Pinned Chigon C2 - Information

Discussion in 'Chigon C2' started by Chigon Support, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Remove Advertisements
  1. Chigon Support

Chigon Support Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao RK101
    Phone:
    Chgion A720
    For now we have serious issues with 5mp camera. So we are trying to find new camera suppliers which can take some time. Can't allow our customers receive such poor quality camera.

2. timrouch

timrouch Member

I know tying to find other reputable suppliers for the 5mp camera might take some time, but do you have an update on production status, or any more information the stability for the C2's firmware?

3. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    Maybe better close this topic? i don't really see that there is a future for this tab...

4. ATAB

ATAB Staff Member Global Moderator

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    I guess we can really pronounce it dead..dead as a horse...

It would be good if Chigon would put a honest face and admit that they failed this tablet project for whatever reason...(who is still believing that is just the camera!?).

They were quick to put up a price and some specs...and but probably had it never finalized...
    Calling himself a manufacturer and then blaming the factory...just does not cut it for C2 anymore...I think
    What a pity ..really...

Even in other places on the web, the interest stalled...and looking at their own forum...no real about it what's so ever....

Let's close it and rethink it... I would say...
    Let's opt for a fresh start....

5. Chigon Support

Chigon Support Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao RK101
    Phone:
    Chgion A720
    I think this could be great idea... for now :) We didn't stopped any activity on tablets. So to prevent any confusion better close it.

Also hope Piers will reply about A720 question, that I'm waiting for a week :)

I can only suggest you to think before blaming someone. Or better try to make your own business to see how complicated it is.

6. ATAB

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    Oh...I have an idea how complicated it can be..that's why I am not doing it (at least not for tablets and that sort). But that is still no reason to fail most announcements you guys have made - it is tough I give you that - but then you need to be honest about it here. Credibility is the key here.
    There is no time table set up - no nothing is communicated in this regard....no reasoning given (despite the product being advertised elsewhere on the web...just testing the market?)
    This can become very frustrating for a follower of the Chigon tablets for a while now.

If you have taken my words the hard or personal way - I apologize for that - no harm intended here.

If it fails - then say so...(If C2 will still materialize, it most definitively will fail Xmas season..in my opinion.)...

There is no fault in failing, you can just start and try again...you get all my thumbs up for that.

Instead of getting personal - you could give us an update on the situation of C2...that would be the right step forward.
    But I think it is dead - or can you tell me something different? What is the status?

Thanks

7. Chigon Support

Chigon Support Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao RK101
    Phone:
    Chgion A720
    How can anyone give you an C2 update without any information on hands? Have you ever thought about it? As I said before, if I have information - I share it. If I don't have any information - that means radio silence.
    For now we are working on A720 phone, that's already released. But we don't give up on tablets. If RK3066 won't release - EX4412 will.

8. ATAB

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    As I wrote to you (PM), if e.g you say that there will be info by YOU in 5-6 (Chigon News) days and nothing happens - that is no good.
    If there is nothing to report, then is nothing holding you back to just report that there is nothing new to tell(!) and giving the current status. If no news is the news..then be it.

Not following you own 'announcements' discredits you and your reputation - even more to the point no one will listen to you anymore.
    Advertisement works only, if it has some credibility in some regard...

Radio silence for too long will kill any interest in the project...b/c it might appear dead to all interest (which it might very well be).

If by now there no any news whatsoever - that's a call for your judgment then - to call the project off (at least for Xmas) or even completely (as you have now experienced how difficult it can be).
    But that's is of course your call.

Where is Jack anyway? Haven't seen him anywhere near this forum for a while?
    Are you in constant contact with him?

Thanks

9. Chigon Support

Chigon Support Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao RK101
    Phone:
    Chgion A720
    In contact within 24/7. So I know all that he knows. Don't think that I don't post on forum any information cause I don't have any but Jack does.
    As I said before, you're not forced to wait for our tablets, I wouldn't. Maybe C2 won't get life at all? We have only one C2 sample, but that doesn't mean it will 100% get produced.
    If I would have moderator rights for manufacture forums, I would close topics to prevent panic.

As you can see from our forum http://www.chi-gon.com/forum/forum.php we closed C2 subforum. That should warn you that C2 might not even release for sales.

Wonder why you haven't got any tablet yet, or you don't really want to buy one?

P.S Gonna change top post to prevent such posts.

10. smokieg

smokieg Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    I'm wondering if there is a limit on PMs our inbox can hold i also sent a unrelated message Piers a week or 2 ago and got no reply not even a quick yes or no not that I'm having a whinge about my Q going unanswered but for a Manufacturer/previous trusted seller to also get no reply is a little worrying.

i know people get busy and im not having trying to have a go but it only takes but a few seconds to quickly reply with a yes or a no regardless of how blunt it may seem.

11. Chigon Support

Chigon Support Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao RK101
    Phone:
    Chgion A720
    No idea :( Send him pm's and post topic in hidden forum... Maybe he is dead and his spirit uses tapatalk @_@

12. ATAB

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    Well, all this has nothing to do with me wanting or not wanting to buy a tablet from you...really. Yes, indeed I can buy a tablet anytime (when the means are on hand) from anywhere I chose.
    That's right...

So even you said that C2 is currently is not worth the wait (at least for this xmas) - why not saying so.
    So I assume that is probably dead - at least at it current specs and mentioned price point.
    Alright...

PS. There is nothing wrong with the thread title at all..that has not triggered these post in the first place....

13. ATAB

Tablet:
    Odys Genio 7"
    Phone:
    Samsung S2
    I guess derived from the above statements from Chigon Support - that is won't happen too soon. The question after firmware and support is a good one - but no word has been said about this really.
    I guess it would be better to call it off - if C2 still happens..it might no be in its original form anyways...

Nothing that wrong with that..I just hope Chigon - tablet section - focuses on a project and goes through with it..despite all difficulties.

14. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    for some other question not related on tablets, you can also contact me

Topic lock now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Remove Advertisements