[Discussion] Here's what I have planned for Vondroid 4.2

Discussion in 'Firmware, Roms & Recovery' started by abtekk, Sep 20, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. abtekk

abtekk Developer

Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    Hi my fellow users, it would seem like Tuen has gone in to hiatus with the development of the Vondroid 4.x series and I'd like to take it upon myself to push out the next update. With 4.2 I will be focusing on fixing the bugs present in the current Vondroid editions (microphone issues, speaker issues, etc). In order to do this I will be building from scratch. No, this does NOT mean I have built AOSP from source, but I will be rebuilding Tuens additions from the stock firmware. Here's what I have planned:

- As close to AOSP as possible.
    - Microphone/speaker bugs fixed
    - New performance engine through init.d
    - Google Play fixes (some apps are still shown as incompatible on this device)
    - After 4.2 it will no longer be necessary to wipe your userdata, you can flash the system.img on its own.
    - Newer superuser and busybox

I'm mainly focusing on fixes rather than features. If there is any other issues you'd like me to address, please post below.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    Tuen likes this.
  2. seriesbajo

seriesbajo Member

Abtekk Hello!
    Thank you very much for your work!
    Any improvement will be phenomenal, in my opinion, changing the Stock Rom (which is installed) solving the problem presented only "has stopped the process com.android.phone" and would be fantastic!
    The wifi range is very good, better than the v 4.1 and FM radio, native email client and other android apks work fine without errors.
    This is the least that in my opinion should have, everything else would improve something pretty good.
    Thank you!

3. mikkokan

mikkokan Member

Phone:
    haier
    Thank you for your work!

I still have a problem with video recording. Usually about 1 minutes or longer recordings will freeze the camera software and the video is lost. I have to restart the phone in order to use camera again.

4. SOKO

SOKO Member

is this running???

5. RS500

RS500 Member

Phone:
    Android 4.0
    only things might help is a graphic equalizer to help hear the sounds a little better the wifi showing blue when connected and the 3g setting fixing have to keep saving them !

6. abdullahselim

abdullahselim Member

Phone:
    haier w718
    seriesbajo
    Haier_W718_4.0.3_Root_rek.V6 rom is much better with very high level ring tones search button will not close the screen radio can work without earphone connection battery performance is much better it is rooted with google play and it is standered android 4.0.3 not aliyun os
    for has stopped the process com.android.phone it is easy fix by factory reset after flashing i did it from the cwm (sound up + power) and select reset factory data work like charm or from the phone as in the video i posted ""

7. herbert buchanan

herbert buchanan Member

Tablet:
    nexus 7
    Phone:
    haier w718
    When will new rom be ready cant wait

Remove Advertisements