Guide TV Box or Stick - Freezes or Restarts ???? USB power...

Discussion in 'General Android TV & Unlisted' started by mrkus21, Jun 30, 2014.

Remove Advertisements
  1. mrkus21

mrkus21 Administrator Global Moderator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    TV Stick:
    See Signature
    Hi there Guys,

Some of you always have Problems with their TV Sticks.
    I researched and did some Tests with a Power Bank from Xiaomi.

You would ask what has a PowerBank to do with my TV Stick...
    Let me explain...

Some TV Sticks are freezing, or restarting because of less Power or a bad Power Supply.
    They need more then the normal USB Specification 5V 500mA to run.
    Most of them have 5V 2000mA Chargers with them. But theres mostly no Problem with the PowerSupply !!!
    I found out, that the Problem is depending on the micro USB Cables the Factory sends with them !

I take my Xiaomi Power Bank, because it can handle 2.0 A Charging Power and I take my TV Stick Power Supply to charge it...
    And... bAAAAM ! Thats the Problem.
    Some cheap USB Cables did only charge my PowerBank with 0,30 - 0,48A, others with 0,50A, some Cables from Buyincoins.com only with 0,21A !!!!
    I topught, ok, why did my PowerBank take so longe to Charge...
    I measured the Charging with a USB Charger Doctor which I did check before if its correct.

So now, I take the Original Xiaomi Cable and...
    It charges with 1,47A !!! ???? CRAZY. I took a for me known good microUSB Cable which I use for flashing Tablets and TV Sticks and Phones, the NOKIA CA-101D, you get on EBAY.

4436563_20130101112523__28181_zoom.jpg

And this charges now my PowerBank with 1.93A at 5.1V !!! And now the Charger is getting warm.

So in the End, I would like to say, if you have a Problem with your Stick, like freezing or rebooting, just use another USB Cable for the PowerSupply.. like the NOKIA CA-101D and test it.
    Maybe this can help to solve your Problem and it´s cheaper then to buy a new Charger.

2. ATAB

ATAB Staff Member Global Moderator

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    Never really thought that the cable makes such a huge difference ..but here we go...

ATAB

Remove Advertisements