MK808 WIFI Problem

Discussion in 'MK808' started by Hackyoung, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Hackyoung

Hackyoung Member

Tablet:
    MK808
    I bought a MK808 from ebay.de. (http://www.ebay.de/itm/200866412620?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_4207wt_958)

At first, it worked well. But one day I couldn't reboot, so I had restored with new Firmware. (Final one is the latest official version from this site. - new update_mk808_301 which is released January 10, 2013)

But still I can't connect to WIFI. (WIFI scan menu is disabled and Mac Address is not displayed)
    I opened the case and found that mine has one big Antenna with grounded line and 2 small pin in other side.
    It is not supported Bluetooth, but the shape is just same as these images. (Except only Bluetooth sticker)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've tried to ask to seller to solve this problem and they send me two firmware version (one is MK808 and the other is for KM808B) But with MK808 (update_mk808_box_300j1.img), it was not worked and MK808B I even I can't install it with error. (update_mk808b_400j1401.img)

Does anyone help me.

Thank you.
  2. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Did you really have the RK WiFi Chipset ??

Look at the First Picture, theres a Metal Plate in the middle of the PCB, this is the WiFi Chipset... Which RK did you have 901 ? 902 ? 903 ??

If you have One of them, this should be the correct Firmware: http://vondroid.com/threads/mk808-official-firmware-10th-jan-2013.4849/
    Otherwise, can you turn your WiFi on or not ?
  3. Hackyoung

Hackyoung Member

Tablet:
    MK808
    Yes, mine is RK903.
    And as I stated in my previous comment, I had installed the firmware but couldn't activate wifi.
    Whenever I tried to turn on wifi but it turns off after 10 seconds.
  4. Hackyoung

Hackyoung Member

Tablet:
    MK808
    It was MK808B.
    I installed the latest MK808B firmware and it works now.

Thank you.
  5. miruki.san

miruki.san Member

hihihi
  6. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Great to hear. Normally if something didn´t work try to reflash again and if this don´t work you should have the false ROM.
    But if it works, everythings fine.
  7. SSKY

SSKY Member

Hi all,
    I have exactly the same stick as shown in the picture above but without the blue tooth. Everything works except that the wifi reception is poor. When I opened the stick the wifi antenna's contacts are hidden under the heat sink sticker. The pcb also looks different from all the other pictures that people have posted so far. My question is have the company fixed the wifi issues with the new redesigned pcb or do I still have to remove the gnd. from the antenna?

Thank you.
  8. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Think they did nothing, because more rk3188 quad devices are coming up now. Look at our news to get more information. I post news of tv sticks every time I can...

Gesendet von meinem JY-G3 mit Tapatalk 2
  9. SSKY

SSKY Member

Well then does someone has a better diagram or instructions as to which one of the contacts is ground. There are no markings on the board.

Thank you.