Custom Firmware Emotion Revolution V.3.1 (Emotroid Team) (update 08.08.2015)

Discussion in 'Custom ROMs' started by Sirrr, Nov 9, 2014.

Remove Advertisements
  1. kinu

kinu Member

Tablet:
    SAMSUMG SM-T210
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Well, PAF and Regaña, from emotroid, just have teached me how to do a quick patch to remove it. We will include it when release the rom.

Regards!

2. Haldy

Haldy Member

Tablet:
    Asus ME301T
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Please,if you can fix the issue with BT handsfree, its not working for calling. Listening music is ok, but when calling, the other side don't hear me. I tried also turn off the Boeffla sound, but it doesn't help neither. And btw when the Boeffla sound is on and set as described in previous posts, it doesn't play when the headphone jack is inserted.

Thank you in advance

3. kinu

kinu Member

Tablet:
    SAMSUMG SM-T210
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    I Hadly. I'm not having trouble with BT (headphone and car one), but I think it could be solved because we have changed the base ROM, with a less buggy one.

About Boeffla, we have decided to park it out until we can fix it. Anyway, other things are on the pack, so be ready for some surprises!

4. kabata

kabata Member

Sorry the delay , but the improvements we have achieved , deserved it.
    Yesterday ended last ROM and testers , but disagreed , tomorrow afternoon will be yours.
    I have so much help, I can only thank everyone who got involved with me on improving this mobile.
    I can not list them all, but they already know who they are.
    And our ROMS which you prove the same, thank you.
    You will like much aesthetically , it is gorgeous and so far I can read .
    Sorry for my english

Duyu, Sirrr and Haldy like this.
  5. kinu

kinu Member

Tablet:
    SAMSUMG SM-T210
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Yes. As a tester, I can assure there will be some surprises. Be alert! Here we go!

6. Sirrr

Sirrr Member

Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi all!

A new ROM version is out! Please check the first post.

Thx again Kabata, Kinu and Emotroid Team for their hard work!

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    kinu and Haldy like this.
  7. kabata

kabata Member

Thanks Sirr for your work and for being our tester.

kinu likes this.
  8. Haldy

Haldy Member

Tablet:
    Asus ME301T
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi guys,
    thanks a lot for your time and big peace of work. I didn't resist and I tried your new ROM. Its really running more smoothly, but I found some problems with widgets.
    I tried also other launchers and the behavior is the same - some widgets not working or launcher crashes when adding the widget.
    The problem is with the Xtreamer Weather widget - when I click on the weather icon, I always get to the settings instead of weather forecast.
    The other widget, which is not working is agenda widget from the Business Calendar app.- this is not working at all.
    Both widgets were working fine with Emotion Revolution v1.

And one more thing: I don't like transparent Emotroid background in some apps. How can I revert to the stock background?

Thank you guys and thumbs up !

9. kinu

kinu Member

Tablet:
    SAMSUMG SM-T210
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi Haldy:

I'm not able to reproduce the widgets trouble. Xtreamer weather is working for me, and I have installed the calendar app and works too,and so the widgets.

Have you tried getting up the CPU frecuency? Mine is at 1200 max.

Try to reinstall without wipes.

About the Emotroid background, I will do a file to install from recovery to return to old background. Next week. I promise ;-)

Enviado desde mi Newman N2 mediante Tapatalk

10. Haldy

Haldy Member

Tablet:
    Asus ME301T
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi,

after first day of testing, I have mostly positive feeling. I must say the phone is running more smoothly.
    Anyway I had also problem, that I lost GSM signal today and I must restart the phone - I noticed when the signal icon was showing no signal in the work place, where I know that its fine. Anyway I hope it was just one time problem which will no occure again.

No, I didn't install any CPU settings app.
    Thanks a lot, btw I don't like even the colors in status bar, but I fixed it with the Gravitybox :)

Problems with widgets:
    I tried without even with wipes, but the behaviour is still the same, so its not only my problem - see attached pictures.
    Callendar.png Gmail.png Weather.png

I tried also Apex launcher and the behavior is the same - some widgets not working or launcher crashes when adding the widget. The problem with the Xtreamer Weather widget - when I click on the weather icon, I always get to the settings instead of weather forecast. The other widget, which is not working is agenda widget from the Business Calendar app.- this is not working at all. Both widgets were working fine with Emotion Revolution v1.

One small issue - during first startup (after full wipe), during the initial wizard - there is no option to connect to wifi, so my data are charged, till i finish or skip shis wizard and I'm able to connect to my wifi.

Problems which seems to be fixed:
    - daylight saving bug
    - battery charging issues
    - playing YouTube videos
    - calling with BT handsfree

Old known problems:
    - Google camera not working in sphere mode
    - camera not working in wide mode (all photos are 4:3), but its probably feature of this camera than a bug
    - 1080p videos playback only in VLC

Not tested yet: GPS (I used faster GPS to with settings for my country)

11. kinu

kinu Member

Tablet:
    SAMSUMG SM-T210
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi Hadly,

To fix the xtreamer behaviour you need to set the location by hand. Then in will work. Or it do for me.

About de Bussines Calendar, I have same problem with that widget. The calendar widget works ok, the day one is not working, nor the agenda.

