Guide MK809 Recovery Tool

Discussion in 'MK809' started by mrkus21, Jan 27, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    MK809 - Recovery Method from Rockchip
    If your MK809 has the following Issues, please solve these Issues by Recovery/Update
    • After boot, theres no Signal
    • Theres only boot Screen
    • System running very slow, crashing
    • Can´t find the WiFi Network Equipment, or can´t connect to it.
    • When installation Apps, Stick loss Power unexpected and can not boot.
    Drivers can be found here: http://vondroid.com/threads/rockchip-usb-driver-for-windows-2000-xp-vista-7-8.6151/

All Instructions of this Method you´ll get at the attached *.DOC File, please READ !
    I´m not responsilbe for any Problems that occur. I only provide Informations !
    Source: androidstick.nl

Attached Files:

2. jasco

jasco Member

Tablet:
    mk809
    hello.
    first sorry about my english.
    i have a problem whit this recovery. i flashed the mk809 whith the rom finless 1.7 and it reboot over and over again. in the tv appears the 2 linux´s penguins and reboot. i read the tutorial of the recovery and i dont know where is the flash to put the metal stick between the 6 and 7 pin.
    other thing its how i connect the mk809 at pc. (usb otg?)
    can anybody help me?
    thanks

3. minatauro

minatauro Member

Hi can somebody help please, i rooted my mk809 following the guide but could not flash it as an error saying drive could not be found. I tried a factory reset to get it back to original state. It turned off but never rebooted. I tried the short circuit but that is not working for me. I opened it up placed a paperclip between pin 6 and 7 and plugged usb into computer, after 3 to 5 seconds removed the paperclip but there was no hardware found pop up. Am I doing it right? i did not have the hdmi connected to the tv while doing recovery if that makes a difference. The usb cannot install drivers for it either now. there is still power as the blue light is on and windows makes a sound when it is plugged into usb.

Can anyone please help to get it back working please.

4. csjjpm

csjjpm Member

Tablet:
    Acer A210
    Phone:
    HTC Desire
    I am having the exact same problem. Please help.

5. minatauro

minatauro Member

6. minatauro

minatauro Member

Hi, I think I managed to sort it. I downloaded the firmware from here https://mega.co.nz/#!ExZH3Lha!QIt4MVq8tQWO1p8iv4QYHj_R3zRJn7Bj1VjS_pdQHoQ
    and the batch tool from here http://www.topnotchtablets.com/RK3066firmware.

I opened the batch tool and added the firmware image. I put a needle between pin 6 and 7 and plugged the usb into pc. No popup for new hardware appeared but I did notice the 1st box on the batch tool turn BLUE not green which they say in the instructions. I had to change the language of the batch tool to english to see what i was doing. To do this select the boyyom left button and the second option down, this changes the language from chinese to english. I then pressed restore and the tool downloaded the firmware onto the mk809 with success.

It seemed to have worked but i cannot see it on tv as it is saying mode not supported. Is there a way to change default hdmi setting to something like 1376 x 768 to work on hd ready tv?
    hope this helps somebody.

7. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Normally they all have 1280x720 selected for the first Time on...
    But if not, you should find a TV which supports Full HD and see if it works, then you can change it.

8. minatauro

minatauro Member

Ok Imanaged to reflash firmware and root it but when I try install finless 1.7 reboot to flash mode i get the error "Device cannot flash as there is no drive" can anyone help as I would love to install it but just cannot seem to.
    any ideas of what to do please?

9. minatauro

minatauro Member

SUCCESS! I managed it. I finally installed 1.7 and its sweet :D.
    1.) I rooted the mk809 following the instructions.
    2.) I installed pdanet 4.01 with window 8 drivers. ( im using 64bit windows)
    I could not reboot to flash mode on the flash tool as no drive found even though the adb drivers were installed. I looked at my android sdk installed and noticed it was only 4.2 so I installed the files for 4.1 seen as how the mk809 is 4.1.1 .
    I followed this http://vondroid.com/threads/usb-adb-drivers.492/ and the part where you have to edit the C:\\Users\\[YOUR-USER]\\.android\\adb_usb.ini and add new line with 0x2207

**this adb_usb.ini file only appeared after I installed the 4.1 on the sdk. but you can create it yourself if not there** This seems to be the reason that it did not recognise the device even though the adb drivers were installed. Once you create this .ini or edit it it will look for the 0x2207 which is your device. Reboot your pc and connect mk809 then test using cmd prompt " adb devices " and it should appear as 1234567abcdef.

3.) I could not get it to flash mode again so I short the circuit to get it to flash mode and then opened the flash tool. I immediately pressed the erase nand button and then flashed the rom and it worked.

I tried the original instruction many times and it never worked but this was the only way to get around the error device cannot do flash mode as no drive found.

Hope it can be of help.

10. minatauro

minatauro Member

I have one more question. It works on one tv at 1280x760 but when I attach it to a panasonic plasma the screen stays blank. I have 3 hdmi with 2 occupied for upc hd and the other xbox 360 both outputting at 1080i. When i insert the mk809 into the 3rd slot all hdmi's go blank until i unplug the mk809 then the xbox and upc both turn back on. Why is it not being recognised and why is it causing interuption to the other two hdmi slots also?

11. wazir

wazir Member

12. terrandroid

terrandroid Member

Tablet:
    GT-p6210
    Phone:
    GT-i9305
    TV Stick:
    mk809III
    I have a mk809iii with rockchip rk3188t and mt6622n mt5931sa wifi/bluetooth chips. i bricked it, i have no tv signal anymore. Tried many roms but still no tv signal. Will this work for me? hope anyone can help me out.

13. terrandroid

terrandroid Member

Tablet:
    GT-p6210
    Phone:
    GT-i9305
    TV Stick:
    mk809III
    I finally got it back alive, mask mode was the problem.

14. Martinest

Martinest Member

Hi!

I have similar problem. I bought the device MK 809III. Checked it when i got it with mail and put it to the box. Last week (2 month later) i took it out again and connected to the TV. Used one night for watching Youtube videos and when i powered up TV next day i got somekind of boot loop or something like that:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6HJGOmBnXp5ZmZub0s4ZWswYm8/view?usp=sharing

Today i managed to download drivers and connect with PC (Win 7 x64).

After holding down the reset button and connecting the cabel i was able to flash it with Batch Tool v.1.6:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6HJGOmBnXp5dDJfNWcxektnZkU/view?usp=sharing

Downloaded images from : http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/category/android-tv-stick-tv-box/mk809iii/

When i connet device to TV again i got nothing - no signal.

When i tired with Flash Tool 1.37 it failed:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6HJGOmBnXp5MHJTRnd5V0U4XzA/view?usp=sharing

Any suggestions for beginner in need of help?

Regards
    Martin

15. muza zain

muza zain Member

Phone:
    samsung note2
    TV Stick:
    mk809
    can explain details on the mask mode\q

Remove Advertisements