problems with clone mk3066, Realtek RLT-8723BS

Discussion in 'MK808B' started by SimonP, Apr 13, 2015.

Remove Advertisements
  1. SimonP

SimonP Member

TV Stick:
    MK808B clone (?)
    So I got this android stick from dx.com, and after reading some comments on DX it seemed like everyone was recieving original sticks, so I went ahead and flashed finless 2.2 , which pretty much bricked my device. I decided to open it, and found out it had a RLT8723BS bluetooth and wifi chip, so this was a clone. Couldn't really find much information on this clone (found other versions with the BT/wifi chipset but not 808b )
    I tried MANY FW's in desperation, and found one that finally booted; mk808b_clone_Kernel_3.0.36+ #1004 original. My problem is that the Wifi and BT still isn't working, as this clone used another chip. I have tried to understand what parts of the installer does what, but it all is a little too technical for me.

So my question is, could anyone help me or point me in the right direction to get the RLT-8723BS bt & wifi chipset installed on this ROM?

I didn't back up my original rom before I flashed, because I was pretty sure it was stock... At least now I've learned, always backup. Any input much appreciated , as I have spent many many hours the past week on this. cheers!

2. wiradpuru

wiradpuru Member

Hi, first thank you for sharing your experience - always helpful.

Second, I'm guessing you have this model(?):
    post #101 w/photos
    also, in my reply (#107)

If yes, as you say about the RLT8723BS, there's a ROM/FW image that works (which also can be found - with a minimum of information - here: http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ro/2014/11/download-android-kitkat-44-stock_28.html ) but it's the factory one, 4.4.2 and everything as it came. Is this your model, with 4.4.2?

(If it's not, sorry I didn't mean to change the subject of your topic - disregard everything I've said above. I'm also looking for a similar solution, but couldn't find much guidance on how to "transplant" those drivers/procedures/init scripts which bootstrap wifi and BT from one system to another - if it's even possible.)

Remove Advertisements