Pioneer APPRADIO

Discussion in 'MK802 IV' started by Basmand, Nov 3, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi,
    I am using my MK820IV stick connected to my car radio "Pioneer appradio DA-100", I have constant USB power to the stick so it always are ready to do a Bluetooth connection with the radio. This setup seams to be a fairly good solution, but I have a big problem, it seams that there is not enough power in the USB connection, probably only 1000mA, so when I connect my mobile hotspot from my Samsung S4, connection goes on and off all the time. Then I did the test with 220 volts charger connect to stick and there was no problem Bluetooth problem, stick and radio connected at once. What can I do, I have read about fast charging kernel??? I am not a programmer so don't know what that's means.

UPDATE:

Got one more question, I have discovered that even with constant power on stick, over night stick close completely down? I have installed “Wake My Android Pro” but without any luck! So is there a function in the firmware, that I can use so it always will stay a wake like a ordinary phone???

Best Regards
    Michael

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  2. Rikomagic

Rikomagic Supporter Verified Store Member

TV Stick:
    MK902,MK802IV,MK802IIIS,MK602,MK802III,MK802II
    HI Sir,
    The MK802IV charges more than MK802IIIS, it should be connected with 5V2A power adapter to support it. I dont think the Car USB port can support.

3. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV

Hi

Thanks for your answer, yes I think that I have a power issue, I have an USB adapter that's supplies with 2.1A and that is not enough That`s probably why I have WiFi on and off connection, be course in my home it works perfect. (Do you think I I use an "Fast Charging USB cable" that it will give me more power, and where is the best connection ordinary power port or one of the USB port?

Michael

4. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Update:
    Power Issue:

Have now built a Fast charging USB cable together with install of an 5v2,1A USB connector, so now have plenty and constant power to support MK802IV stick in my car.

Android System Close Down Issue:
    Still have this issue even after that stick is provided with power 24 hours a day. Stick close down completely after some time, maybe hours I don't know? I cant find any thing in the systems settings that I can change to prevent this!! CLOSE DOWN IS NO GO IF I SHALL USE THIS SOLUTION

Mobile Hotspot From My Phone Issue:
    Still have this issue, when I connect mobile hotspot from my Samsung S4 phone connection goes on and off all the time, very seldom it will connect. I have manage to get more often and stable connection, by changing settings from DHCP to static and change DNS 1 to 8.8.8.8 and DNS 2 to 8.8.4.4. This will give me internet access, but be course that stick power down it cant remember internet settings and I need to do the changes every time/day. Is there an option in the settings to save these settings??

General Feedback:
    First I have a perfect solution with my Samsung S4 phone connect to Pioneer APPRADIO, working with ARL or ARU control software. This "playing" with a stick has confirmed me that in many ways stick solution I preferable, Samsung phone get very hot and MHL adaptor is not always stable. What probably will be the main issue for dumping stick solution are if I not can find a way of keeping stick "alive" 24 hours a day like a ordinary phone, as you can see this closing down "kills" a lot off other processes including internet access.

Michael

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  5. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV

Feedback 06. November 2013
    I have nearly solved all issues, to give a short explanation on how APPRADIO works with Stick/phone. Bluetooth connection transfers touch from Pioneer APPRADIO 7 inch screen to stick/phone in order to control and activate apps, players and so on. HDMI cable connections transfers video/sound from stick/phone to APPRADIO.
    Android System Close Down Issue:
    Is now solved, it was my mistake, I thought that it was android system that closed down over night, but it was Bluetooth connection who vent into sleep/idle mode, that meant connection between stick and radio was down every morning . I have now changed Bluetooth setting to never close Bluetooth connection.
    Mobile Hotspot From My Phone Issue:
    This issue is nearly solver, due to change in DHCP and DNS setting connection is more stable, during 2 and a half hour commuting this day, connection was not super but durable. So it is not the stick that is the problem, but "Hotspot" in general!!

