Rooted but Bootloader is still locked!

Discussion in 'Visture' started by Mossey, May 15, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Mossey

Mossey Member

Tablet:
    Visture V97HD
    I received my Visture V97HD on May 5, 2013 and so far it seems to be well built and works very well. I managed to install the RK3188 update and have managed to get it rooted, but that to say has been a lot of luck and reading. And of coarse the RKrooting tool offered here. If I understand what is happening correctly, I am rooted but the boot loader is still locked. If I reboot into boot loader mode I get the little Android with the red exclamation point. And getting it to load ADB again only happened the once when rooting. I had to disable debugging and disable Win 8 driver signing in order to get the Visture driver installed, to run the update. Now I believe I need to install a custom boot loader like CWM or TRWP in order to unlock the boot loader. Am I right and if so how do I go about this? I am lost as this does not work the same as My Samsung Nexus smartphone. Please help me as I do not have a complete understanding on what the various steps are doing!
    Thanks

2. mp3825

mp3825 Member

Tablet:
    101s
    Hi I've just received my Visture V97 HD today 20th may. I notice that the screen display is set to a 4:3 aspect with big icons. A bit like my Ampe A90 under the old Ice cream firmware. I notice that you state that you have rooted yours with the RK rooting tool. Which tool is this. is this the same one used on the Rock chip R3066?

3. Mossey

Mossey Member

Tablet:
    Visture V97HD
    You can change the size of the text and icons under display but the native aspect is always going to be 4:3. I will attempt to supply the link(this site to instruction and file.
    http://vondroid.com/threads/how-to-root-a-rk3188-device.7686/#.UZobapBza71
    I would be very careful to make sure you backup your tablet first. I had no success with that at all. As now I am rooted and I don't have a recovery . Try at the vary least to have an image of your stock recovery. I have not been able to figure out ADB or fastboot and there is no custom recoveries out there for the Visture V97. Let me know if you success, the rooting program works very well and maybe I can steal a copy of the recovery image.
    This may help making a backup of the recovery! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1101094

Remove Advertisements