Custom Firmware Emotion Revolution V.3.1 (Emotroid Team) (update 08.08.2015)

Discussion in 'Custom ROMs' started by Sirrr, Nov 9, 2014.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Sirrr

Sirrr Member

Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi everybody,

I found on htcspain forum a new rom and kernel for N2. We should all give it a try and post our feedback. It seams that it is a modify version of Scorpio92's kernel. We cannot download and put the files on another server without the permission of user Kabata; to whom i thank and all the others for the effort to keep this phone as alive as possible.

Here is the original thread of the ROM and also here for Nadia kernel.

Here is the original thread of Scorpio92 kernel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

With the permission of KABATA <the developer of the ROM> from www.htcspain.com forum and PAF Team <the developers who modify SCORPIO92 's original kernel > and with the help from KINU (from the tester team of the ROM) i am posting here all the INFO from the original thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE INFO 08.08.2015:
    A NEW ROM IS OUT
    (BY KINU)

EMOTION REVOLUTION V.3.1

(EMOTROID TEAM)

ALL THE INFO AND THE DOWNLOAD LINK ARE AT THE END OF THE POST

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL THREAD FROM HTCSPAIN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE INFO 16.05.2015:

A NEW ROM IS OUT

EMOTION REVOLUTION V.2

(EMOTROID TEAM)

HERE IS THE ORGINAL THREAD FROM HTCSPAIN

UPDATE INFO 17.03.2015:

A NEW ROM IS OUT (EMOTION REVOLUTION V1)

+

a miniPATCH

UPDATE INFO 13.01.2015:
    A NEW KERNEL UPDATE IS ONLINE (r2)
    PLEASE CHECK THIS THREAD, READ ALL THE INFO, DOWNLOAD AND GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK.
    ALSO HERE IS THE ORGINAL THREAD FROM HTCSPAIN

UPDATE INFO 24.12.2014:

A NEW ROM VERSION IS OUT (v4.1)
    PLEASE READ ALL THE INFO BELOW, DOWNLOAD AND GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK.
    DOWNLOAD LINK AT THE END OF THE POST

UPDATE INFO 21.12.2014:

There is a new version (v4) of this ROM and the feedback's are really good! More fluid and stable then ever...

Once again I want to give my thanks to everyone involved and for their efforts to keep this phone as alive as possible.

I don't have any involvement whatsoever in the ROM. I just wanted to share the info.

PLEASE READ ALL THE INFO BELOW, DOWNLOAD AND GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

This is the NEW SENSATION STOCK (v4) + NADIA KERNEL ROM for Newman N2 by KABATA

It's based on stock ROM 00.18, using the Nadia Kernel (big thanks to PAF, see the post here ) and the super light Nova Launcher to get the fastest experience, but keeping a long battery life.

Ok, now I have to give a BIG THANK YOU for helping and supporting me:

• PAF: thank you, FRIEND, for teach me so much in so little time, and for your wonderful KERNEL. And patience, too.
    • AFLESTAT: thank you, FRIEND, for help me with this and all my ROMs
    • VANENO: thank you for help us with the kernel and the new ROM
    • KINU and POSESO: lasts joining the team and doing a great job as TESTERS
    • Last but not least, GRAN FRANLOV, helping a lot with the Newman forum, and helping to make this phone better than ever.
    And all the people supporting me and the forum: you make it great.

THE ROM:

-Rooted, plus Busybox (you have to install it, better from Trickster Mod)
    -New Lollipop boot animation
    -Heads Up notifications
    -Xposed and Gravitybox (remember, you have to run Xposed, install it, activate Gravitibox module, and restart the phone to have it all working)
    -Boefla Sound Control (Nadia kernel is compatible). This really enhance your sound, but you have to configure it well (see below)
    -init.d support, and tweaks for the kernel, speed, battery, etc.

What's new in the V4:

-Return to Nova Launcher. Last version is the best! See my configuration below.
    -We have a new data folder to free system space.
    -Cleaning of old and not needed libraries
    -All the old bugs are fixed. Led is working for notifications, you can focus using the camera button, external and internal SD are now accessible, and automatic APN recognition (ONO is the only failing by now, AFAIK, please ask for help if you are ONO user)
    -Please, enter System Settings - Display - Pulse notification light and set it ON to get the led working. And, if you don't get it to work with Whatsapp notifications, please change color of these to "cyan".

