Missing Features on CUBE U51GT Tablet

Discussion in 'Cube Unlisted' started by Zentraleinheit, Aug 5, 2014.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Zentraleinheit

Zentraleinheit Member

Tablet:
    Sanei N78
    I just purchased a Cube U51GT Talk7X tablet with Android 4.2.2 to replace my dead after 1 year Sanei tablet running Android 4.1.1.

The Cube is, so far, much better then the Sanei. However, there (at lease) seems to be 2 features of the older Android that I miss (or can't find!)

1: Under 4.1.1 the camera had a panoramic mode. But, I can't find the same feature on the 4.2.2 version. Watching a video on You Tube that points out the difference between the 2 It shows the camera having such a feature (along with Photo Sphere) . Plus, I notice that the camera app in the YouTube video doesn't look anything like the camera on my tablet. There is no "circle" display. And the camera in the YouTube video has 1 big record button and you have to choose if you want a video or a still before touching it. The camera on the CUBE has both a icon for stills and a icon for videos. Also you can't get to the camera by swiping right to left from the lock page as it was shown in the You Tube Video.

(plus the YouTube video states that staring with Android 4.2 Google Chrome is the default browser. Yet on my CUBE the browser is the same one as in version 4.1, and I also don't have Gesture Typing )

2: On the Sanei I was able to play MPEG 1 and MPEG-2 (among other) video files. But, on the Cube all I can seem to play is MP4 videos using the built in video player. I have tried using the MoboPlayer app that I had on the Sanei, however, all it plays is the audio that type of files. Is this the fault of the OS, or do I have to download a special or newer version app?

So, what is going on? Do I have the full Android 4.2.2 version on my tablet? Is 4.2.2 a downgrade from 4.2? Or has the CUBE installed a custom version of Android 4.2.2?

2. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Maybe I can help you find a Firmware, but tell me what is exactly your Model ??

U51GT-C4
    U51GT-W
    U51GT-S

???? There are different Versions on the Market. So please try to find out, which one you have...

3. Zentraleinheit

Zentraleinheit Member

Tablet:
    Sanei N78
    Dank for the reply.

If I have Android 4.2.2 on the tablet, and all the features that seems to be missing were supposed to be included with Android 4.2, what would updating the firmware exactly do? Is there a real difference between version 4.2 /4.2.2 / and whatever is the latest version?

BTW I have the U52GT_C4 version

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  4. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I hope you will understand that we can not know that for every Tablet on the market, so it is possible to provide firmware but not, to know everything about it. Sorry. If you want to know that, you can try to contact the factory for more information. Thx

Gesendet von meinem Oneplus One mit Tapatalk Pro

5. Zentraleinheit

Zentraleinheit Member

Tablet:
    Sanei N78
    I have tried contacting CUBE directly, but, they never replied. :(

Something that seems to be common among the other Chinese Tablet makers I tried to contacted

6. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I personally do no updates of my device runs good and proper. Why would you like to update it if it runs like you need it...? Never touch a running system ;-)

Gesendet von meinem Oneplus One mit Tapatalk Pro

Remove Advertisements