Connect to adb

Discussion in 'MK908' started by Scott-M, May 22, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Scott-M

Scott-M Member

TV Stick:
    MK908
    I am tearing my hear out trying to get an adb connection with my Tronsmart MK908 (same problem with an MK809 II I have) and would welcome any suggestions.

I have a number of Android devices, a couple of small A10 tablets, HTC One X and Desire and can get all of them to work happily with adb (both in Windows and Linux) but the MK908 and MK809II just aren't happy.

I have USB debugging on of course. The MK809 has a 'connect to PC' option which I have tried both on and off. MK908 doesn't but USB debugging is on.

Windows drivers are installed and good (I think). Linux should just work. In Windows I have tried removing the ADB drivers and installing all sorts of different ones from HTC, Allwinner A10, PDANet etc, adding VID and PID manually into the inf file.

Anything obvious I am missing?

2. linuxbaba

linuxbaba Member

TV Stick:
    MK809iii
    Have you add the Vendor ID in the adb_usb.ini? which is located in C:\Users\XXXX\.android\adb_usb.ini
    If MK908, in should be only one line "0x2207" inside the file.

3. Scott-M

Scott-M Member

TV Stick:
    MK908
    Sorry, I didn't see your reply, email ended up in my spam box!

I have added the id in and I can get adb in linux to see it as ????????? And the actual device if I run adb as root. Nothing in windows though.

4. linuxbaba

linuxbaba Member

TV Stick:
    MK809iii
    I have MK809III not MK908 nor MK809II. I believe they are same... What I did to get the adb works is ..
    1. change the android_winusb.inf
    Unde the [Google.NTx86] section add
    ;AndroidTV/MK809III
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01
    2. add the Vendor ID in the adb_usb.ini
    one line "0x2207" inside the file adb_usb.ini
    3. connect the usb port in the left side with my good usb micro cable....not the cable came with stick

5. Scott-M

Scott-M Member

TV Stick:
    MK908
    Thanks but I tried that already and had no luck. I just updated the MK908 to Bob Finless rom15 (4.2.2) and flashed the 4.1.1 update for the mk809II and both of them are now recognized by adb in Windows. Not sure what the issue was though.
    The mk809II was rooted when I bought it but the new 4.1.1 update is not. Pretty easy to do though, there is a guide n here somewhere.

6. linuxbaba

linuxbaba Member

TV Stick:
    MK809iii
Remove Advertisements