Known bug and workaround:

Well, 00.18 ROM and all derived from it are able to record Full HD (1080p) video, BUT cannot play it! So, what we have done is to include BSPlayer Free. So, if you have to or want to play any 1080p video, please choose BSPlayer when asked. See demo video, please.

link to video here
    INSTALLATION:

-Download the ROM file and put it in external or internal SD and download gapps too.
    -From Recovery: Full Wipes and format, system, data, cache and dalvik cache
    -Install ROM from internal or external SD
    -Install GAPPS for JB (this is mandatory, if not, you will get stuck when choosing language)
    -Reboot and enjoy!

PLEASE, REMEMBER!

-Try to adjust the settings in Trickster Mod (get it at Playstore), as instructed for the Nadia Kernel (see below for a short version)
    -In System Settings - Developer Options - Performance Mode, you can choose Power Saving Priority (slower, but better battery life) or Performance Priority (faster, and fast battery drain too)
    -If you have activated the Gravitybox module in Xposed framework, you can set in Developer Options too:
    -Window animation scale: .25x
    -Transistion animation scale: .25x
    -Animator duration scale: .5x
    -Background process limit: 3 or 4 (always returns to standard at boot)

HOW TO CONFIGURE TRICKSTER MOD TO GET THE MOST FROM NADIA KERNEL

-Read Ahead Buffer: 512 or 1024
    -IO Scheduler: row or zen
    -Frequency lock: ON
    -CPU min freq: 200 Mhz
    -CPU max freq: 1200 Mhz for battery, 1400 or 1500 for better performance
    -CPU governor: lulzactiveq or zZzmoove
    -CPU idle mode: AFTR+LPA
    -Dynamic Fsync: ON

How to configure lulzactiveq for better performance:

-dec_cpu_load: 50
    -hispeed_freq: 1400
    -hotplug_freq_1_1: 800000
    -hotplug_freq_2_0: 700000
    -hotplug_freq_2_1: 1000000
    -hotplug_freq_3_0: 900000
    -hotplug_freq_3_1: 1200000
    -hotplug_freq_4_0: 1100000
    -hotplug_rq_1_1: 200
    -hotplug_rq_2_0: 200
    -hotplug_rq_2_1: 400
    -hotplug_rq_3_0: 400
    -hotplug_rq_3_1: 500
    -hotplug_rq_4_0: 500
    -inc_cpu_load: 50
    -pump_down_step: 4
    -pump_up_step: 5
    -screen_off_max_step: 7 (you can set it to 10, or 15, if phone feels a little slow when returning from sleep mode. But it gets short your battery life. Try and see)

HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM NOVA LAUNCHER:

See screenshots, and very important, in Look and Feel, Scroll Speed and Animation Speed, set “Faster than light”

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

HOW TO CONFIGURE BOEFLA SOUND

Please, be aware as some people are reporting one channel in headphones, or no sound when receiving calls. With this recommended configuration the sound is working ok, and it gets a great enhancement from standard.

Check this post if you can't see the picture below.

[​IMG]

PLEASE, DOWNLOAD, TEST AND COMMENT!

Link to download the ROM v4

Link to download GAPPS (Google Apps)

By KABATA

4.1 VERSION

What's new in v4.1:

• Physical Camera Button: now launches the camera, can focus and shot the picture.
    • Camera, gallery, and edit from gallery completely fixed.
    • A lot of new tweaks to get a faster experience with less battery drain, if it's possible ;-)
    Installation. Please, be rigorous to get it all working at first try:

-Download the ROM file and put it in external or internal SD and download gapps too.
    -Recommended: always do a full CWM backup before you install any new ROM
    -From Recovery: Full Wipes and format, system, data, cache and dalvik cache
    -Install ROM from internal or external SD
    -Install GAPPS for JB (this is mandatory, if not, you will get stuck when choosing language)
    -Reboot and enjoy!​

LINK TO DOWNLOAD NEW ROM v4.1
    Link to download GAPPS (Google Apps)
    If you want to find all the info and updates of the kernel, you can also take a look

HERE, on vondroid
    or
    HERE, on the original kernel thread

from KABATA

EMOTION REVOLUTION V1 + NADIA KERNEL r2

We're just beginning a new ROM series for our Newman.

First notable change: the ROM name.

Emotroid Team has recruited me! What does this mean? A lot of new and better things to come!

Kinu is learning fast too. He is a tester, but has worked a lot with me. No words...

