Battery doesnt charge, stuck at 1%

Discussion in 'N101 Hardware & Technical' started by rekec, Sep 11, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. mrsid

mrsid Member

Tablet:
    N101
    Phone:
    sk17i
    Same problem as described - stuck at 1%.
    Works fine when it's plugged in but as soon as disconnected, android displays battery then immediately shuts down.

Thanks for the tips with fixing the faulty dodgy charge plug - performed this fix while I had it apart, and it seems to maintain constant power now, when previously, I could barely hold the thing due to the faulty connection.

I performed battery stats wipe (did nothing) then removed all three battery wires for a week, and reconnected them (did nothing).

I'm currently running the tablet in debugging mode unplugged (and it's going strong). Leads me to believe that in my case at least, the battery is still holding plenty of charge, but as others have stated, merely reporting incorrect stats. I guess android takes the incorrect battery meter and shuts down.

Are there any modded builds that prevent android from shutting down / sleeping at low battery? Seems like a work around could be to just mod the software.

I will report back with any results. This really is a great support community for the N101.

Tuen likes this.
  2. Tob

Tob Supporter

Tablet:
    101D
    I solved this problem for good since March this year. I bought the following charger in eBay:
    New Ariic 5V 3A 3000mA Power Supply AC Switching Adapter USB Battery Charger EUR
    plus the USB charger cable. When the charger arrived my N101 was dead and came to life again. When completely discharged it take now approx 4 hours. Also the device doesn't discharge anymore when plugged.
    From 50% to 100% it charges very fast.
    After this I as well updated to the newest original N101 FW, afterwhich the device didn't make this klicking noise anymore while charging.
    What I still think is that the output voltage needs to be little above 5V, stable up to 3A.
    I took another PC powersupply which has 7A but exactly 5V and it didn't charge.
    Also I bought a 3A car charger, but as well very slow charging.

3. taishou

taishou Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Hey,
    i recently replaced the battery in my N101 since the table stucks at 1% forever but the problem still exist. I also replaced the charger and wiped the battery stats. Current FW is 4.3 from Tuen. The battery is full this i what i proved my measuring the battery contacts. I am quite sure this is software problem. Is there any way to tell the system that the battery is full or to fake the battery status?

4. YmmotDroid

YmmotDroid Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Hello to all.
    I have solved the problem of charging with a simple copper wire, taken from an electric cable. I opened my tablet I unplugged the motherboard and plugged the wire into the connector charging closing ring. It works by three months. Google Translator.
    conn.jpg MB.jpg

5. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    seems nice mod..

6. Python.p

Python.p Member

HI, guys. Have you any advice for better adapter ? Link to ebay ? THX a lot.

7. Doctor_E

Doctor_E Member

Tablet:
    YuanDao N101 32GB
    Phone:
    Apanda A80S
    Hi there guys, I'm having the same issue, tablet is not charging. I have tried more that 5 different chargers (5v/2a and 5v/3a) from various manufactures including expensive ones, without any luck. Also I have tried all available firmwares including custom and official, wiping battery stats and all other tips mentioned in this post. Does anybody managed to solve this issue? Is there any hardware mod which solves this problem?

Thanks

8. jo2006

jo2006 Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101 32GB
    I also tried several (no worked) until I found one of 5v 4A that worked.

9. GJB

GJB Member

Hello I have a chuwi v88s that would not Charge Anymore after trying several chargers (even 5v 10A) i deceided to open the device up

I,ve had screen flashing battery not charging all kinds of Colors but the tablet wont start nor charge.

In my case it all came Down to One Problem Which Was the black battery wire not Being attached properly to the motherboard.
    This resulted in the Strange behaviour en not Being able to charge with low battery and getting all kinds of artifacts.

After soldering it properly all was just fine. Black wire was badly stripped and bad attached it did not connect well

Hope this can help you all

Remove Advertisements