Impressed with N101 "22"

Discussion in 'N101 Order, Shipping and Experience' started by Tablet_Collector, Nov 20, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector Member

Tablet:
    Google Nexus 7
    Phone:
    Pipo Movie M3
    I have just received an N101 for review and I notice from the packaging that it has what looks like 22 on it.

I seem to recall from the days when I was considering buying one myself that this was the updated N101 mk1. The 22 turned out to be Chinese characters if I remember correctly. Is this what people now call the N101 +?

Anyway just to say wow! The screen is great, really bright and pin sharp and the speakers are very loud and sound great too!

It has an aluminium back and front facing speakers like the original design. To be honest I recently had an N101-II for comparison and while the single speaker wasn't bad these ones blow it out of the water. I also found the screen had a bit of a yellow tint on the N101 II.

Anyway just my thoughts.

Jez

2. rawos

rawos Member

But the wifi is still a crappy one isn't it?

i wish to buy one 'cause i don't like the M3 design too much, (expecially the connectors side) but i don't have the skills to do the wifi mod

3. Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector Member

Tablet:
    Google Nexus 7
    Phone:
    Pipo Movie M3
    Yes well now I have used it a bit I would say that wifi is the only bad point I have found. Wifi signal level is ok but connection speed seems to drop from 65mbps to 5mbps after a while. Is there any way around this?

Jez

4. rawos

rawos Member

5. Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector Member

Tablet:
    Google Nexus 7
    Phone:
    Pipo Movie M3
    Just a thought; on TV sticks like the MK808 which can suffer from poor wifi some people have used very cheap USB wireless n adapters to achieve 150mbps.

Would this work on the N101 or any other such tablet for that matter?

Jez

6. smokieg

smokieg Member

Tablet:
    Yuandao N101
    Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    as most people would know the poor wifi is a design fault with having a metal back cover causing poor wifi signal
    recently reading on the yuandao forum it looks like some units that have been sent back to them for "service" have been returned with new plastic back covers which i would assume would improve wifi signal and possibly screen bleeding issues too.

unfortunately from what i can gather from the google translation sending a unit back to one of the service centres
    is the only way to get a plastic one,they won't sell just the back cover.

7. rawos

rawos Member

i really don't understand. I like the thikness and the front dual speaker of n101 but i will never buy a tablet with such poor wifi connection, so Yuandao for save 0,5$ on a better wifi cable, will lose my money and possibly from many other people who read this forum :confused:

8. RASTAVIPER

RASTAVIPER VIP Supporter Member

Tablet:
    N101T on CFW 4.3
    Phone:
    LG NEXUS 4 16Gb, Rooted, Franco ker
    It's not the same with all units.
    Mine is working fine even 2 rooms further from router.