Support Request Yuandao N101 not starting up after battery drain

Discussion in 'Vido® (YuanDao)' started by telmeraj, Nov 26, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. telmeraj

telmeraj Member

Tablet:
    yuanadao n101
    I have a N101 the one with the silver back. I had lost my charger that came with the tablet so got one from the local store with 5v and 2A. But it would nt charge beyond 1%. It was stuck at 1% for 10 mins or so with the new charger plugged in and then the screen went black. It wont turn on now. I found my orignal charger plugged it in left it over night to charge but it simply doesnt turn on. I read somewhere that pressing the power button for 10 secs and then letting go and then pressing it again for 5 secs would fix it, but it doesnt seem to work. Any suggesstion please?

2. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    which firmware? maybe clear battery stats?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

3. kdw

kdw Member

Tablet:
    Window N101
    Phone:
    iphone 3gs
    I've had a similar problem once. Try to make it go in recovery state (with power + volume button), then charge while in that mode. After an hour or so, long press the power button to return to normal use mode. In my case the starting-up of android was too much of a drain to allow the charging to start.

4. telmeraj

telmeraj Member

Tablet:
    yuanadao n101
    I dont remember the firmware. It was the orignal one from the yuandao site now which one that i know not. and how do u clear the battery stats when it wont even power on, connecting it to the pc after pressing down the vol + and power button doesnt do a thing.?

5. Tuen

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
  6. telmeraj

telmeraj Member

Tablet:
    yuanadao n101
    After reading the post from the link provided by tuen i decided to go a head and buy a new charger with 5v and 3Amps. left it hooked for 8 hrs and tried to turn it back on but nothing. So i flipped the tablet and removed the back panel. Took a multimeter and tested the battery it had three wires green black and yellow. when probed red and black it read 4.14 volts . when probed red and yellow it gave a 3.99 volts reading which means the battery is already charged.
    Now I believe the device has to be hard reseted but how? I tried pressing the vol - and power together and plugging the usb but nothing. the computer doesnt detect any device. NOTE: I have a (back) button on the topside along with the vol controls buttons. which makes it different from the N101 2 which just has 3 buttons. So maybe it has different method of manual reseting the device?

7. Tuen

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    hard unbrick tutorial?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. McrRed

McrRed Member

This has now happened to my N101 (32gb Silverback)
    I haven't got round to opening it up but is there an unbrick tutorial as Tuen suggests?

Tried power button for 20 seconds. No...

But Volume + and Power on eventually worked for me!

Very happy now. Thought this tablet was gone.

9. Vascoh

Vascoh Member

Tablet:
    N101
    Hello! Please help me! I have the same problem. But my tablet just dont turn on. I tryed Volume and Power button but dont work!

10. McrRed

McrRed Member

Hi Vascoh,
    these are the only reset procedures I've found. Do try them carefully as the timing can sometimes be important.

Are you sure your charger is working?

11. Piers

Piers Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See signature
    Phone:
    See signature
    TV Stick:
    See signature
    This happened on my first N101 - I was convinced it was bricked however it was just the low quality chinese charger. I bought a UK 5V/2A charger from eBay, plugged it in, left it overnight and then tried to put the tablet into flash mode - it worked and I flashed the firmware and am still using the tablet today.

Edit: my neighbour is an electrical engineer - I asked him to take a look inside one of the Chinese plugs and he was shocked, there is no safety or voltage regulation and he said they are very dangerous.

Remove Advertisements