+THANK YOU:
    • First, you all, for follow us and our work.
    • Emotroid Team (THANK YOU)
    • Testers and Colaborators: every day, more people are joining us. They don't know what they're doing hahahahaha! KINU,VANENO;AFLESTAT,OREL (4pda) and SIRRR (Vondroid)
    All these new ROMS are coming without Xposed. All modding is hand made. See screenshots below

This new ROM is based on New Sensation 4.1, a beloved one for us, a work that all of you had appreciated. So THANK YOU again, for your patience and confidence.

+CHANGES FROM 4.1:
    • Kernel Nadia r2 from PAF.
    • No Xposed (anyway, you can install it, if you want).
    • Superuser and busybox included and working.
    • Gapps (Google Apps) are included in ROM, too.
    • 3minit battery (more than a thousand battery icons to choose from)+ Centered clock.
    • New Reboot Menu.
    • And some more surprises for you

+HOW TO INSTALL:
    • Download the ROM file and put it in external or internal SD
    • Enter CWM
    • Recommended: always do a full CWM backup before you install any new ROM
    • From Recovery: Full Wipes and format, system, data, cache and dalvik cache
    • Install ROM from internal or external SD
    • Reboot and enjoy!

+REMEMBER:
    GAPPS are included in the ROM now; no need to download them
    Please use BSPlayer for 1080p video playback
    • Allows to set animation to 0.25x in developer's options for a better fluency
    • Includes the recovery option in the main power menu
    • Added the option to take screenshot from the power menu
    HOW TO INSTALL THE PATCH:
    • Download the PATCH file and put it in external or internal SD
    • Enter CWM
    • Recommended: always do a full CWM backup before you install any new patch/ROM
    • Flash the PATCH from internal or external SD
    • Reboot

from KABATA

EMOTION REVOLUTION V.2
    (EMOTROID TEAM)

Here we go again! This is the second release of our ROM EMOTION REVOLUTION for our beloved Newman N2.

It's difficult to get better with this phone, but I think we have got a really beautiful ROM, but keeping it fluent.

I think you will like a lot the efforts and work of our mate in 4pda, OREL, and so KINU's. I don't have words enough to thank all the time (lot of it) that we have worked hand by hand. Thank you OREL and KINU.

+CHANGES FROM V.1
    • New kenel, compiled by me, some fixes and tweaks, based in Nadia kernel by PAF (based in Scorpio92 one). More fluent, better WiFi, low energy profile...
    • A lot of visual enhancements. Listview animations, etc. Thank you again, OREL.
    • We have swiped Boeffla by Viper, to get a better sound experience.
    • New application from Emotroid Team. You can see all the works and news from our team.
    • New Google Camera and Gallery, ported from Android 4.4.
    • New tweaks in init.d and buid.prop.
    • And more...
    +KNOWN BUGS
    • You must use VLC to play the videos recorded with the phone at 1080p. Every other is played ok with the default video player.
    • The original base was only Spanish, English and Russian. BUT KINU is making an effort to translate all the system apks, and I think you can use the phone in your native language, except for the new options in Settings (English only).
    • I'm sure you can catch some more, so please report it for fixing.
    +MENTIONS
    • The default CPU speed is set to 1000 mhz. Please use Trickster MOD to set the CPU to your liking. For best balance between battery and fluidity I (Sirrr) recommend 1.2 GHZ cpu speed.
    • The notification led for missed calls and sms is available only in blue color. LED is now integrated into system (thanks to OREL) and is working without any other app, but only in a single color.

+DOWNLOAD ROM LINK
    Download it from here

+
    As some users ask for it, here is a MOD to UNINSTALL 3MinitBattery

Download it from here
    Flash it from recovery

+
    Patch fix
    All the scrollable widgets are working with listview animation
    Download it from here
    Flash it from recovery

08.08.2015:
    MADE BY @kinu

EMOTION REVOLUTION V.3.1

(EMOTROID TEAM)

+THANKS

- Thank you thank you thank you to the great EMOTROID TEAM, who really began this, and specially to KABATA, for his kernel, dedication and help. Without all his help, this couldn't be possible. I can't forget PAF, HANSS and REGAÑA, from EMOTROID too. They have been helping, supporting, and giving me a lot of knowledge and time.

- Thank you, OREL, from 4pda, and all his work in his mods, that are included in this ROM.

- Thank you too to all the testers, VANENO, POSESO, AFLESTAT, SIRRR, DUYU, and a last time helper, ÁNGEL.

