Pioneer APPRADIO

Discussion in 'MK802 IV' started by Basmand, Nov 3, 2013.

Remove Advertisements
  1. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Update to TFT settings:
    My problem was not a matter of TFT connection being disconnected, I have found the solution to this problem that stick boot every time I start/stop my car, when I did my setup in the car, I connected stick to constant power from my cars original "radio" power cable net, but on many cars when you start power are cut just for a split second to give a much power to the engine as possible, that will not delete settings in radio, but stick reboots. Now I have a cable direct from battery, and stick are always ready to connect to APPRADIO (ARU) never boot, it works like a dream (10 seconds at the maximum and I am connected)

Michael

2. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi

I have done some test with the new beta version of kit kat 4.4.2, works pretty good, as they say a very slow kernel 13100 Antutu benchmark points really some developer needs to do something!!, next was some Root problems, I was able to solve them and finally there seams to be some thing with the Bluetooth driver I can do paring, but get stock in 75% when doing the connection afterwards.

Michael

3. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Update on TFT settings / Stick re-boot!!

Finally after sometime I have found what the really problem are, my focus has been on the firmware be course my stick have constant power direct with a wire from car battery to converter. It is simply power drop when I start my car, starter engine pulls enough power that there are a small power glitz, enough that stick detects it and re-boots. Tomorrow I will receive some components (4700uf electrolyte/capacitor and a 6a diode that will prevent power going from electrolyte to car battery instead of support my stick with power) that setup will hopefully hold enough power for that 1 or 2 second it takes to my car to start. If 4700uf don't work, my plan are to try the next step 10000uf electrolyte/capacitor.

Update: 08-01-2014
    Just for info, I installed the 4700uf capacitor with a 6a diode in front, after the first initial tests, can I say that it works!! No power drop when I start my car and of course no reboot. If the success goes on, I will do the same with the APPRADIO, so it not need to connect again if I just turn of the engine but not the ignition for a short moment.

Michael

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  4. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    or maybe try something like a small ups?

5. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi
    Yes I like that idea it is defiantly a possibility, but until now at a cost of 3 dollars, my solution with the capacitor + diode seams to work!!!

Tuen, not that I will "push" on you, when do you think that we will get an update of your firmware, I am back on your firmware, I has tried a lot of other ROM`s on the internet, but most of them gives me problem with Bluetooth connection, yours works perfect!!

Michael

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  6. Tuen

Tuen Staff Member Administrator

Tablet:
    See Signature
    Phone:
    See Signature
    I'll create a firmware, because the latest RKM firmware isn't so stable as it should be. but my time is limited at the moment. but don't worry it will come xD
    bluetooth on the OFW of RKM should also work? isn't it?

7. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV

Yes Bluetooth works perfect on OFW of RKM, I know I "push" the limits, be course I use Bluetooth connection to control touch screen!!

Michael

8. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    UPDATE
    Bluetooth on OFW of RKM, as said before works perfect, just noted some problem when connected stick to WiFi at the same time as connected to Bluetooth, I discover some kind of interference, be course WIFI and BT transmits at the same frequency area. This problem do that I loose BT connection and cant control touch screen!! This project seams to be an never ending story, as soon as one subject has been solved, a new one are standing and "knocking on the door". Well that's life, I am testing channel shift on my mobile hot spot, I am at the moment on channel 11 and will see if this will give any thing in terms of better BT connection!!

Have read on the "net" that shift between ROM/kernel can help or move WIFI up to the 5 gig area, but that's not an option on this stick!!

Michael

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  9. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi
    When I did 1 hour of commuting this afternoon, I installed a WIFI-hotspot app on my Samsung S4 phone just as a test, during that time there was no BT/WIFI interference??. Unfortunately I do not have enough technical background to decide if this app are running by itself or using my phones inbuilt hotspot feature?? But something has happened. I will do 3 hours commuting tomorrow, so there will be more than sufficient time for a more adequate test.

Michael

10. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    UPDATE 16-01-2014
    Today I did nearly 3 hours driving, with my WIFI-app on, no BT lack or no WIFI/BT interference so it seams that it is only with my Samsung S4 stock WIFI-hotspot that I get the problem, that BT disconnects???? Well I hope that with this free WIFI-app my problems are solved!!!

