Support Request Bricked my Pipo S1S aka Odys Genio !? Any idea!? Flash firmware

Discussion in 'S1' started by ATAB, Jul 27, 2014.

Remove Advertisements
  1. ATAB

ATAB Staff Member Global Moderator

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    Hi there,

I own a Genio Odys which is supposed to be the same as Pipo S3 or S1? (RK3066 1024x600 1GB RAM).
    Lately I had apps crashing fairly regularly - a factory reset it not improve it for long. Therefore I decided to attempt a firmware update.
    The first trouble is to get into flash mode (does nayone have an idea how to do that - manually? What button to hold and when!?) - but I managed it once...
    The 1st ROM was fine...but WIFO kept on being turn off and not working (Riley ROM 1.2.1 Android 4.2.1) - so it is not really an option. Another one led to a just a blank screen.
    So I tried a 3rd one - but that must have been maybe for the S1S(?) - as it led to no screen no nothing.:(

The most I can manage now - is that the tablet just briefly shows up in Rockchip Batch Toll (v1.6) ... for a second or two.. (Windows 7, USB cable was fine before).

So, does anyone have an idea how to raise this tablet from the dead !?
    What 'stable' firmware can be suggested !?

Any idea is welcome!

ATAB

@mrkus21

2. ATAB

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    Something to add....
    the tablet (being off of course as I can not start it anymore) pops up in Rockchip Batch Toll (v1.6) for a few seconds (it was at a charge >50% last time I checked) - when I hit the volume up (+) button and power button and it turns up green...

Thanks,
    ATAB

3. ATAB

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    Watch your USB cable!
    Well, in the end after virtually hitting all buttons in all possible combinations - I started to switch components around was well...
    I used a different USB cable - and that one allowed to stay longer in touch... ;-)!!
    So I managed to flash some ROM...and that one brought it back to live....for now.

ATAB

4. ATAB

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    One thing to add... I guess that the new firmware breathes some new lift into the little tablet for now... so it is definitely a life extender!

ATAB

Remove Advertisements