New Issue "Menu line"
    Question: is it possible to move or enlarge menu line in bottom of the screen, I can not access these functions on APPRADIO, be course menu line is to small due to APPRADIO screen resolution 800X480 and the touch function on the radio doesn't work so close to the screen edge. I especially misses the opportunity to close down, be course I discovered that my DHCP setting wasn't saved when I did a hard kill, just take power from stick. My solution are that I am using an app that has reboot possibilities.

Michael

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  6. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV

Hi

RKM please give me an answer about how to change menu line or say that it is not possible to change, be course I also cant see system/application information presented in the lower right corner beside the watch.

Michael

7. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi

• Still anyone that knows how to enlarge menu bar in the bottom off the screen
    • This afternoon I will test an injector app, that hopefully will support all my GPS apps on the stick with GPS data from my Pioneer APPRADIO.

Michael:cool:

8. Rikomagic

Rikomagic Supporter Verified Store Member

TV Stick:
    MK902,MK802IV,MK802IIIS,MK602,MK802III,MK802II
    As the mini pc is almost used at home, the status menu is large enough for operation. It can not be enlarge. Sorry.

9. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV

Hi

Thanks for your answer, Still it is a great product!!

Michael

10. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  11. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi
    UPDATE 17-11-13
    After I yesterday installed "Rikomagic MK802IV OFW" from this forum, all my Mobil hotspot / Wi-Fi troubles is gone, in the new firmware there is a strong improvement in WiFi performance. At the same time I changed default launcher to "Action launcher PRO" gave me a bigger menu line so I can read all the notifications, if this is be course of the new firmware or new launcher do I not know!!! Also installed Beta ARUnchained014 stick version, that gave me access to all the main bottoms on my Pioneer HU. Last thing that works now are Bluetooth connection to my car ODBII reader that reads all code and data from my cars main control box.

To do
    • Try to get my Samsung S4 phone Bluetooth connect to stick and test what that I can access from phone to stick.
    • When I open an application from Pioneer first time it shall do a touch screen calibration test, works perfect, problem are that it not saves data and the next time it demands a calibrations test again "Dam" don't know what's wrong????
    Basmand

12. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    UPDATE 27-11-2013
    Calibration has now been solved by AREA51 Advanced Technology programmer/developer of the "ARUnchained014 stick version" (see more on xdadevelopers homepage) problem was that HDMI stick change HMISerial_Key every time it connects to APPARADIO, and therefor this radio wants to do a new calibration!! every time we connects. This issue was nearly killing us, but again a great thanks and keep up the great work to AREA51 Advanced Technology.

Basmand

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  13. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Update 3-12-2013
    "Menu line"
    Question 1: is it possible to move or enlarge menu line in bottom of the screen, I can not access these functions on APPRADIO, be course menu line is to small due to APPRADIO screen resolution 800X480 and the touch function on the radio doesn't work so close to the screen edge. I especially misses the opportunity to close down, be course I discovered that my DHCP setting wasn't saved when I did a hard kill, just take power from stick. My solution are that I am using an app that has reboot possibilities.
    Answer question 1:

Has been solved, was my mistake!! yesterday I discovered that this function works like on a ordinary phone, just pull down from top of the touch screen and the notification line pops up!! perfect now I can access all massages, don't rely need the other functions like adjust sound, turn off unit and go back, be course I have all these functions in the APPRADIO!!

Question 2:
    I have discovered that even with constant power on stick, over night stick close completely down? I have installed “Wake My Android Pro” but without any luck! So is there a function in the firmware, that I can use so it always will stay a wake like a ordinary phone???
    Answer question 2:
    I still don't have solved this issue completely, even with constant power on HDMI stick, but I think I have found the problem, normally when you connect a phone to the Pioneer APPRADIO, it get input from HDMI, and at the same time it connect to Bluetooth!! With stick permanent on it newer detects HDMI connection only Bluetooth connection and that is probable the problem, not a big deal, I just disconnect stick and connect HDMI connection again, but it would have been nice if it could go automatically.

I will be much appreciated if some of you that reads this threads, have an answer to my questions, be course myself and others have spend many hours to solve all the different issues, with using a sick in combination with Pioneer APPRADIO!!
    Basmand

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  14. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi, greetings from Denmark!!!!

