Applications and Settings dissapear on reboot

Discussion in 'C8 How to fix/ Problems' started by Guver, Apr 8, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Guver

Guver Member

Hi all,

I tried flashing several different CFW. All is working now, except for one important thing:

When I install and application or I change a setting in my phone, it keeps that setting for the time being.
    Once I reboot the tablet all the settings and the new applications dissapear, and the Tablet goes back to the previous state.
    Any ideas?

I formatted the External SD a couple times and installed Tsunami and Rubberband 2.1.2, but the same applications are always on the phone on each reboot.

2. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    normally it won't happened but maybe you can try the following step:
    shutdown the device
    pop out your external sd-card,
    press menu + power button and wait untill you see a message: "no images found, initial SD card"
    just press then the menu button and it will initiate your internal SD-card, maybe it can fix your problem.
    Let me know your results.

3. Guver

Guver Member

Same old, same old. Changed the Wallpaper, reboot and BUM, my old wallpaper is back there.
    Weird stuff... for ex. my Wifi setting are stored... but I think is one of the few things that are actually "remembered"

4. Guver

Guver Member

Ok. I think I'm done with this Tablet. I decided to open it and remove the internal SD for manual Formatting. I suspect the internal partitions are being problematic.
    My plan of action is to do this:

1) Open the tablet following the tutorials.
    2) Remove SD, put it on the adapter and format using windows 7 with SD Formatter 3 (Offical SD formatting tool).
    3) Put the internal SD back on the tablet.
    4) Put the external SD back ready with Rubberband 2.1.2 version.
    5) Flash the tablet.

Is there anything wrong with my plan?
    Is there any risk in formatting the internal SD manually?

Regards,

5. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    there is no risky to format your internal SD card, the only risky thing is your plastic back (be careful if you open it, because it is very thin plastic that can break)
    You don't really need to use SD formatter, just go to manage in your windows 7 and remove all the partition and create then a new partition (1 partition) is enough, because the other partition would normally create by the device.

PS: please be patient to remove the back cover and don't force to much!!!!

Remove Advertisements