Ployer Momo11 Quad Exynos 4421

Discussion in 'Ployer' started by smileypete, Oct 17, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. smileypete

smileypete Member

Tablet:
    7" MID Cortex A8
    Looks like Ployer are planning to release an Exynos 4421 tablet too:

http://en.ployer.cn/mid_detail.php?id=26

[​IMG]
    It's a 9.7 tablet instead of 10.1 but has an HDMI output. Maybe they will catch up with Ramos and release the same time? :)

cheers, Pete.

2. SajetS

SajetS Member

Tablet:
    iPad 4 32GB WiFi + Cellular
    Phone:
    atm no chinese tablet :-/
    TV Stick:
    Tronsmart T428
    Very bad Battery with only 6,000 mAh :confused:

3. PyromaniacB

PyromaniacB Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung GT-N7100
    TV Stick:
    MK808 TV Stick
    Well, it has the Exynos CPU which is probably more power efficient since manufacturers using these are also using smaller capacity batteries.

4. SajetS

SajetS Member

Tablet:
    iPad 4 32GB WiFi + Cellular
    Phone:
    atm no chinese tablet :-/
    TV Stick:
    Tronsmart T428
    Thats maybe right, but the other manufacturer which use the Exynos CPU also decide for more battery power.
    I mean, why should i buy a Tablet with 6000 mAh if i can get the same with min 8000mAh for same price.
    That's just my opinion :)

5. alsaleh

alsaleh Member

i wouldn't be to that optimistic , the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 uses the same Exynos CPU and battery life is 8 hours while using a 7000 mAh battery !!

6. Jimbo76

Jimbo76 Member

Hi, there seems to be some people with knowledge about this on here. I was all set to buy the ployer momo 11 speed until i saw the talent and quad models are due to be released soon. The talent has retina display but i'm aware that this is not a major issue, 1GB RAM but the quad is quad core and 2GB RAM and still has a 1080P screen. Which would you choose or recommend, are there pro's and cons.

Also Ployer seem to be well reviewed, are there other Android tablets (cheaper end) that are equally as good or better value for money?

7. smileypete

smileypete Member

Tablet:
    7" MID Cortex A8
    Seems like Pipo are well regarded too, BUT apparently there will be a Nexus 10 announced very soon, maybe retina, maybe for $299!!! If so the China tablet makers have to equal or beat that.

However I just bought a Momo11 speed from a UK retailer for £140. Quad core and retina display are very nice to have but I don't really need them, and I'd expect they'll cost a fair bit more in the UK than what I paid.

8. Jimbo76

Jimbo76 Member

Thanks Pete,

I'll check out Pipo, i've been holding out fro a speed from gtr electronics as they seem to be the most reliable uk retailer. I'm a little worried about the 6000amh battery on the quad core as well, they reckon this will last around 4 hours which is not long. The talent is exactly the same as the speed but with retina display so i agree if it is more money rather than a replacement definitely not worth it. Did you install Jellybean yourself and who did you purchase from?

9. smileypete

smileypete Member

Tablet:
    7" MID Cortex A8
    I bought from through Amazon here, the marketplace seller (Wendy Lou) has good feedback:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MOMO11-SPEED-BIRD-Capacitive-BLUETOOTH/dp/B0091FD78W/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

If it doesn't arrive with Jellybean, I'm pretty sure the download link is this one.

http://translate.google.com/transla...u=http://www.ployer.cn/prshow.asp?id=127&p=zc

Maybe see on Monday what the Nexus 10 comes up with, even if you don't want one, it's price and performance may set the bar for the China tablet makers - or not as the case may be. :D

10. smileypete

smileypete Member

Tablet:
    7" MID Cortex A8
    Just an update, received the Momo Bird 11/Speed on Saturday, came with ICS 4.0.4 but will upgrade with JB sooner or later. Had to set the language and keyboard to UK from Chinese, and decided to disable/hide the Chinese built in apps. Google Play and Flash already installed and work fine.

Build quality is mostly excellent, the only *minor* negatives are that the Wifi with the all metal back is reasonably good but not brilliant, and in one place the screen bleed with a dark screen is a little more than minimal but not noticeable in normal use.

Has a nice bright screen and the battery life so far is quite good, seems very solid. Like the way the ports blend in with the dark edging. Came with UK charger and micro USB to USB male cable and micro USB to USB female cable, for OTG I guess.

Not too fussy about 9.7 4:3 instead of 10.1 16:10 as will use it for web browsing mostly, resolution is OK for me as I tend to zoom web pages instead of reading tiny lettering, I highly recommend Opera Mobile with it's dynamic text reflow.

If anyone's got any questions I'll do my best to answer. Overall very pleased with it, was considering a Pipo M1 but this seems equally as good. :)

cheers, Pete.

11. Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector Member

Tablet:
    Google Nexus 7
    Phone:
    Pipo Movie M3
  12. smileypete

smileypete Member

Tablet:
    7" MID Cortex A8
  13. Tablet_Collector