Update 7-12-2013

Sorry to say on this forum, but have change my ROM in order to solve some of my last issues, now on NEOMODE 1,9 ROM "Antutu benchmark" test 18075 quit good, but still that issue with rom closing down when APPRADIO close HDMI and Bluetooth connection!! After a mail from NEOMODE issue seams to come when TFT connection closes from Pioneer APPRADIO, then stick think that it can go to sleep!! Must be a solution for that????????????????????

Again the Lord and Master of the universe "AREA51 Advanced Technology" did a fantastic job with his ARU.015 stick version, now we can access hole screen, including the menu line in the bottom of the screen, no big deal on the TV, but this has been a big issue on the cars 7 inch screen

Basmand

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  15. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    I think i need spend some time on this device.. But too busy the last time so can't try it.. But there will be develop soon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basmand likes this.
  16. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi

Great, I was quit happy with your ROM, but as you can read I am fighting with a lot of issue, that people that uses stick on TV don't have, so will be more than happy to see more from you!! so my change to NEOMODE 1,9 was in hope to solve TFT problem when APPARADIO close down!!

Best regards
    Michael

17. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi

When you are doing your magical stuff with an firmware update, will it be possible to have "location, HDMI (not under screen but as a separate menu) and power management included in general setting's??

Sorry just forgot my TFT issue if it is not to much to ask for, that stick don't close or sleep when disconnected from TFT (Screen or TV)

Best
    Michael

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  18. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi
    Update:

Every day it seams like I am finding a solution or other have a good idea!! One of the bigger issues was to BT connect HDMI stick and a ordinary phone at the same time to the Pioneer APPRADIO!! Well some of you will say how can that be a problem, I can BT connect multiple devices to my stick/phone, yes but remember be course APPRADIO work in a way that BT connection controls input to touch screen and HDMI connection control video and sound, 2 BT connected devices fighting of touch screen control, and most of the time stick isn't the winner and even so, it also takes control over the phone part, that are not so good, be course as we all know, there are no phone functionality in stick:

Now I have found the setup that BT connect my stick and Samsung S4 phone at the same time!!

First pair phone and stick to the APPRADIO, normal BT procedure !!

How to connect in daily use:
    1. Disable BT on phone
    2. Connect stick and se that it work! Video and sound is on at once and hopefully touch screen control works to!!!
    3. Enable BT on phone
    4 When prompt on phone for what BT I want to connect press on APPRADIO

After doing these 4 steps BT connection works every time and I can make and receive phone calls at the same time, as stick are running android applications, and what's the scope in this story, are that the touch screen works and perform perfect.!! Funny enough when done this way, somehow APPRADIO accept stick and pair ordinary phone to the "phone part of the system"

Well not as fast and "smart" as on a phone, but the 4 steps dose not take very long time to perform!!! and compared with all the problem you can have on a ordinary phone, I THINK that the stick solution is a very good alternative. Before I began all my work on this MK802IV stick, I have used Motorola Droid and latest a Samsung S4, both has been connected with ARL and ARU control software, and as it seams now and how well stick is working, I will probably not go back to use a ordinary phone with my Pioneer APPRADIO.

Last issue to be solver (I think) are that "TUEN" in his next firmware update will or can prevent that stick close or sleep when disconnected from TFT (APPRADIO)!!! I am not a developer so I don't know if that is a function in the kernel or system??

Basmand

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  19. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi Tuen

Do you have any idea, when we can expect a new release and just a question, do you know where in the ROM my problem with stick closing down when re-connected from TFT on Pioneer APPRADIO is it in kernel, system or boot??

Best regards

Michael

20. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi

Update:
    I have now solved this issue about location in general settings, did some work, unpacked firmware and moved system.img to Linux mount and did some change in system/app, build.prop and settings.xml. Now I know why I am not a developer, it is very easy to "F***" it up!!

Happy to see what "Tuen" will make for an update to this firmware!!

PS!! I still haven't found where to change TFT settings!!

Michael

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
Remove Advertisements