Help with RK3066 Tablet

Discussion in 'Rockchip' started by mostachio, Nov 14, 2014.

Remove Advertisements
  1. mostachio

mostachio Member

Tablet:
    AMI-TT4
    Phone:
    S5
    Hi Vondroid,

I have a RK3066 Tablet, an Amicroe TouchTab IV ... (AMI-TT4)

Since updating the firmware on the device, I have inverted touch (both x & y axis) and inverted auto rotation.

The stock kernels for this device can be found here;
    http://www.amicroe.com.au/sp_drivers.aspx

Since flashing I've tried firmware #2 - Correct rotation but doesn't boot past initial android logo
    Firmware #3 - Incorrect rotation, incorrect touch axis, works fine otherwise
    Firmware #4 - Incorrect rotation, incorrect touch axis, works fine otherwise

I have disassembled the roms down to decompiling and recompiling system.img and boot.img and found the problem lies in build.prop (for auto-rotation) and kernel drivers for touch axis, both F#3 and #4 don't appear to be for this tablet as the auto rotation is by default 90 degrees whereas F#2 is 270. I just can't get firmware #2 to work.

I've tried editing build.prop auto-rotation in F#3 and F#4 and fixed that however touch is still inverted, and tried adding the kernel from F#2 into a F#3 rom but this soft bricks it again (as well as trying much much more)

Any ideas? Thanks

2. mostachio

mostachio Member

Tablet:
    AMI-TT4
    Phone:
    S5
    If I could just invert touch x & y axis for F#3 I'd have a working tablet, though I can't find how to do this...

After some further research, it appears I've overwritten my touch screen EEPROM with inverted values as these kernels likely modify the EEPROM hence stock firmware no longer working (likely #3 or #4). So I need to find something to flash/edit my EEPROM values back to original and then reflash #3 or #4 firmware... Which work perfectly apart from the rotation and inverted touchscreen.

Any ideas for maybe a rom that writes to RK3066 touch EEPROM? or how i'd go about restoring this? (got a feeling it'll be a different EEPROM for every touchscreen even though RK3066)

EDIT:

I think firmware 2 likely overwrote my touchscreen EEPROM and F#3 and F#4 don't appear to do this. Using a file scraper trawling through the roms files for phrases, F#2 has a lot more entries to check touchscreen type (and do other things) than the other 2 firmwares...

EDIT:

Just trying to find similar models that may flash to eeprom, the digitizer has P/N 300-L4567k-b00 which is the same as a MOMO19 (P903), DNS Airtab, Nevir NVR-TAB97, RoverPad 3W9.4 . Before I go flashing random kernels in the hopes they write my EEPROM back any advice on this? Thanks

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
Remove Advertisements