And, of course, thank you very much for such an intensive testing, mate!

Kinu
    PS: tweak the cpu to 1200-1400 max with TricksterMod. It really makes the thing much more fluent, and funny to use.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  12. Duyu

Duyu Member

Tablet:
    Yeahpad
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S I9000; Newman N2,
    TV Stick:
    Raspberry Pi - RaspBMC
    Haldy!
    If you allready have Business Calendar Pro, download the BC 2 app. It's better then the first one, and untill you have the bc1 pro installed, you can use the bc2 as pro too ;o)
    Much better widgets too!

Haldy likes this.
  13. Haldy

Haldy Member

Tablet:
    Asus ME301T
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi guys,
    for Xtreamer weather widget - manual location works, but I hope it will work also with actual position (will see, when I get GPS signal).
    Some problem is also with Gmail widget - its empty (as you can see on screenshot in my previous post).
    For Business Calendar - Agenda widget - thx Horváth for your tip - BC 2 seems to be improved in many regards (I bought also Pro license for 1$, when I had BC 1 Pro), anyway the problem with agenda widget still persist :-(.

@Kinu: regarding CPU tweaking - which options did you set?
    I set only following and I see no difference, anyway its still much more fluent then anytime before :)
    Trickster.png

14. kinu

kinu Member

Tablet:
    SAMSUMG SM-T210
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi Haldy,

I copypaste from first post

-Read Ahead Buffer: 512 or 1024
    -IO Scheduler: row or zen
    -Frequency lock: ON
    -CPU min freq: 200 Mhz
    -CPU max freq: 1200 Mhz for battery, 1400 or 1500 for better performance
    -CPU governor: lulzactiveq or zZzmoove
    -CPU idle mode: AFTR+LPA
    -Dynamic Fsync: ON

Some people says using Idle+LPA makes the battery last 3 times more while in sleep. I personally prefer this, and use 1200 as max speed. You can find more tweaks in first post, but with these is enough to make the phone quicker. Anyway, a re-reading of first post could help you to make the thing run smoothly (nova launcher config, etc), if it is possible ;-)

Kinu

EDIT: Gmail widget fails for me too. Maybe the last nova launcher?
    EDIT2: I'm not able to get an automatic location with the xtreamer widget. Only manual. Maybe you can suggest any other simple but useful clock/weather widget for the next release.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  15. Haldy

Haldy Member

Tablet:
    Asus ME301T
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi kinu,

thx for the info regarding CPU & Governor settings. I know its on 1st page, but when I tried all the settings last time - with ROM v1 (Emotion Revolution v1), it wasn't good, so I revert back to stock. I will try "your" settings and I will let you know after some time.

reg. widgets problem - its not related to last version of Nova Launcher. I was thinking about that too, but I used new version also with ROM v1 and it was ok, also Apex Launcher behaves equally.

reg. automatic location in Xtreamer Widget - it was also ok with ROM v1. Anyway when I switched to manual and set my city, it was working fine (it shows detailed forecast after clicking on the bottom weather icon in the widget). And when I change it back to auto the location was saved and I believe it will work (it will be updated), once it will get new location from GPS.

Unfortunately I found 2 new problems, which I didn't observed with ROM v1:
    - Totalbox plugin for Total Commander not working (i tried also reinstall from Play)
    - any of logcat applications not working - even if I permit root access, it doesn't show any log (messages), so its hard to debug any problem....

EDIT: dis-functionality of Totalbox plugin in TC was caused by Deep Sleep mode in Greenify, so please disregard this problem

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  16. kinu

kinu Member

Tablet:
    SAMSUMG SM-T210
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi Haldy,

Yes, I'm getting mad installing 6 or 7 launchers to see if gmail widget works, but no result. Thinking about some system problem for some widget. really difficult to diagnose.

And you kill me with the logcat thing. I use it a lot for my modding :-(

The widgets things is really strange. I will translate it to the team. Regards

EDIT: about the logcat. Its disabled. You have to enable it. Now I don't remember how. I look for it and tell you

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  17. Haldy

Haldy Member

Tablet:
    Asus ME301T
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    I think it may be disabled in the kernel, but I found this:

shell@android:/ # cat /sys/kernel/logger_mode/logger_mode
    cat /sys/kernel/logger_mode/logger_mode

logger mode: 0 (disabled)
    shell@android:/ #

18. kinu

kinu Member

Tablet:
    SAMSUMG SM-T210
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    So You can use terminal? hehehe

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/logger_mode/logger_mode

and log is enabled and working.

Regards
    PS: I've found how to fix the music library error when you try to change ringtone. Have to make a patch, but is as easy as install de stock Music.apk in /system/app

19. G00DVIN

G00DVIN Member

live wallpapers season-zen not working, black screen

20. kinu

kinu Member

Tablet:
    SAMSUMG SM-T210
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Hi Goodvin. Form me are working. Did you made the 3 wipes for installing? Its strange, not only
    uploadfromtaptalk1432302227018.png
    for this one, but for the others too....]

EDIT: maybe you can try from "Settings" "Display" "Wallpaper" and not from the Nova's Options menu. Maybe...

Enviado desde mi Newman N2 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited: May 22, 2015
Remove Advertisements