Ployer Momo11 Speed

Discussion in 'Ployer' started by stranger1, Sep 26, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. stranger1

stranger1 Member

Tablet:
    none
    Apparently early reviews of this tab look very good which put me right in the middle of this tab and the Pipo M3. Apparently there has been a delay with the release of this one so lve spoken to Gary at GTR Electronics (the official Ployer UK outlet) and he says the delay with this tablet is due to a shortage of screens at the Ployer factory.
    Given GTR's excellent track record this could be one to look out for for European buyers.

http://www.gtrelectronics.co.uk/momo11-speed.php

PS. I don't have any affiliation with GTR, I'm just posting some possibly useful info.

Jerry likes this.
  2. Jerry

Jerry Member

After Jezzers review on the pipo M3 (which I had my eye on) regarding the low clock speed on slatedroid I`ve changed my mind & I`ve gone for the Momo 11 speed .
    Emailed Gary and put my name on the waiting list after reading about how good GTR customer services are ( not chancing an import)

Got a good score in tests I`ve heard but not confirmed

3. stranger1

stranger1 Member

Tablet:
    none
    The Ployer Speed does look like a contender but the 4:3 aspect ratio puts me off at the moment.
    Hopefully the firmware issues with the M3 can be sorted soon.......we'll see.

4. Jerry

Jerry Member

Yes I know what you mean the 1200x800 Res & 16:9 ratio was one of the main factors for me as well.

But can`t wait around for Pipo to pull their finger out & get it sorted so settling for the Momo11 plus the fact that the only M3 I`ve seen from a UK seller is nearly £200 :eek:

5. JWTeacher

JWTeacher Member

HI all,
    Have to say have experienced GTR customer service and it is good but having experienced and read the ployer debacle with momo11 I wouldn't touch the speed version. They have had problems with wifi, problems with rockchip with JB and problems with stability. Had original momo11 bird and replaced for pipo m1. Whilst m1 is obviously faster (dual over single core) it is also far smoother and no conflicts and fully stable to date. Just my opinion but wouldn't touch ployer now.

6. Jerry

Jerry Member

I bought a Momo 8 speed from GTR & was having horrible issues with the wi-fi on that as well,
    but ployer aren't on their own there because I purchased a Pipo M3 which was having the same wi-fi issues .

I thought at first it was my wi-fi but after testing other devices it was down to the Ployer & Pipo tablets having the wi-fi issues .
    Is the common factor here two new-ish released tablets running JB ????

Lucky for me both were bought from two good UK sellers ie Gary @ GTR & Edigitech .
    Both were sent back but Edigitech is doing some wi-fi tests on other models & looking into the Pipo wi-fi aerial issue & Gary said that Ployer are testing their wi-fi and will make changes ... ie moving the aerial which gives more coverage & to use a plastic backing to stop interference ?

Waiting to see what happens

7. smileypete

smileypete Member

Tablet:
    7" MID Cortex A8
    I bought a Ployer Momo11 Bird II/Speed (basically a Speed with the metal back of the Bird) about a week ago, the wifi although not excellent is fine. It came with ICS 4.0.4, am planning to flash the latest JB build from the Ployer CN site when I have time.

The original Speed with the metal back with black plastic panel is still around and should give better wifi performance. Seems that some of the wifi issues may have been due to ICS 4.0.3, also that early JB builds have been causing stability issues with the RK3066 chipset.

Overall I'm very happy with it and would consider buying a Ployer again. I was thinking of getting a Pipo M1 or waiting for the Ramos W30 but the Ramos keeps getting delayed and a good deal on the Momo11 Speed came along.

8. scarytas

scarytas Member

Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy 7.7 GT-P6800
    Phone:
    ASUS Transformer TF300
    Hi,
    Slightly off topic, but this appeares to be the most active thread.

Could someone be so kind as to put their Momo11 speed on some scales and tell me what these things weigh? I have visited just about every site selling these units and so far get weight listed at anything from 550g - 680g.

I am trying to choose between the Ployer Momo 11 speed (extreme) / PIPO M1 / Aoson M11 / or even the Onda V971 and the weight will be defining factor.

Thanks

Thanks

Remove Advertisements