Rk3188 android device semi-Bricked - HELP!!

Discussion in 'General Android TV & Unlisted' started by ZADroid, Dec 30, 2015.

Remove Advertisements
  1. ZADroid

ZADroid Member

Hi,

I have a Giada Q30 device which has pretty much the same hardware mostly from what I can see at the Minix Neo X7. 3188 chip 1.6ghz, 2Gb RAM, 8Gb NAND, etc.
    Specs are here if you are into it: http://www.giadatech.com/pshow-65.html

It comes with Android 4.2 and I wanted to reload to boot from Linux. Spoken with manufacturers and they supplied me with an firmware image to use when I want to use Linux. Did everything according to theuir manual for flashing etc, but didn't want to work. Tried many other things also and somewhere it didn't want to boot again.
    I can get it to connect via USB to Win7 pc in bootloader mode and finally managed to get it into mask mode.
    Connects in MAskMode with Android Tool as per instructions given from "mrkus21" at http://vondroid.com/threads/rkbatch...l-it-appear-like-connected-but-in-blue.19408/
    and have unpacked the manufacturers android 4.2 firmware(under downloads on the product page) to extract the bootloader and parameter and the rest also.
    Used AndroidTool and only check Loader and Parameter, into MaskMode, and only click RUN, but begins with "Download Boot Start" and after short while stops with "Download Boot Fail".

Now in the unpacked files from the firmware there was a "boot.bin" file and I've placed it in the same folder as the Loader and the kernel files, but still no luck.

Even just using RKBatchTool selecting the FW and restore in MaskMode also stops at "Download Boot Fail"

Any guidance will be appreciated as everywhere I've read that Rockchips don't brick.

Thank you.

2. ZADroid

ZADroid Member

Update: Went out and bought the most expensive cable I could find.

Updates no problems and unbricked

Remove Advertisements