Kernel or overheat problem?

Discussion in 'C8 General Discussion' started by rambopfc, Nov 18, 2011.

Remove Advertisements
  1. rambopfc

rambopfc Member

Ok so I've asked around and looked around a number of times, and not found anything.

I've also tried every ROM that's been posted to these forums since I got the device (about 2 months ago), and they've all worked great (love Prox's work and the new ModTuen)
    but every one still gives me the same problem.
    I bought this tablet to surf and play games without bringing my laptop when traveling and most games, even heavy 3D ones work great except for one!
    This one game is Order and Chaos Online. As far as I know, this game doesn't run on any honeycomb tabs, so this tab(HeroTab c8) seemed like a great buy!
    The game runs great for the time that it does, it looks amazing and is very smooth but after any random amount of time, the whole tablet locks up and the screen fades to white.
    At first I thought it was a cooling issue, so I tried putting it on a cooling pad just to test, and even tried an ice pack! Still, after anywhere from 5 - 40 min the "white screen of death" shows up again, and while the device does get warm, I've felt it get warmer when playing other games just fine (Dungeon Hunter II!).

I've tried connecting to ADB and playing ready to try and view the logs at the time of the crash, but once it starts going white nothing responds.
    Could this actually be a kernel issue?
    Is there anyway I could get ADB to live monitor the logs so I can see what happens RIGHT before it crashes?

Maybe this could point out the problem for me, and I'll know whether or not to keep trying ROM's or just wait for a working kernel update.
    Hell maybe it would motivate me to help with building a new kernel, even though I haven't compiled kernels since running a Gentoo server about 6 years ago haha.

Thank you all for any help and also for the amazing work you do on these tabs!

2. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    It could be a hardware problem maybe? Do you have plugged the power on the tablet?
    Which tablet do you have? herotab? dropad?

3. rambopfc

rambopfc Member

HeroTab C8

I've tried tests with the power plugged and unplugged, all give the same result.

4. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    It could be a battery problem that make too much heat. or the cpu.

Remove Advertisements