Battery doesnt charge, stuck at 1%

Discussion in 'N101 Hardware & Technical' started by rekec, Sep 11, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. zarkay

zarkay Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101
    Do not know, but it's very strange, I not have any problem with charge (3 day) , until i change the rom....official rom.....now one week test and no way charge , stuck 12% after 16hours charging

2. gabberKE

gabberKE Member

mine was charging the first 3 or 4 times flawless, then it stopped charging at all.
    my last hope was to change the charger and it worked without a problem.
    the original charging unit can´t provide enough power for the tablet.

3. takaboy

takaboy Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101
    If I was the same and now it works, I tried the charger from a friend, it's amazing if you look at the ends of the charger are not the same one is a bit longer than the other, seems silly but much depends on the quality charger connector. I was already going crazy and made ​​many tests with a radio even putting it next to the charger in modulation am to hear the noise of the load and discovered when loaded and when not. In my case with my charger connector getting just a little and listening to the sound on the radio learning when and when not loaded and when I put a rubber grommet to keep out all the connector just enough until I eternal team send a new charger so that's my conclusion is not the problem but rather tablets of boots that are of poor quality and is a lottery you play a good one.

4. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    don't know if i have the same problem. but i've just unplug the wall charger and wait a few second and plug them in. It charge then back.
    it kind of safety overcharge protection?

5. Zadet

Zadet Member

Just to add my story - I left the tablet plugged in over night, came in the morning and found it at 13%. Decided to charge it to full at work with the USB charging cable. But when i plugged it in, the battery kept draining, even though it showed a charging symbol. I tried several different USB ports on the computer and I tried a car 12V USB charger, but it just kept draining.
    Then I read this whole thread, put my ear to the tablet and discovered those clicking noises - charging circuit kept disconnecting. I thought my tablet was broken and I'll have to send it back to eFox.
    Luckily, when I came home and plugged in my original charger, it started working and has charged it to 100%, and it's charging normally today.

So I guess it really matters what you charge your tablet with. As to why it wasn't charged the first night - I guess the plug must have gotten pulled out when I left it on the desk. Please try to be careful with the port, don't leave the tablet so that there is a side force to the cable/plug.

6. zarkay

zarkay Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101

You say you've tried a 12V car charger ...? ... and nothing has happened? ... what happens if you put more volts?

7. zarkay

zarkay Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101
    I have a charger to 9v 2A...is posible charge with this?

8. Zadet

Zadet Member

Don't try to use higher voltage! I meant 12 V -> 5 V USB car charger, of course.

9. ordeniz

ordeniz Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101
    I bought another charger and my problem seems to be solved for now.30 minutes now and it has charged from 1% to 15%.I hope nothing bad happens.

10. Zadet

Zadet Member

Nothing should happen, but just in case, occasionally keep an eye on the charger temperature.

11. ordeniz

ordeniz Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101
    I will.I could charge it 100%.then emptied.then charged again.used with charger.charged up to 100 again.I charged the tablet to 100% three times just to see if it works.And it works.

N101 DUAL CORE cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

12. Alex

Alex Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
  13. zarkay

zarkay Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101
    Hey guys, anyone tell me how to solder charger cables directly into the tablet, if the fault is the charger, there should be no loading problems if solder ? ... my problem is still the same,my tablet is charge1% per hour, but some time it charge normaly , I bought another charger with plug 0.7 x 2.35 and nothing...

14. zarkay

zarkay Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101
    It would be possible to remove the battery? ... what Volt requires to work without battery? , maybe charger directly without battery

15. PyromaniacB

PyromaniacB Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung GT-N7100
    TV Stick:
    MK808 TV Stick
    I wouldn't recommend trying that but it would need to be 3.7V unless you can see if there's a voltage regulator after the battery.

zarkay likes this.
  16. borjis

borjis Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101T
    How did you see it charging with the usb cable plugged in?

The N101 cannot charge over usb, the load is too great, it needs 5v 2amp to charge and thats just
    not possible over USB.

My charger works fine but gets VERY warm, so I bought one online that is 5v 2.5amp. It runs cooler.

17. sunmike132

sunmike132 Member

mine gets too hot while charging too. could you please paste a link of the 2.5A charger you bought? also, does the plug fit correctly or is it loose?

18. zarkay

zarkay Member

Tablet:
    yuandao n101
    Thanks PyromaniacB , I'm thinking of buying another charger,but this time with more amps, 5v 2.5A or maybe 3A , considering my tablet is charging, but only 1% per hour, today I have 92% after 30 hours charging, from 60%, which is the limit that I can down 60%, because I have to wait 4 days charging to recover 90% from 10% of battery...maybe more amps , charge faster...

19. Alex

Alex Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    zarkay, did you try to charge when display switched off? If it starts to charge faster with display switched off - it is the same problem with bad plug. Cannot explain, how it can be, but it is true - if you change stock charger to good one, where plug is correct (some good brand name) - problem with slow charging disappears. My second N101 came with discharged battery, so linux did not start loading. When I had plugged stock charger, there is was shown 2 pinguins in the left corner, then sign ANDROID in the middole, then some noise in speakers and 2 pinguins again - that meant speed of charging was less than discharing. I had switched display off by long press of power button, then left tablet with charger plugged for a while. After 10-15 minutes android loaded successfully. Then I tried to charge with display switched on - percentage was going down. So, I had replaced plug of charger with one, that bought in digikey.com - percentage of charging started to increase, even with display on. Probably it is bad contact, but logic tells - place of bad contact must have high temperature. Mystics. We do not need to undestand what kind of mystics it is, we need to use it. So, cause of most of problems was found - need to replace bad charger. Stock charger has not only bad plug, but also bad schematics - problems with touchscreen, while it is plugged. Touchscreen became like crazy. Only connecting to computer by USB can help in this. Why newly bought charger do not helps? Not sure, but problem can be exactly the same - bad charger, that was bought, or may be you bought wrong voltage charger. Or may be it is not stabilized (some chargers has not stabilized voltage on output). As we know, that stock charger at least working - first right step is to change plug to good.
    By the way, Eternal Team had decided simply stop selling N101 - now you cannot find it in their offering list. Only N101-2, which coming with charger from manufacturer.

20. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    I've also notice this problem. The problem can be solved with the following.
    Use e.g. vondroid v3.2.1 with CWM.
    plug the power cable into to tab. But on the other side (adapter to the wall) unplugged
    enter into CWM and clear the battery stats.
    after reboot, let the tab fully boot and plug then the adapter into the wall charger!

Let me know if it also help on the other people.

Remove Advertisements