Support Request MK809ii Can't get any ROM to work

Discussion in 'MK809 II' started by WhiteStar01, Oct 3, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. WhiteStar01

WhiteStar01 Member

First off- thanks for any help anyone can give.

I have MANY hours into my new MK809ii now and I'm losing my mind. Foolishly- I updated to a finless rom without updating the original firmware and now I have virtually zero luck getting this thing up and running again with a fully functional ROM. The original worked for wifi and bluetooth but stuttered and skipped on video.

At this point- even the factory ROM (just updated today here alothough it still has the original file date in the image) doesn't work- No wifi and no bluetooth.

Here is the link to where I got it:
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00B1NWES6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some pics (in case this thing isnt actually MK809ii) It doesnt seem to match any pics I can find arrgh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Finless 1.5 ROM does work for wifi but no bluetooth support. It is pretty flakey during operation too.

I could list all the ROMs I have tried if needed (there are a tonne). I tried just about everything I could think of- some locked it up- but an erase NAND and reflash with either Finless or the factory tool always brings it around.

My last try just now was an erase NAND (used the one from the finless 1.7 package- should this matter for erase?) and flashed with the rk3066_T005Launcher2_public_20121215 file update here today.

Still no wifi and no bluetooth. ANY help appreciated!

Cheers

Samuel Lima likes this.
  2. WhiteStar01

WhiteStar01 Member

Just noticed something- I have the AP6210 - but doesn't seem like I can find MK809ii that have this. Anyhow thought I would add it.

3. sam tyler

sam tyler Member

Phone:
    i9389
    TV Stick:
    mk809ii
    i have the same device as your pics but the board is blue! i bought it as a mk809ii 4.2.2 and in settings-about device,it states its a RK30 and it has 4.2.2 i have another mk809ii but that is 4.1.1 (but now with a finless rom!) as i thought it was a normal mk809ii i installed cwm recovery for the mk809ii the recovery works fine.and after some research, i find i could put some mk808b roms on it (via cwm) but as i find i had no WiFi or Bluetooth. but i did find if i restored the original kernel on the device(via cwm recovery ) WiFi and Bluetooth did work! but that trick didnt for all the roms i tried on it. for info the `so called` mk809ii 4.2.2 specs are, device:RK30....build no.rk30sdk-eng 4.2.2.JDQ39-eng-2s 201 30628 090481... vendor no,RK3066-rbox android 4.2.2 sdkv100130308....and the kernel is 3.0.36+ ZS@hotack-desktop))#191 THU JUN27 20.13.10 cst 2013 and of course on play store it keeps saying loads of the apps on are not compatible with my device! but still on the hunt for descent rom, the quest continues.....

iremarcruz likes this.
  4. WhiteStar01

WhiteStar01 Member

I forgot to reply here after I found my solution- I indeed found one for mine!

On this thread I found my solution:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread....-clone-blue-HTC-board-anyone-seen-this-before

The link on the page will take you here:
    http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_18_1.html

For mine the RKM S8B Software (20130902) works like a champ! I now have Bluetooth and Wireless working perfectly with my oddball stick with AP6210 Chipset. All is well now. It streams well (waaaaaaaaaaay better than stock- no stutters) and I have no complaints. I did have an occasional lockup- but nothing too horrible.

Cheers!

mrkus21 and lsvianna like this.
  5. sam tyler

sam tyler Member

Phone:
    i9389
    TV Stick:
    mk809ii
    thanks for the heads up and links. will see if they work my device. did you have problems with play store? hopefully these will sort it as mine kept saying most apps i tried to download were not compatible with my device.funny how my `proper` mk809ii didnt have that problem!!

6. WhiteStar01

WhiteStar01 Member

Nope I installed a bunch- zero issues. Actually I'm waiting for the bottom to fall out :)

7. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Will upload a S8B ROM with AP6210 and 1080p v1.0 of 02/09/2013 tomorrow to our Resources Section.

This is normally compatible with RK3066 incl. AP6210 Chipsets like the MK808B Clones and MK809II !
    Maybe try this One.
    If anyone has ROMs, doesn´t matter which Device, please upload them to the Resources Section on TOP Menu.
    There you can describe the ROM and upload it to our Server to share it with everyone. Together we can build a great Library for all Devices...

I do my best to upload new ROMs I get, but can´t upload every ROM... :goofy:
    Thanks, Guys.

8. sam tyler

sam tyler Member

Phone:
    i9389
    TV Stick:
    mk809ii
    will download this ROM this week as the roms I've tried have been useless. (no Wi-Fi and Bluetooth ) will I be able to extract the system /boot/kernel img's from the download? as I only install via cwm recovery. (I have a zip file which let's me do this) thanks for the rom. By the way, can someone show me how to extract the rom from my device? Then I could upload it to here so people could check it out and find out if it is a clone or really a mk809ii 4.2.2 of which i don't believe it is! thanks.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  9. sam tyler

sam tyler Member

Phone:
    i9389
    TV Stick:
    mk809ii
    just downloaded it,but i see its for use with batch/flash tool,is it possible to upload a version for use via cwm recovery? i need the system,boot and kernel img`s if you can thanks.

10. lsvianna

lsvianna Member

WhiteStar01,

Thank you so much! This ROM is perfect!

It is final solution for bluetooth and wifi problems for updating MK809ii (at least for mine). By the way, it provide stable wifi.

In the Rikomagic page, I used the ROM file of the top placed version.

11. Wellington Chaves

Wellington Chaves Member

TV Stick:
    MK809II
    Finally, this was also the solution for me. :)

My TV stick is a Cozyswan MK809II, and also had the AP6210 on it, so after installing the other finless ROM's it never got WIFI and BT back. After a lot of research, this was the only solution for me.

Thanks! ;)

12. Rafael Soares

Rafael Soares Member

Tablet:
    Samsung tab3
    Phone:
    Xperia Arc
    TV Stick:
    mk809II
    I also have a Cozywan MK809II. No BT or Wifi with the finless roms. Works great with the latest rom RKM MK802IIIS8G(B) Software (140312) available in the following link:
    http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_18_1.html

All the best.

Remove Advertisements