Pinned MK808B - Different Versions on the Market !!! Original and Fake Versions with different ROMs !!!

Discussion in 'MK808B' started by mrkus21, Jan 14, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    If you have the Original MK808B you can take a look at our Resources Section for MK808B. I personally use lewy ROM that i´ve uploaded there.
    But you can also try others. I also think CWM is not really needed, you can flash them easily by using RKBatchTool. Look at my Signature how to do it.

2. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
  3. ramzidjoudi

ramzidjoudi Member

TV Stick:
    mk808b
    thank you

4. rkarp

rkarp Member

Hi everyone!
    Here's a MK808B received with Aliexpress. Help identify this clone and advise firmware and method of obtaining root.

Attached Files:

Ed Glazer and ATAB like this.
  5. Billy Fields

Billy Fields Member

Tablet:
    Acer Iconia
    Phone:
    Samsung S5
    TV Stick:
    MK808 / Z2C A2
    I need some help identifying my MK808B device. I've been looking and haven't been able to find anything that looks the same so far to me. the PCB is printed with Netxeon MK808B_V3.0_2013_09_12 , with a single Mediatek WiFi chip... see pictures for details. any help is really appreciated.

Attached Files:

6. Ed Glazer

Ed Glazer Member

TV Stick:
    mk808b
    I think I have the same model that rkarp does, though I purchased mine through Amazon. Unfortunately this is my 1st android stick and I tried flashing finless Rom 2.1 for the original MK808b without first backing up my system, which resulted in black screens only. I've been looking for Roms to make it function ever since.

Most have led to black screen, but the official Sunvell clone #2 Rom on Vondroid led to the 2 penguins. Thats the only response I received from any Rom. I pulled the heatsink off and the board has written "HTC-T011-V3" and directly below that "2013-12-16" so its clearly newer. Its been frustrating and I'd love to unbrick this and actually use it more than 1 time. Otherwise I guess it will be a good lesson in what not to do!

Thanks for any help!

7. rocket#man

rocket#man Member

Tablet:
    jxd s18
    Phone:
    nook
    TV Stick:
    mk 809
    Take it apart and Look at the WiFi chip set to see if it says 'RK901', 'Rk903' ,or media tech. Rk901 is a plain mk808 (no B). RK903 is original mk808b. Media tech is a clone. Use the appropriate ROM. Many ROMs out there.

8. Ed Glazer

Ed Glazer Member

TV Stick:
    mk808b
    Ah, I thought I included that, sorry! Yes, it has the mediatek MT5931SA and 6622 (I think - its hard to read on mine, they look a little smudged up). It also has only 1 wire antenna as far as I can see. The edge of the board that sits under the mini usb power and USB expansion port says TEAN E120339 94V-OML1. Its the same PCB that @rkarp showed in his photos above. Very different layout than the MK808b originals and clones I've seen in other photo threads. I tried the vondroid clone #1 and #2 ROMs, but they board looks to be different than both of those. Thanks again for any help!

homeTinker likes this.
  9. Pramod Jain

Pramod Jain Member

Phone:
    micromax HD a116
    TV Stick:
    MK808B
    [​IMG]

This is my device. Tried to do factory reset. Hen it won't boot up again.

Pls help. How to install recovery and ROM. Which one., for my device.

10. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Please open your device and show us both sides of the PCB. Also which Wifi Chipset you got... really important to identify.

11. morph1976

morph1976 Member

Tablet:
    ipad
    hi is anyone able to identify both of these mk808bs that i have bought. i bricked them both when stupidly installing cwm on them and this lead to 2 penguins. i cannot seem to find the correct rom for them as i keep getting either no signal or penguins. also 194753 image is currently in maskrom mode and i keep getting ibd fail when i try to flash a rom. i have tried different cables different computers but to no avail, im starting to struggle

Attached Files:

12. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    If it´s dead, you have nothing to lose, so you can try those two ROMs if one of them works for you...

http://vondroid.com/resources/zero-devices-z2c-a2-firmware.425/#.U-xjBkiIF6g

http://vondroid.com/resources/zero-devices-z2c-b2-firmware.424/#.U-xjCUiIF6g

They also use Mediatek Chipset.

PLEASE NOTE: ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL FIRMWARE BEFORE YOU FLASH A CUSTOM ROM !

13. SeppRX

SeppRX Member

Tablet:
    Nexus7
    TV Stick:
    Mk808b
    Hi. Can anybody help to identify the Mk808b I just bought via Aliexpress? It came with an android 4.4.2 ROM. There has been no heatsink mounted.

CPU: Rockchip RK3066 ANGW734-1326
    Connectivity: Mediatek MT5931SA & MT6622N
    NAND Flash: H27UCG8T2ETR
    Board Marking: TEAN E120339 94V-OML1

IMG_20140821_194021+.jpg IMG_20140821_193940+.jpg IMG_20140825_170854+.jpg

Any information which custom roms might work is highly appreciated!

claudio cortes likes this.
  14. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Guys, please... we discussed this a 1000 times !

PLEASE NOTE: If you bought a Device, not Original like this one above, please keep the Original ROM !
    It has other WiFi Chipset and like you see no heatsink, it runs on different CPU Freq. like maybe 1.0Ghz only... So it is also possible that it comes with a other Kernel !
    98% of Custom ROMs you flash to such Devices will fail ! So please keep the Original ROM ir do a Backup before trying anything else !

15. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Anyway, I personally tested a ton of ROMs on the Original MK808B and the only ROM which may be a bit better as the Original was lewy2004 HFW !
    All other Custom ROMs like Finless have too much Bugs I think !

Keep your Device running Original if it works for you !!!

16. weller73

weller73 Member

TV Stick:
    rk808b
    Hi! I have the same device like @SeppRX post #93. I installed the driver but ROM Flash Tool does not recognize it. I wanted to install Linux if it's possible and where to find the appropriate driver for this clone?

17. Joschi

Joschi Developer

TV Stick:
    mk808b / iMito MX1
    I also tested a lot of roms for the mk808b and - for me - there is no better one then the original rom..., like Mrkus21 told ya!

18. Joschi

Joschi Developer

TV Stick:
    mk808b / iMito MX1
    In this case... why do you dont buy yourself a raspberry B+???

19. aegis1314

aegis1314 Member

Hello, did you get it solved yet?

I got the same model from China and I also spent a LOT of time finding a rooted ROM for it. I couldn't find a ROM that booted properly so I gave up and went back to the original ROM. But the problem is...there's no original ROM for the T011 version on the forums.

So I had to contact the seller for the original ROM, which works. The file I received was "MK808B_T011_public_8723_20140911_V4.4.img" (511mB) <--- Note the T011 in the filename

Unfortunately when asked about custom ROMs and rooting the ROM, he there is none that he knows of.

20. Kadar Akure

Kadar Akure Member

Tablet:
    Samsung tab3
    Phone:
    Galaxy Mega
    TV Stick:
    M808B
    can u send me the link for the rom u have sounds like the one I need

Remove Advertisements