MINIX Neo X5 - Official Firmware
Release Date: 20th May 2013
HOW - TO:
- Added NFS.ko
- Added 1920x1080p-24Hz, 1920x1080p-25Hz, 1920x1080p-30Hz display options
- Applied new set of FFMPEG library
- Added AC3 audio passthrough by S/PDIF
- Added 5.1 channel HDMI PCM multi-channel audio (NOT HDMI passthrough)
- Updated libstagefright library
- Native Google apps. added back (Calender, Maps…etc)
- Support the new Gen.2 RKremote controller app. for Android devices (It works ONLY with this version of firmware and those after)
- Added RKGameControlSetting for game touch profile setup
- Dark background theme applied
How to flash a Rockchip Device: http://vondroid.com/threads/how-to-flash-a-rochchip-device.7373/
This is for the first FW Release but should also work for this newest Firmware !
Please don’t Power off your Device when you do the Upgrade, and if you use Windows 8,you should download the Driver here:
- Download Firmware and Unpack
- Turn on the Minix Neo X5 and connect it via the OTG port with the Computer
- On the back is a small button called “RECOVER”. Press down gently using a Paperclip (you can feel a distinct resistance)
- Turn on the device while holding the RECOVER Button and release after 5 to 7 Seconds.
- Now Windows will try to install the Driver, but will fail. In the Device Manager is now an Unknown Device. Install the appropriate Drivers from the “Driver” folder manually (depending on your operating system 32/64 bit version)
- Open the RKBatchTool… You should see a pink or green button. If it’s Pink start over from 2.-4.
- If the Dot is Green, RKBatchTool has detected the X5 and you can select the .img file from the firmware folder.
- Press “Restore” (NOT: “Upgrade”!).
- The Neo X5 will restart after the successful Firmware Upgrade. This takes 1-2min… After this you´re done.
If anyone has tested this. please Comment or Vote for this Firmware, also if you spot any Faults on that Guide.
I´m not responsive for any Problems occur ! Everything you do is on your own Risk !
Guest, don't forget that we offer 100% free hosting for files. You can upload up to 1024MB (1GB) files in zip, rar, and other formats. All content is hosted in the cloud and up to 10 Gb/s speeds are available.Dismiss Notice
MINIX Neo X5 - Official Firmware 4.1.1-20-05-2013
Stock Firmware for Neo X5 Stick