Please help- Tablet wont boot, screen turns on, speaker makes a click sound

Discussion in 'V99' started by srk, Jan 14, 2013.

1. srk

srk Member

[Solved]

Chuwi V99 is not booting up. Every time I hold the power button it shows the chuwi logo, the speakers make a click sound, then the whole tablet shuts down.
    Also, when the tablet is connected to the charger and I push the power button it shows battery status. Then when I hold the power button, the same thing happens- retina logo pops up followed by a click sound.

PS: Not sure if the sound can be called a click sound exactly, more like a *boop* sound.
  2. SajetS

SajetS Member

Tablet:
    iPad 4 32GB WiFi + Cellular
    Phone:
    atm no chinese tablet :-/
    TV Stick:
    Tronsmart T428
    hi
    just try to flash another firmware ;)

SajetS
    srk likes this.
  3. srk

srk Member

What are the hardware key combinations to flash it? Because all I can see the the retina logo. I can't get into the OS.
  4. SajetS

SajetS Member

Tablet:
    iPad 4 32GB WiFi + Cellular
    Phone:
    atm no chinese tablet :-/
    TV Stick:
    Tronsmart T428
    please read this thread

vondroid.com/threads/howto-flash-root-chuwi-v99-cube-u9gtv-yuandao-n90-fhd-visture-v4-hd-retina-tablets.3852/

SajetS
    srk likes this.
  5. srk

srk Member

Performed the following steps from the guide:

The problem is, the device shows up on the device manager only for 2-3 seconds (for the time the screen is on), and after that the device shuts down by itself, and the device manager loses the device as well.

At this point I think something got burnt out within the device. Few days ago I left ezPDF on and forgot to close it, and then put the tablet in my bag. When I took it out later that day, the tablet was hot to the touch, and there was a peculiar smell. Didn't think much of it. Only if there was a way to keep the device on.

***UPDATE***01-17-2013-5:47AM
    Every few hours I try to turn the tablet on. And just now, somehow, it boot up. Everything is fine so far.
  6. pixellegolas

pixellegolas Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101
    Phone:
    Cube u30gt
    I have same issue on a Sanei N10 and it was the connection to DC on the board that was broken. In other words it doesnt charge. So I could start the tablet for a few seconds until logo shows up and then it turns off. I could also enter recovery menu for a couple of seconds and then died. I will tomorrow solder this part and see if it works :)
    srk likes this.
  7. Piers

Piers Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    Y300 CM11
    TV Stick:
    None
    and PLEASE post in the correct forum. Post moved.
    srk likes this.
  8. srk

srk Member

@pixellegolas:
    My problem was not with any broken connection though. I was simply holding down the power button for too long.
    Try this: While the tablet is turned off, hold down the power button. If your problem is like mine, the logo should appear for a few seconds. When the logo appears, let go of the power button. It should start normally, assuming we are having the same problem. After figuring this out, I soon put a custom rom in mine that is also rooted. So, now I barely use the power button, because I have an app for rebooting, shutting down etc; and barely ever shut down my device as well.