N101 CE marking Declaration of Conformity

Discussion in 'N101 Order, Shipping and Experience' started by MarvinO, Aug 21, 2012.

Remove Advertisements
  1. MarvinO

MarvinO Member

Does anyone have experience with this? Seems that the fantastic Customs/Technical Surveilance Authority of Estonia have nothing better to to than open boxes and deny everything that does not have a CE marking on it. Trying to get the certification for the AliExpress seller seems a dead end...

So this is a call for information and also a WARNING!!! that under EU law it seems it is not legal to import the unit and it's only a question of luck if it is allowed to be imported.

2. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    From who on aliexpress did you order? because on eternal team, they put some paper into the box.
    The charger I've got a CE label. on the tab i need to search it.

3. Piers

Piers Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See signature
    Phone:
    See signature
    TV Stick:
    See signature
    LOL. I think these devices are CE certified, however even the branded versions don't have official CE markings. There is a law about the battery within the EU BUT if the UK customs are happy with them (the strictest customs in the EU) then I don't see why Estonia would be like that.

4. MarvinO

MarvinO Member

And that's it.. it's going back to HK. EU laws state, that the unit MUST have markings on it and the one sent to me was OEM version. Even after the seller supplied the full CE conformity report it is of no use because nowhere on the item, box or user manual does it say that it is N101. So be VERY careful in small EU countries that have no problem checking EACH and every item that arrives from outside the EU.

The requirements for marking are provided in the Chapter III of the R&TTE Directive:

CHAPTER III
    CE CONFORMITY MARKING AND INSCRIPTIONS
    Article 12
    CE marking
    1. Apparatus complying with all relevant essential requirements shall bear the EC conformity marking referred to in Annex VII. It shall be affixed under the responsibility of the manufacturer, his authorized representative within the Community or the person responsible for placing the apparatus on the market.
    Where the procedures identified in Annex III, IV or V are used, the marking shall be accompanied by the identification number of the notified body referred to in Article 11(1). Radio equipment shall in addition be accompanied by the equipment class identifier where such indentifier has been assigned. Any other marking may be affixed to the equipment provided that the visibility and legibility of the EC marking is not thereby reduced.
    2. No apparatus, whether or not it complies with the relevant essential requirements, may bear any other marking which is likely to deceive third parties as to the meaning and form of the EC marking specified in Annex VII.
    3. The competent Member State shall take appropriate action against any person who has affixed a marking not in conformity with paragraphs 1 and 2. If the person who affixed the marking is not identifiable, appropriate action may be taken against the holder of the apparatus at the time when non-compliance was discovered.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4. Apparatus shall be identified by the manufacturer by means of type, batch and/or serial numbers and by the name of the manufacturer or the person responsible for placing the apparatus on the market.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The EU directive is online here:
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31999L0005:EN:HTML

5. THE_Shev

THE_Shev Member

Tablet:
    CUBE U30GT2
    Phone:
    HTC DESIRE
    Same issue here, the tab will be picked up tomorrow by a service that is going to investigate the tab, most likely it is also not CE certified.
    To do with the radio frequency or something.

6. MarvinO

MarvinO Member

May I ask what country? Seems that the newest EU members are the most eager to check for compliance while the old and big just allow everything through. Sad really.

7. THE_Shev

THE_Shev Member

Tablet:
    CUBE U30GT2
    Phone:
    HTC DESIRE
    Belgium :)

8. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    I'm also from Belgium. How did you send it? and what did they declared on the paper? (they declared mine as tablet pc with a value of +/-100 euro)
    If you want to reorder, just wait a few weeks, because we will support a trusted seller to sell tab. More information will coming soon!!

9. THE_Shev

THE_Shev Member

Tablet:
    CUBE U30GT2
    Phone:
    HTC DESIRE
    Sent with China registered airmail and ask to put a value of around 100euro on it.
    What they did, i can only guess.
    They have been telling stories from beginning i think.

I have until mid september to make a complaint with paypal. (45days)--> not receiving goods

Hopefully by the end of next week, i will have a final verdict on the matter.

10. MarvinO

MarvinO Member

Well what I'm talking about is not the value of the item or the declared value. In Estonia the customs technical surveillance unit did not even allow it to be imported based on EU laws. OEM version has no model or manufacturer markings so even when I provided CE certification they have no way in determining that the certification is for that device. So they declined the item and returned to sender.

DHL returned it to sender. Even got a tracking number for the return journey. Customs told me that destroying the item would have been the second choice and much more costly than returning to sender.

11. smileypete

smileypete Member

Tablet:
    7" MID Cortex A8
    It's a complete joke really, like a lot of government they're there to serve themselves and their cushy jobs and not you! Some of the cheap LED lightbulbs on ebay for a few $$$ likely create far more RFI than a touchscreen tablet. :?

Maybe try to explain that it's OEM and normally the branding model and CE mark would be silk screen printed to the back of the unit, but the exporter let it slip.

cheers, Pete.

Remove Advertisements