Remove Advertisements
Remove Advertisements
  1. lepi

lepi Member

Phone:
    Newman N2
  2. toeter

toeter Member

I'm on MIUI 3.6.9 now and l'd like to install a dutch dictionary for the built-in Google keyboard. Is this possible?
    I also tried to install the Google keyboard apk from xda. but it gives me a parsing error.
    EDIT never mind, something went wrong in the download.

Using MIUI now with CrossBreeder and PureGraphics. Experiences:
    1 I cannot remap the camera button to a third party camera app (i use Snap camera)
    2 haptic feedback doesn't work for the soft keys.
    3 no led notification when receiving a message or phone call
    4 I use Juice defender and Profile Scheduler, but they're kicked out of the memory by MIUI
    5 there are small graphical glitches, most notably when scrolling
    6 (over)heating is a lot less

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  3. mdau

mdau Member

1. Open snap camera in a normal way, take a photo but using the hardware camera button (not by touch). after you are able to take a photo now return home and try to press the camera button to open the app. It worked for me.
    3. LED notification has never worked for me in any miui rom

4. mdau

mdau Member

anyone who has solution for call pick up, and hang up delay in MIUI. I have tried to disable firewall and clear data and cache, update firmware and bp, but it didnt help

5. toeter

toeter Member

EDIT: some more points

7 Phone will freeze for seconds a few times a day. Sometimes this takes so long that it gets unuseable. This is the biggest issue of this ROM IMO, and it really needs to be fixed.
    8 battery life is OK

EDIT2: I uninstalled JuiceDefender, and this seems to diminish UI lag a lot. Let's see if that was the problem..

9 UI changes (for example change of lockscreen) are lost after rebooting the phone

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  6. glokesh_007

glokesh_007 Member

Phone:
    NEWMAN N2
    Dear Friends, Pls help i flashed miui 3.8.2 android 4.1.1 on my newman n2 and facing lot of problems
    1) The mobile has become unstable, gets hanged frequently
    2) Not able to update through OTA mode or in any mode.
    3) Could not load CWM recovery mode to replace firmware.
    4) After installation of above firmware, it is not allowing any .zip updates or new rom by giving E signature verification failed and aborted.
    Anyone kindly help as i have tried many methods to recovery and rollback to old firware but in vain.
    Regards
    Lokesh

7. mdau

mdau Member

Try to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache and reinstall the rom

8. glokesh_007

glokesh_007 Member

Phone:
    NEWMAN N2
    I tried wiping data and partition wiping but could not upload a new rom nor any .zip files. How to wipe cache and dalvik. Pls help

9. mdau

mdau Member

Do you have CWM recovery?? if you dont search on this forum (in FAQ, how to flash CWM). Flash it then go into recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, go to advanced-wipe dalvik cache. then flash the rom with CWM.

10. glokesh_007

glokesh_007 Member

Phone:
    NEWMAN N2
    i TRIED WITH ROM MANAGER, SUPER SU,& CWM-Recovery-v.6.0.2.9-by-Findlee-v.1,[VonDroid.com]-CWM-SuperSU-v0.96,recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.0-aries-20130406-signed-TEST,Root_SuperSU_0_96_Only-signed,rom-manager-premium_5.5.3.0_HiAppHere_com & SOME MORE BUT NOT ABLE REACH TO CWM MODE AND ROLL BACK NOR UPDATE WITH A NEW ROM. SAME ERROR AS I MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY. PLS HELP.

11. mdau

mdau Member

i doubt if you flashed CWM and the rom correctly. Start with the guides for installing CWM and flashing new roms in this guide http://vondroid.com/threads/collection-how-tos-noob-friendly.10478/. Then i suggest you install the latest miui rom instead of 3.8.2. The guide has everything you need to know, just be attentive

12. Haldy

Haldy Member

Tablet:
    Asus ME301T
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    Anybody solved the problem with the delay after the phone Call was received ? For me its happening only for some calls (some calls are picked up immediately). I think it depends on the previous status of the phone - it it was in sleep/awake or something.

13. glokesh_007

glokesh_007 Member

Phone:
    NEWMAN N2
    THANK YOU MDAU, IT WORKED. ANOTHER PROBLEM IS MY MIC VOLUME IS VERY LOW AND OPPOSITE PERSON RECEIVING MY CALL CANNOT HEAR MY VOICE CLEARLY WITH CLARITY, THE VOLUME IS TOO LOW AND FUZZY SOUND IN THE BACKGROUND FOR THE RECEIVING PERSON. pLS HELP.

14. mrdidit

mrdidit Supporter Member

Tablet:
    Cube U30GT
    Phone:
    Nexus 5
    Caps lock?

Tapatalk 4 Beta

15. mdau

mdau Member

I still experience the problem. But meanwhile i am starting to think that may be assigning a contact photo to the contact is the cause. It should not be happening anyway!

Sent from my Newman N2 using Tapatalk 2

16. Haldy

Haldy Member

Tablet:
    Asus ME301T
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    I'm trying to update MIUI (from 3.8.30 to 3.9.27), but I cannot succeed - without wipe. Anybody understand this problem ?
    Screenshot_2013_09_28_19.50.39.png

UPDATE: problem was that previous version of MIUI was flashed with older version of CWM.
    I downgraded CWM and then the flash was successful.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  17. Security000

Security000 Member

Velikiy Novgorod, Novgorodskaya Oblast', Russia
    maybe wipe into rom when installing?

18. ToysLand

ToysLand Member

i can't update, i downloaded the last update file, but nothig, i tryed all version of cwm, what can i do?

19. Haldy

Haldy Member

Tablet:
    Asus ME301T
    Phone:
    Newman N2
    ToysLand: Try 4-wipes (data/factory reset, cache, dalvik and format /system) and then install ROM (zip) from here. If you want other languages, then install also this one.
    Recommended steps are:
    • Download and flash our current English Only ROM
    • then flash the chosen language pack on top of it. (DO NOT WIPE)
    • REBOOT
    • Install Gapps 4.1.x : HERE

For others:
    what is the best way to update on recent version, if you already have older version of Multilang MIUI v5 ?
    I tried previous steps without wipe, but when the 1st package (English ROM) was installed, it formated also my data partition :-(.
    I don't wanna make restore from Titanium after every update.

20. ToysLand

ToysLand Member

For others: what is the best way to update on recent version, if you already have older version of Multilang MIUI v5 ?
    I tried previous steps without wipe, but when the 1st package (English ROM) was installed, it formated also my data partition :-(.
    I don't wanna make restore from Titanium after every update.[/quote]

this is my problem!! i downloaded the last update (aboud 4.8mb) but i can't do nothing always error

Remove Advertisements