This version is based in Newman stock, just to try to make a better and get rid off some annoyances.

+CHANGES FROM V2:

- New kernel, compiled by KABATA with some fixes and progress from NADIA from PAF, or the SCORPIO's one (fluidity, WiFi, lower power use...)
    - We are using NEWMAN stock as base, so the charging bug is present (by now, KABATA is working hard in it, and I'm sure he can get it)
    - New windows animation. If you like speed, below I give you how to get more and more ;-)
    - We get back to BSPlayer, as the better option for the 1080p videos recorded by the phone. The stock Music app is back again to get rid off the "select tone from music library", and the stock camera and gallery, just because we think they are the best option for the Newman base.
    - Sound bugs fixed: now video records with sound, and fm radio can be listened.
    - I've put a numeric percent for battery.
    - Some apps are updated, as Nova launcher, the best for this ROM and phone.
    - New Tweaks in Init.d and Build.prop
    - And more...

+KNOWN BUGS

- Please, use BSPlayer to play the 1080p videos recorded with this phone.
    - In the first boot, the phone ask you to update the SuperSU binaries. Do it please, and you can get root without trouble.

+SETTINGS

- As last version, we have animated listviews. If you like another style, or set them off, you can go to Settings-Display-Listview.

- Windows animation
    This is how I use them: Settings-Developer Options and:
    -Set Forced GPU acceleration
    -Windows animation scale, 0,25x, or 0,5x, depends on your language (is a translation issue)
    -Transition animation scale, 0,25x, or 0,5x, depends on your language
    -Animation duration scale, 0,25x, or 0,5x, depends on your language

- For more speed you always can set off the three last options (Animation off)

- You can set too Settings-Developement Options - Low power mode, to get more battery duration

- Kernel settings:
    well, you can read the thread for the Nadia kernel from PAF, all the settings are valid. Cutting the long story short (Using Trickster Mod or Kernel Adiutor, remember to set them to run in boot):
    - Change I/O Scheduler to row or zen, and set buffer to 512-1024
    - Change max CPU speed. I set it to 1200Mhz, you can set it to 1400 or 1500, it works, but remember you will get the phone hotter and lower battery duration
    - Change cpu governor to luzactiveq. You will get better performance and power use
    - Low cpu voltages by 25-50mv, for every frequency, to get better power use. Don't get it lower, because you can get hangs.

This is my first ROM, so get my apologies in advance, and thank you for try it!

+INSTALL

- Use Tedascuen recovery.
    -MAKE A BACKUP
    - Do the 3 wipes (format/wipe user data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache)
    - Install

+DOWNLOAD LINK

Download here

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Duyu, kinu, Robit and 4 others like this.
  2. kabata

kabata Member

Zusatzmetall thank you for your words
    But i have only one dude,how do you have configure the rom?
    Sorry for my english

3. Sirrr

Sirrr Member

Phone:
    Newman N2
    Please be more explicit.

My first impressions after 2 hours on this rom:
    i think i can say it is as fluent as Natural ROM.
    I didn't find any major bugs so far.
    Antutu score: around 23.000.
    Heats up a little bit. But what is new in this area on N2...

Little bugs:
    "A Better Camera" app isn't working.
    The focus function of camera button doesnt work. Only works as shutter button. This I don't like.
    For Gravity Box to work you must install framework in Xposed, reboot, activate Modules, reboot.
    Am not yet convinced of Auto Brightness. I will test it more.
    You cannot set a specific mp3 phone ringtone from Music Library. Its FC.

I didn't test GPS yet, but i dont expect miracles here.

Data and Bluetooth are working.

Keep up the good work and improve it as much as possible. Thanks

4. kabata

kabata Member

To work a Better Camera only you install root browser and go to System/app and install apk.
    This it is the only form of which Xposed works, in this one and in any ROM
    If you are registered in Htcspain, already you will have seen that a post is to arrange since the GPS, done for my.
    Here you have:
    http://www.htcspain.com/foro/tutori...8/nuevo-gps_conf-para-newman-n2-europa-59198/
    Also you can prove only the Nadia kernel with Natural Rom:
    http://www.htcspain.com/foro/roms-n...-cm-miui-emotroid-team-kabata-htcspain-59599/
    It warms up much less than with any Rom with kernel stock

5. Sirrr

Sirrr Member

Phone:
    Newman N2
    kabata, i didn't quite understood what you said about A Better Camera, but i am most interested in the focus camera button function.
    Is there a way to make it work? It works in Xtreamer ROM and Natural ROM (only when you set auto focus form settings).

