signature
    I've created this part of the forum for Linx devices, a UK manufacturer of Windows tablets. I personally own the Linx 1010B - Windows 10 build 1511.

I've also uploaded driver packages for the Linx 7, Linx 8, Linx 10, and Linx 1010/1010B.

If you have any questions, leave a reply or create a new thread!

Piers

2. LarsNemeth

LarsNemeth Member

Tablet:
    linx7
    Do you have any idea how to updat the linx7 to windows 10 version 1511? not enough memory awailable. Is it possible to download the update to a USB-stick and make a clean installation and how should that be done? no keybords with a F12 to alter the read directory to USB-stick.

3. Piers

Piers Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See signature
    Phone:
    See signature
    TV Stick:
    See signature
    It is possible. You need to buy a cheap USB hub and plug an external basic USB keyboard in.

OR you can try the following:
    1) Download 1511 (official link with download tool)
    2) Follow the instructions in the above tool to create a bootable USB drive
    3) Choose Advanced Options when rebooting (Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Advanced Startup
    4) Plugin cheap USB keyboard - this should allow you to select boot media
    5) Use the advanced boot option in step 4 - there are options there for command prompt and more.

If the above have worked, you should now be able to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 1511 - this worked on the Linx 1010, so should work on the Linx 7.

Please note: I take zero responsibility for any issues that may occur, or any damage caused to your device.

Remove Advertisements