Momo7 ips how to root please?

Discussion in 'Ployer' started by richard HR, Dec 14, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. richard HR

richard HR Member

Tablet:
    Momo7ips jb
    Phone:
    motorola defy plus 526 CM10 jb
    running JB it is a nice thing with little issues about battery charge indicator lying, and despite being generally pretty fast, hangs on settings sometimes.

I would like some control over it and to do thiat I need root access- anyone suggest how to do it? I inderstand someone has managed to use TPsarky vondroid to achieve this but I must be doing summat wrong...

any pointers would be appreciated please guys!

2. smileypete

smileypete Member

Tablet:
    7" MID Cortex A8
    One method that works with the Momo11 Speed Rk3066 is to enable USB debugging, install ADB drivers by installing PDAnet or MoroBoro on host PC, then install and run ZhouDaShi (in chinese!) on host PC which can root/unroot with the buttons on the last menu tab. On the Momo11 you need to unroot THEN root or something like that as it's comes kind of semi-rooted. o_O

richard HR likes this.
  3. richard HR

richard HR Member

Tablet:
    Momo7ips jb
    Phone:
    Thanks smileypete. I'll give it a go
    Not sure about the Chinese though hope its obvious!

4. richard HR

richard HR Member

Tablet:
    Momo7ips jb
    Phone:
    woohoo
    Thanks a million brother!
    Result. (OK probably got too excited there!)
    Gives me much more control over native app bloatware.

5. clivec

clivec Member

Tablet:
    momo7IPS
    Hi,
    Just been trying to follow the instructions to root my Momo 7, however chickened out when I got to the chinese download and don't know how to proceed from there. Any chance of a bit more explanation of ZHuoDaShi set up please?

6. richard HR

richard HR Member

Tablet:
    Momo7ips jb
    Phone:
    Hey mate sorry not to have seen yr post before this. Bit surprised as this was my first ever post on a forum when I started that thread! I can't give a detailed set of instructions as to how to do this as I read no Chinese either. It does however seem to be set up in the same way as a well put together English language application. That is to say that the buttons you need to press to run the application are where you would imagine them to be. It worked for me ( I pressed 'x root' - unroot? Then ' tick root' and hey presto- rooted). I then used another app (the very useful ' link2sd' from play store) which needs root to work to freeze this app and other uninvited ones from the stock system apps ' just in case'!

Hope that helps- it worked on the first attempt for me, so don't think much to worry about?

clivec likes this.
  7. smileypete

smileypete Member

Tablet:
    7" MID Cortex A8
    The root/unroot buttons are on the 'tools' tab:

[​IMG]

Also it shows the root status on the 'home' tab, and the link next to it also roots or unroots:

[​IMG]

Don't know about the Momo7 but the Momo11 needs to be UNrooted first THEN rooted, as it comes semi-rooted apparently o_O. So the buttons on the tools menu might be best to try, then check the root status on the home menu (text is green when rooted)

clivec likes this.
Remove Advertisements