Pipo S2

Discussion in 'S2' started by scootnwilly, Jan 7, 2013.

1. scootnwilly

scootnwilly Member

Tablet:
    Transformer TF300T, FNF iFive MX
    Phone:
    THL W3
    TV Stick:
    iMito MX1
    Everything works great on this 8" tablet, but I have an issue with the battery.
    Although it takes many hours, my Pipo S2 will eventually charge to 99%. It then discharges very quickly into the 30's % range without even using it. I then tried to recalibrate the battery but it requires to be rooted first.
    I then used 2 different rooting methods to root the unit. Both times I was notified that the tablet is rooted. Then when I used the Root Checker App to verify it I got this message: "Sorry! This device does not have proper root access. ++Due to security concerns, Google bans applications from providing root access ++Will not root this device. Will verify proper root installation."
    Does anyone have a solution to my problem. Any comments?
  2. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    I know, that also the Pipo S1 has the Battery Bug ! This is only a Calibration fault, no Hardware Problem.
    You can only fix it, if you have Root access thats correct.

Here are 2 Videos, these are for the S1 but also should work for the S2 (Rk3066 is the same)
    I think this will work.

First Root:

Second Battery Fix:

Good Luck !
  3. scootnwilly

scootnwilly Member

Tablet:
    Phone:
    THL W3
    TV Stick:
    iMito MX1
    Vielen Dank :)
  4. scootnwilly

scootnwilly Member

Tablet:
    Phone:
    THL W3
    TV Stick:
    iMito MX1
    When running Moborobo it shows S2, the firmware version and the number of various files on the device [all on the right side of the window], but nothing shows up on the left side where the device screen is. It says "Failed to load device model! Please click to refresh!" Of course nothing happens when I try to refresh it. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
  5. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Sorry, I know this works for a Friend but to his S2 it didn´t show "S2" at moborobo, maybe it works for him because theres no Model Number.
    Did you search Google for that ? Some Guys at Slatedroid also rooted the S2 with the Jellybean batch script, but I didn´t do this before.

Maybe @PiersTuen @PyromaniacB can help you...
  6. scootnwilly

scootnwilly Member

Tablet:
    Phone:
    THL W3
    TV Stick:
    iMito MX1
    I finally managed to root this tablet, but the battery recalibration didn't have any effect on the battery. It drained to 0% within one hour of non-use after a full charge.
    That's very disappointing.
  7. scootnwilly

scootnwilly Member

Tablet:
    Phone:
    THL W3
    TV Stick:
    iMito MX1
    Well I returned the tablet to the seller.
  8. mrkus21

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Ok, but this happens to more Pipo Tablets, as I know also the S1 has this Problem. But as long as it´s only a optical Battery Display Thing, for me this would be no Problem...
    But you´re right to return it, hope for you, if you get a New One, it runs better !
  9. bong tan

bong tan Member

Tablet:
    pipo s2
    hi
    thanks for this helpful thread.i have a similar battery issue with my s2.i was able to root it and used the battery calibration app.it actually worked once.the battery lasted me at least 2 days of heavy use.then the problem of not reaching 100% charged status came back after i recharged it.it also drained very quickly within a few minutes of use. would reflashing it to the latest official rom work? anyone here tried this way?
    please help.i cant afford to send this back to the seller (in china),also im afraid they will send me a replacement with the same problem.
  10. scootnwilly

scootnwilly Member

Tablet:
    Phone:
    THL W3
    TV Stick:
    iMito MX1
    I did send mine back and replaced it with a iFive MX 8" tablet. It has its own issues. Often when I boot it up it shows the little android laying on its back with an exclamation mark on his belly. I then have to hold down the start button for about a minute to shut it off. Or it won't respond to the ON button and it will only start up by me pressing the start and -volume at the same time. At other times no matter what I'm doing on the tablet it will automatically revert to the home screen. Very odd. I'm losing my confidence in the Chines tablet line-up, to say the least. :( There are too many companies competing for a share in the tablet market, yet they seem to be unwilling to put more testing into their products before as well as support after offering them for sale.