I will also try your MIUI version tomorrow

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  6. kabata

kabata Member

My versión MIUI is only in Spanish.
    Yes its very easy,but now i dont have the PC.
    Tomorrow i put one tutorial with the solutión.

7. Sirrr

Sirrr Member

Phone:
    Newman N2
    Too bad is only in Spanish. I am a Miui fan.

I will wait for the solution for the focus button. Thx

8. kabata

kabata Member

9. Sirrr

Sirrr Member

Phone:
    Newman N2
    It worked. Thx

10. Zusatzmetall

Zusatzmetall Member

Phone:
    Newman N2 - HTC Desire Z - Nokia C3
    I have the same problems as in the top of the posts already stated. The lower buttons: Menu, Home, Back and Search does not vibrate.

11. Sirrr

Sirrr Member

Phone:
    Newman N2
    http://vondroid.com/threads/collection-how-tos-noob-friendly.10478/#.VGJBssmfvTo

9.6. Hardware Buttons Haptic Feedback.
    1. Download CWM_HW_Haptic_Fix.zip
    2. Put it to your SD
    4. Boot into CWM and choose ”install zip from sdcard > chose zip from sdcard”
    5. Select "CWM_HW_Haptic_Fix.zip"
    6. Reboot and check "Vibrate on touch" under "System settings" > "Sound"

12. kabata

kabata Member

If you have more bugs,please put here and in New Rom i will try to arrange them.

13. vaneno

vaneno Member

Phone:
    newman n2
    (I hate the vibrate buttons hahahha, for me its like a feature)

I test some days this rom and maibe its soon to evaluate. I can report good sensation as lower consummation, and quickly response.
    I need to fix root (with zip of xda to solve supersu problem), and change launcher to holo launcher (the most simple for me).
    I can use gps fine (not as fast as nexus, but improvements are real) and at moment, my charging problems continues, and only solve (temporaly) chargin to 100% and make fuelgauge. I think its good work with some bugs to fix and kabata its my friend. If he dont solve it, i never talk again with he (muhahhahhaa) (y lo sabes)

14. kabata

kabata Member

I know very well Vaneno,thank you for be my tester.

15. kinu

kinu Member

Tablet:
    SAMSUMG SM-T210
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi all!

I've been using this ROM for a few days, and it is the best ROM I've ever tried for my Newman N2.

I think the new Nadia kernel has a lot to do with the smoothness and the really improved battery life (they have done something with the deep sleep state, and now it is really deep!?)

There are some bugs, sure, as it is the first release of the kernel and the ROM, but they are fixing them as quick as they appear.

Thank you very much for your work, kabata and team!

kabata likes this.
  16. kabata

kabata Member

Thank you Kinu,we are working to do the best kernel and ROM for this smartphone

17. Sirrr

Sirrr Member

Phone:
    Newman N2
    I also tried the MIUI version for a couple of hours. As much as i like it's interface and options, it is unusable for our Newman. Still way to heavy on RAM consumption. So is far from been fluent. I had 3 freezes in 2 hours when the free RAM hit below 60 MB! If you open 2-3 apps is over... Maybe it would be usable if nothing stays in memory and apps been killed right after closing.

Back on Sensation STOCK for more testing.
    I find Boeffla Sound not so helpful. The sound seems on the low side, especially with Boeffla activated: the ringing volume and the speaker.
    The ram management is good and the deep sleep is also good. I will try different CPU speeds and will see how apps and battery are responding.

Kabata, what app are you using for the LED Notification?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  18. kabata

kabata Member

Dont have led notification,activate the HeadsUp.
    Configure well the Boefla Sound, because if that it improves and very much the sound. Not well activated.
    It seeks in Internet one tutorial to form it since

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  19. @biz

@biz Member

Boefla sound did wonders to my newman's speaker, but I had problems with call function... I couldn't hear the other person on hands free, nor the internal phone speaker. They could hear me though. After reboot everything was fine. I did 3 wipes and format before installation but probably it didn't flash good. ...also later sound worked with Boefla turned on. I use newman as my primary cellphone so this bug is a bit anoying. Never the less gracias kabata for hard work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

20. Sirrr

Sirrr Member

Phone:
    Newman N2
    Same thing happened to me a couple of times. Didn't know why i couldn't here anything until i deactivated the Boeffla.

Remove Advertisements