Now I am finally where it works as I want to have it, of course I will be glad when "Tuen" releases his next firmware version, and we will have a version that are/and works stable

Michael

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  11. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV

UPDATE 21-01-2014
    WIFI works "rock steady" I have no problem after installing this WIFI app, now I am just wondering if I also have the cheap CPU version "RK3188-T", that only goes up to 1,42 GHz instead of RK3188 that go up to 1,8 GHz as RKM says in there spec papers!! I will test that when I have a version with a custom kernel, that allows oc!! My guess are that I unfortunately have this cheap version, and that maybe explain the low fps rate on 2d/3D movies. (Antutu Benchmark)

PS!! In accordance to different CPU SPY/READERS my CPU min are 312 and max are 1,42 GHZ.

Michael

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  12. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV

Hi

Today I took apart my MK802IV to see what RK-3188 cpu there was inside, and gladly there was the RK-3188 that goes up to 1,8GHz. and not the cheap RK-3188-T. To day I also installed a custom kernel and the speed went up to 1,61GHZ from 1,42 GHZ and my Antutu benchmark says now 18001 pretty good I think. For my use that speed are good enough and I am not interested in install cooling and so on to push speed up nearby the 1,8GHZ but I have seen people talking about Antutu Benchmark near 21000????????

Michael

13. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV

Hi

Next thing to begin working on are the GPU settings, how to increase the FPS rate on the 2D/3D video test. My stick is maximum scoring 12,1 FPS and just to compare my Samsung S4 phone are doing maximum 37 FPS and that number gives more than 7000 points in the Antutu Benchmark test compared to the 2100 point my MK802IV got!. I do not expect this "low" price stick to come nearby that number, but some kind of oc on the GPU shout be possible!! and now everything are working at its optimal, why not give this issue a try??

Michael

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  14. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi

I am not so sure anyway, that there hasn't been made some changes in the clock frequency on this RK-3188 CPU from the manufacture. During the last days, I have read a lot off commercials for the different Android sticks that have RK-3188 CPU on-board, and there has been mentioned a lot of different clock frequency, BUT IN MOSTE OF THE NEWER COMMERCIALS THEY wrights 1,6GHZ and not 1,8GHz as in the beginning. Well lets see what different developers can do about oc, best news are that this CPU isn't hard locked , that has been tested on stock ROM.

Michael

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  15. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    UPDATE 06-02-2014
    I have tried some different oc kernels, yes I got CPU 1800 MHz faster GPU and RAM; but my system got very unstable, so I am back to this light oc kernel running CPU 1600 MHZ stock GPU 532 MHz and stock RAM. In my configuration in the car with an 7 inch screen, I don't think that 1000 Antutu points will give me speed and better picture, when I at the same time gets an unstable system. Well but!!!! of course I will go for a better and faster ROM and try new oc kernels when they are available.

Michael

16. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    and
    UPDATE 07-02-2014
    Finally found a ROM and oc kernel where Bluetooth and wifi works and at the same time it seems to be fairly stable. After the first days test, my score is 19500 Antutu Benchmark points and there is no flickering and other issues when looking on the screen. The big issues is still that my GPU and RAM doesn't change as much as other people tells about:confused:
    Will dig into that issue tomorrow, my goal are still around 21000 benchmark points.
    Michael

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  17. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Update 09-02-2014
    oc of GPU seems to be a little diffecult on this stick after I have run the "dmesg" command, I can see that CPU and RAM are oc, but GPU are still stock 446 MHz? I have tried sam321 kernel, but still the same lots of speed on CPU and RAM, but not on GPU.
    My setup are Neomode 2.1 Beta ROM and sam321 1800 MHZ CPU and 1500 MHZ RAM kernel.

PS still waiting for Tuen to give us a new ROM!!!

Basmand

18. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Hi

Have tried to install Neomode Custom Rom MK809III Version 3.1 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat *Update* ROM, works perfect on MK802IV, but unfortunately touch / Bluetooth connection fails at 75 %. probably something to do with Pioneer Appradio Bluetooth driver. Pioneer has stated that it will work with android up til 4.1.2

Basmand

19. Basmand

Basmand Member

Phone:
    Samsung S4
    TV Stick:
    MK802IV
    Update
    No secret any more, just change settings to > disable com.sec.knox.seandroid > setenforce 0 and touch works on the pioneer appradio, with kitkat 4.4.2

Basmand

Remove Advertisements